Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4c (3/26/17)

OMG! YOU'RE ADDING IN MY ROOM!
I also played v0.4c, and I noticed that the tesla gate's bright flash of light doesn't activate if you aren't looking at the tesla gate when it fires. That's the only thing I really noticed besides small things in the video.

Can't wait for v0.5!
[youtube]ssRiv4H9YJk[/youtube]
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

LORD DEATH wrote:What's your estimate for Version 5's release date?
Super salty about this - it was going to be yesterday but my friends and I played it and found quite a few bugs that need to be ironed out first. I would expect this weekend, however, as this is just bugfixing (and maybe adding a couple of visual effects)
Zackonark wrote:OMG! YOU'RE ADDING IN MY ROOM!
I also played v0.4c, and I noticed that the tesla gate's bright flash of light doesn't activate if you aren't looking at the tesla gate when it fires. That's the only thing I really noticed besides small things in the video.

Can't wait for v0.5!
[youtube]ssRiv4H9YJk[/youtube]
Haha yup it's finally going in! Took long enough, hopefully I can start implementing other people's room ideas going forward.

General Build v0.5.0 Released!

It’s my pleasure to present to the SCP community SCP Containment Breach Unity Alpha 0.5.
Check out what’s new!

SCP-106
106 now travels the facility seeking to kill you! Now with 100% less rising through the floor.
Very rough early implementation, so forgive the lack of animations. I have a lot of plans to make 106 more terrifying than ever before. He will already be harder to elude than before, making use of his pocket dimension as he hunts you.

Storage Room Upgrade 1
New modelled and textured section in the storage room that precedes my upcoming new event. You might want to go to the Vent Control room before going here, however.
Spoiler
New LC Vent Control Room
Room provided by Zackonark, textured by myself
Added first in-game event in this room! Activate the facility's auxilary ventilation system to progress deeper into the facility...
Spoiler
Rewired (Unity Addon)
Controller support and better input control
You can now play SCP: Containment Breach with a controller! Menu support is still in-progress, and will be handled in a future update.
In addition, thanks to Rewired the game now uses native input libraries to make input smoother and more stable on different systems. Should help fix a lot of quirks due to Unity’s ancient input system.

Upgraded interaction system
Changed interaction system to work more like original game but with better, more fine-tuned control. Now you can focus on surviving instead of trying to click on objects with pinpoint accuracy!

Tons of bugfixes and optimizations
Optimized doors, elevators, tesla gate, and other systems. There’s a new timer system that combines all timer functionality into one central object making it easy to add and remove timers without causing a lot of lag. In addition, there’s tons of small changes and fixes throughout to make the game smoother and more stable!

Downloads: 64-bit | 32-bit | Linux

Let me know what you think! As always, I’ll provide bugfixes and such free as they are discovered.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.5 (6/3/17)

This looks incredible! I can't wait to test it.

Edit:(Play test sort of....) So one of the things I've noticed is that sometimes, SCP-173 will teleport past the a door if it's closing due to SCP-173 being able to move when behind solid objects. There was a tesla gate that continued to fire after I walked through it. Also, I wasn't able to pick up objects that were on the higher shelves in the storage closet. Other than that, the game looked perfect and the map generator is spot on. I am going to say you will definitely need an S-NAV just to navigate through the facility and I LOVE THAT!. I can't wait to see what other types of awesome stuff you plan on doing to the game. BTW, why does the "starting" hallway (the room with a windowed wall and a lower area where SCP-173 spawns, with a gasmask and batteries) have sunlight coming into it? Is that going to be changed in the future?

Also, are you planning to add stone scraping sounds and neck snaps to SCP-173?
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.5 (6/3/17)

This looks incredible! I can't wait to test it.

Edit:(Play test sort of....) So one of the things I've noticed is that sometimes, SCP-173 will teleport past the a door if it's closing due to SCP-173 being able to move when behind solid objects.{/quote]
Ugh I thought I fixed this, do you happen to know which room it happened in? Was it a door between rooms, or a door inside of a room?
There was a tesla gate that continued to fire after I walked through it.
I'll look into this as well.
Also, I wasn't able to pick up objects that were on the higher shelves in the storage closet.
This is an issue, I will be able to fix it pretty easily though!
Other than that, the game looked perfect and the map generator is spot on. I am going to say you will definitely need an S-NAV just to navigate through the facility and I LOVE THAT!. I can't wait to see what other types of awesome stuff you plan on doing to the game. BTW, why does the "starting" hallway (the room with a windowed wall and a lower area where SCP-173 spawns, with a gasmask and batteries) have sunlight coming into it? Is that going to be changed in the future?
Awesome! I was thinking of adding some areas that allow sunlight in as a contrast, although it needs some more work.
Also, are you planning to add stone scraping sounds and neck snaps to SCP-173?
Yup! Once I have more content in the game I will revisit 173's AI and make a lot of changes, and at that point will get all spawning algorithms in, etc.