Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (1/1/17)

im toxic because i seen around 10 fps unity projects end up abandoned after the dev asks money to "help with development" only to get a few easy bucks and adios amigos xD
this engine is such a cancer no wonder scammers use it to fool people...

Now i hope this aint the case here but after i saw the dev switch to this patreon bs with paid builds instead of posting the last builds here for free i feel this whole situation wont end well

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (1/1/17)

I really don't want to add to this conversation but hey I feel I have to, ever since zonor switched to patreon development has actually sped up alot based on ynow all the posts on his progress, he is still going to post the new update in fact its coming incredibly soon

Zonor I don't think you should worry about this, people are concerned for the development and that's a good thing because it shows community interest

914 killed me wrote:im toxic because i seen around 10 fps unity projects end up abandoned after the dev asks money to "help with development" only to get a few easy bucks and adios amigos xD

Now i hope this aint the case here but after i saw the dev switch to this patreon bs with paid builds instead of posting the last builds here for free i feel this whole situation wont end well
If I wanted to make easy money I'd have turned Containment Breach into a Survival Early Access clone where you craft wooden structures to protect yourself from zombies that look like SCP-173 ;P

:laugh:
zornor90 wrote:
914 killed me wrote:im toxic because i seen around 10 fps unity projects end up abandoned after the dev asks money to "help with development" only to get a few easy bucks and adios amigos xD

If I wanted to make easy money I'd have turned Containment Breach into a Survival Early Access clone where you craft wooden structures to protect yourself from zombies that look like SCP-173 ;P
:laugh: I'm sorry but that's the spiciest comeback I've seen in a while R.I.P
memecraft :duck:

Dude, this is a great idea! I hope you do manage to finish this because this is quite the task. I've hoped for a multiplayer mod for the longest time now and because of the blitz3d engine and the general game itself it caused problems and it was never achieved. IF you do manage to complete this it would allow a Multiplayer mod to be made a lot easier. So overall I wish you luck. I'm not promising anything but I gotta a lot of christmas money, so i might end up donating. Keeping working hard man. Good Luck.

P.S. (For anyone who may give me crap for wanting multiplayer)
I know the idea of a multiplayer is... let's say "disputed", but this is my opinion
and anyone can have theirs, having a multiplayer mod doesn't really
affect people who don't want it.

dragosharwild wrote:Dude, this is a great idea! I hope you do manage to finish this because this is quite the task. I've hoped for a multiplayer mod for the longest time now and because of the blitz3d engine and the general game itself it caused problems and it was never achieved. IF you do manage to complete this it would allow a Multiplayer mod to be made a lot easier. So overall I wish you luck. I'm not promising anything but I gotta a lot of christmas money, so i might end up donating. Keeping working hard man. Good Luck.

P.S. (For anyone who may give me crap for wanting multiplayer)
I know the idea of a multiplayer is... let's say "disputed", but this is my opinion
and anyone can have theirs, having a multiplayer mod doesn't really
affect people who don't want it.
Thanks dude. Multiplayer with unity is totally an option. It's not something I'm considering at the moment, but with a modding API and if / when I open-source the project, it should be a lot easier for fans / the community to create a multiplayer mod.

Build's almost done, looks like it'll be tonight!

Build v0.3.1 is out!

This is the latest general build for containment breach. The primary focus of this build was on the dimension switching system and SCP-1499's dimension. There have also been a TON of under the hood changes for performance and scalability. The pickup system now ties into the equipment system, as SCP-1499's mask will demonstrate. AI has been redefined and uses System.Action behaviors that can be shared between AI, instead of clunky switch statements. Hope you guys like it!

The next build will focus on making the facility as fun as possible! This will include a new worldgen system for a more compact, exciting facility; better AI for 173; more pickups strewn throughout; and the addition of some new rooms and SCPs.

Indev v0.3.1: 64-bit | 32-bit

Changelog (since last general build):

Code: Select all

v0.3.1
Created a new data structure, Mapped2DGrid, to use between classes that need a mapped 2d grid. This class abstracts the grid behavior from 1499's grid loaded and allows it to be used anywhere that a grid is needed with quick two-way lookup (position -> element and element -> position)
new GetOffset() extension method for VectorXZ
Starting dimension now calls its visuals handler at game start
Added PlayerTrigger component to call generic PlayerEnteredTrigger and PlayerLeftTrigger messages
1499 dimension now infinitely spawns terrain chunks in addition to grid chunks
Added Dynamic2DGrid. This generic class translates elements of a given type as the center of a grid moves. This class can be used by any class that needs a quick way to update a infinite grid dynamically. It even takes a Func and Action for createAction and removeAction, specifically, so that any logic that needs to be appled as elements are added and removed can be done.
GridLoader1499 and Dim1499Generator now uses Dynamic2DGrid to generate pathfinding grids and terrain chunks, respectively.
Fixed ItemOptionsPanel button being too big
ResetColor on an item sprite resets to selected color if selected
Scaled 1499 chunks to about 0.35%
Decreased sprint exhaust time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
Increased sprint time from 5 to 6 seconds
Increased dynamic grid speed generation in SCP-1499 by doubling the number of grids and reducing their size.
Fixed algorithm for generating stat bars. New algorithm will correctly generate and place the number of UI pieces based on specified width.
Changed anchors for UI statbars so that they can be resized by dragging
Fixed camera distance shortening with inventory open - need a better solution for framerate in inventory
World generation now uses GridDirection enum instead of strings to store directions
SCP1499 dimension now regenerates the grid at the center each time so that it is regenerating where the player respawns
AI now use an AIBehavior class with an Action field to define actions, instead of an enum and a switch statement. This will make adding, creating, and sharing behaviors very simple
Changed sliders for mouse input so that the sensitivity and smoothing have much smaller ranges that make more sense
AudioCache now only loads sounds as needed, reducing game memory usage by a lot.
Build 1499-1's basic AI. There are three standard behaviors - attack, wander, and commune. Attack means attack the player. Wander uses a new algorithm to find a random point to travel to, and commune is when they stand still and can be startled into attacking you.
1499 will attack you while standing still, after playing a noise. Moving instances can be interacted with freely
Added sun field to DimensionVisualParams with methods to enable / disable sun on dimension load / unload
Created Timer classes to deal with creating timers: BehaviorTimer, VariableBehaviorTimer, and RandomVariableBehaviorTimer. These abstract the timer logic away, so instead of three variables and if statements, one if statement and a function call with the passed deltaTime to increment / check the timer.
Added button click sound
Modified light in Store Room to be less yellow
Resized pickup models slightly to make more sense relative to each other's sizes
Increased ambient light in dimension 1499

v0.3
Fixed sprite for button behind player not showing - RearButtonSprite now responds to events instead of using an update loop
Removed some extraneous code from game loader
Dimensions now use a GridLoader to load / unload grids, instead of doing it from the generator.
Added function to copy a grid config
Built the grid system for SCP1499. There are nine grids so that units can pathfind around the player; grids will be enabled / disabled as the player travels to keep memory usage low.
Removed black lines from skyboxes - set texture wrap mode to clamp
Added unity component that sends messages when a player enters and exits a grid
1499gridloader responds to PlayerEnteredGrid and PlayerLeftGrid and generates new grids as the player travels
Faster grid loading in 1499's dimension. The center grid is loaded quickly and then the others are streamed in at low latency as the player begins to travel.
Some new GameEvents: PlayerEnteredGrid, PlayerLeftGrid, PlayerStanceChanged, PlayerEquippedItem, and PlayerUnequippedItem.
Equipping / unequipping items now sends messages. GameUI responds to these messages. Added functionality to GameUI to add an overlay sprite if the equipped item is a HeadEquippable and has an overlay sprite.
Added SCP-1499 gasmask overlay sprite.
HeadEquippable now mirrors its changes from base pickups to instances
Increased spawn chance for 1499 chunks from 15% to 20%
Gave chunks a slightly randomized position inside their grid cells
Added functionality to apex path to disable grids that are in the process of initializing
Grid loaders now add and remove messages on OnEnable() and OnDisable() so that they aren't incorrectly called
1499 grids are now unloaded as the player travels through the dimension
Save button now closes options menu
Added containment door frame, containment doors finally implemented!
Containment doors placed in room2closets and 173_opt
Both dynamic door portals and static room portals now regenerate when switching back to the facility dimension

v0.2.5
Updated to Unity 5.5!
Imported new battery model/texture from 1.3.3
Added Action<T> to ModuleDatabaseEditor.ShowStoredAssetList<T>, onEditAction. This allows each type of database editor to call a function on an entity if it's modified in the editor, and do some work on that object. For instance, the pickup database can mirror changes to instances of base items on a base item changing
Fixed pickup database not showing other items when one is null
Built class tree for EquippableItems and updated PickupDatabaseEditor to handle adding new equippables
Refactored PickupDatabaseEditor to use a list of class types to create new items rather than an enum. This removes needing to update the enum list whenever a new pickup type is added.
Installed SECTR core library for use in realtime visibility occlusion
Added functionality to remove null assets when fixing database
Reworked "Fix Database" for pickups. Separated out the unity asset stuff and database list stuff into respective classes. Ensures that all references are deleted first, including any in any pickup spawners, and then assets themselves are deleted
Wrapper function public void MirrorChangesToInstances(Pickup p) to mirror changes to instances of that item, as long as it isn't an instance
Removed extraneous float from loop inside GetColliderBoundsNoAlloc()
Added new "set_volume" console command
Big update to inventory UI.
-Can now drop items outside the PDA to drop them
-Fixed item image breaking when dragging, made drag_image a separate object so that it is totally distinct from item images. Item images are now completely static
-Renamed and reworked a lot of functions inside InventoryUI. It makes a lot more sense now and should be easier to extend and debug.
Started rework of dimension system. removed DimensionData and reworked Dimension as a ScriptableObject. Removed extraneous fields from Dimension and World, reworked the dimension creation system to be a lot more chill.
Separated generator functionality out of Dimension and put it into DimensionGenerator
reworked how grids are initialized so that multiple dimensions can initialize grids
Entities and pickups are now children of parent transforms, so that they can be enabled / disabled when the parent dimension is enabled / disabled
Added original game skyboxes
SCP-1499 now teleports the player between dimensions
Equippable items now do their equip and unequip effects correctly! Effects are sent to the Event system for processing so that they can be paused / unpaused correctly.
Added TeleportToDimension action to teleport between dimensions
Added functions to get dimension by name and switch to dimension by name to World.
Reworked EquipmentInventory to call equip and unequip methods only after item is successfully equipped or unequipped.
Generalized a lot of behavior for ModuleDatabaseEditors to cut down on copy-paste code.
Created generic function to Handle new asset creation in an editor
Created class "StoredAssetList" to wrap data for ShowStoredAssetList(), better compartmentalizing data
Rewrote ShowStoredAssetList() and ShowLinkedAssetList() to use the new AssetListEditor class, reducing function params by 2. Removed unused param 'wrapInBox' from both functions.
Added an editor for equippable item
Added messages for dimension load and unload
Game now waits for grid reinitialization before spawning entities / allowing player to move. This is allowed through the use of coroutines
Added 1499 terrain
Added a PlayMusic action
Fixed bug that let the player open PDA when the game's pause menu was open
PDA now closes when you switch dimensions, and input is disabled until dimension switch is complete (to prevent breaking the game by trying to load multiple dimensions at the same time)
Imported a lot more sounds
Changed the audio system to work with dimensions. Now, audio sources are divided into global and dimension-specific audio. They are stored in a new class AudioSourceService, which handles producing audio sources for the AudioManager to consume. AudioSourceServices are mapped to dimensions in a dictionary, with a pointer to the current source service set on dimension switch.
In addition, repeating sounds and sound sequences are stored in a similar fashion. This allows them to be paused and unpaused - so the facility intro can pause when you go to SCP-1499's world, and unpause when you return. Sound sequences need a bit more work in order to remember at what point during the sequence's current clip the sound was stopped. For now, a sound sequence will simply restart the current clip in the sequence.
Added editor for HeadEquippable which extends EquippableItemEditor; this re-uses all equippable item code with the addition of the head equippable's sprite overlay.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1 is out (1/5/17)

Quick patch to fix a couple of issues related to combat, and because it's a new year you guys get it for free!

Indev v0.3.1a: 64-bit | 32-bit

Changelog:

Code: Select all

v0.3.1a

Some fixes / changes to SCP-1499-1 instances to make them scarier / more of a threat
-Instances now run when attacking
-Instances that pause when the player is within attack range now switch to attacking the player
-Increased stopping distance so the instances are no longer pushing their bodies into the player
-Added a movement delay to simulate an attack animation; if they attack they will wait to move until the attack delay is expired
-Sometimes when colliding with them they will start attacking you. This is a bit wonky because Unity's default CharacterController doesn't like to play with physics. Will be streamlined when the CharacterController is updated

Player's vision now always goes black upon death
Better handling of vision going black when switching dimensions
Added a very crappy healthbar that responds to 'player health changed' message