Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

CommanderMark wrote:
zornor90 wrote:Can free games have workshop support? I always assumed that only commercial games would get it, as valve would need to cover server costs, etc.
Yeah, why wouldn't they be?

Good example would be Synergy:
Well if I can have workshop support for a free game then that eliminates the need to make a commercial version!

Also Synergy looks cool

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

zonor soon i may be able to donate to you ! yay!, also i apologise for taking my time with getting around to this, ill download it now and start testing for ya.

personnaly i dont like the mask but it looks cool in your preveiw's

are you just going thing by thing or did you want to do the mask first. (or maybye it was easier to code idk)

well i dont know what the patreon crew said but ill try to test it anyway

cross :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:

Some actual feedback, I feel like 173 is appearing infront of the player when they open doors far too often. There's usually not much time for the shakes from the last scare to die down and the tension to build back up. Maybe there's something that can be done about it? I understand that in such an early state the AI probably isn't the best right now but just felt like i'd leave my feedback on it as it is right now.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Patreon Weekly Build: 0.3.2 out!

While I work on the new facility generation on a separate git branch, I'm continuing my improvement of the game's systems. This new build saves and loads settings externally, to a .ini file! This was made possible through the import of SharpConfig, an open-source library for saving and loading to .ini and other files in C#. In addition, the way that I handle settings is much improved; I should be able to add the main menu options menu as well as quite a few more new settings, coming soon. Like maybe even mappable input keys.
Check it out!

Changelog

Code: Select all

v0.3.2
Settings are now persistent and stored in a .ini file for external modification! 

Added SharpConfig as a submodule
Removed SettingsController. Settings has a new, better workflow
SettingsLoader loads settings from a file at startup, or creates it if it does not exist or is broken
SettingsLoader uses a cache to store references to ingame elements, and different groups of SettingsData to separate and wrap settings: videoSettings, inputSettings, etc.
OptionsScreens edit those settings directly, so that they can be changed immediately. They are then saved to a file if the user clicks 'Save', or reloaded from the file should the user wish to discard the settings.
Added an invert mouse option to the mouse, which actually works now!
Moved input controllers to be a subset of the engine, on the game object PlayerInput
Better behavior for post processing and cameras. Profile and info stored on SettingsCache, grabbed by PlayerCamera at start and injected into PlayerCamera should values change at runtime
Player's inventory scripts now on sub-gameobject with linking variables in player, for better organization and to avoid GetComponent<> each time an item is picked / dropped / etc
Moved game services (audio, event, etc) off of Engine and into their own script, GameServices