Re: Idea on how to add new SCPs without cluttering the game with useless SCPs

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
1234fireball wrote:Most people requestin are youngens with skewl not everyone has the time to learn a programming language
School just slows down the learning. It doesn't necessarily stop it. Just use the tons of free tutorials online.
Homework and school slows down learning to the point that it's 'unprofitable' with HW and School taking up alot of time
Why not the GOC?

1234fireball wrote:Homework and school slows down learning to the point that it's 'unprofitable' with HW and School taking up alot of time
So really, it just boils down to how badly you want the requested feature. People here have jobs and stuff.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
1234fireball wrote:Homework and school slows down learning to the point that it's 'unprofitable' with HW and School taking up alot of time
So really, it just boils down to how badly you want the requested feature. People here have jobs and stuff.
Why are you getting on this guy for requesting additions? The game being open source and "people having jobs" are pretty dumb reasons to not be allowed to ask for stuff.

The Irrlicht port was open source, yet that didn't stop you from requesting things to be added to said port.

CommanderMark wrote:
Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Why are you getting on this guy for requesting additions? The game being open source and "people having jobs" are pretty dumb reasons to not be allowed to ask for stuff.

The Irrlicht port was open source, yet that didn't stop you from requesting things to be added to said port.
Incoming whining/complaining.
Spoiler
I've seen so many people request stuff, and then abandon their accounts entirely because things don't get added.
You know, those "Dr. Bright's Assistant" accounts that have 3 posts, all that are just their two cents.
If you're coming on here soley because you think that you, for some reason, will have your request favored over the hundreds of new suggestion threads that are apparently too good for the actual Suggestions Thread (and should really be in collaboration anyway), then to be honest, I think making an account is overkill. We get tons of activity in the General Discussion subsection solely because people want their suggestions to stand out since they think that they'll be ignored in the Suggestions thread, which they will, but the attention they get through making their own threads is not long-lasting.
The only "suggestions" I've ever seen get implemented into the game are ones where the person making the request actually implements it in some way that makes Regalis or any other developers inclined to do it (e.g. SCP-966, BoH) or someone who helps out enough that they get some control over the game (Third Subdivision or whatever it's called).

It's not like requesting stuff should be outright banned, but personally I'm getting really sick of suggestion threads. I'd honestly rather have board inactivity.
</rant>

About the Irrlicht port, I really at the time was only asking juanjpro about certain design choices he could make since he was completely rewriting the game from the ground up; I wasn't requesting anything even if it seemed like it. Every once in a while, he said that he was actually planning on doing something unique I had asked about.

Getting extra defensive here, I'm still in the middle of learning C++, and while school and recent finals are doing a great job of slowing it down, the Irrlicht port inspired me to learn it, partially so I could do stuff myself, so I hope to somewhat master it one day. Furthermore, I hope to one day contribute to this game.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.