Markiplier Returns to SCP

Don't misinterpret the title: Normally, I wouldn't make a thread about some public event or popular exposure (I don't usually make threads at all), but I actually think this is a fairly big deal, at least enough to be talked about.

I'm no big fan of him, but yesterday when I went through the usual results of searching up SCPCB on Youtube, I found that Markiplier is once again playing containment breach (as the title heavily implies). I know it's cool to hate Markiplier and whatnot, but it's possible that SCP could actually be receiving a popularity boost from him playing this game once again. He has gotten a substantial amount of views from the two videos he's posted so far, and it's likely that he'll be playing it again.

It's a bit of a stretch, but so many people seeing somebody as big as Markiplier playing the game could trigger an "Oh yeah, this game exists" reaction, especially since so many people watched him play it before/have played it themselves before. Furthermore, people who don't know about Containment Breach may get interested, because while it may not be a great or polished game by any means, these days you can get away with 5 renditions of something like Timore and people will pay for it before giving it a Positive overall rating.

I for one could be over-analyzing this, but what do you think? Will SCP see the light of day again with this semi-revival of a big name? Or should we let it die peacefully?
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Re: Markiplier Returns to SCP

Hubbawubba64 wrote:Don't misinterpret the title: Normally, I wouldn't make a thread about some public event or popular exposure (I don't usually make threads at all), but I actually think this is a fairly big deal, at least enough to be talked about.

I'm no big fan of him, but yesterday when I went through the usual results of searching up SCPCB on Youtube, I found that Markiplier is once again playing containment breach (as the title heavily implies). I know it's cool to hate Markiplier and whatnot, but it's possible that SCP could actually be receiving a popularity boost from him playing this game once again. He has gotten a substantial amount of views from the two videos he's posted so far, and it's likely that he'll be playing it again.

It's a bit of a stretch, but so many people seeing somebody as big as Markiplier playing the game could trigger an "Oh yeah, this game exists" reaction, especially since so many people watched him play it before/have played it themselves before. Furthermore, people who don't know about Containment Breach may get interested, because while it may not be a great or polished game by any means, these days you can get away with 5 renditions of something like Timore and people will pay for it before giving it a Positive overall rating.

I for one could be over-analyzing this, but what do you think? Will SCP see the light of day again with this semi-revival of a big name? Or should we let it die peacefully?
Markiplier brought the spotlight over to SCP Containment Breach once again, but I doubt it would last more than a week or two. It will definitely help with people coming to the forums to check the game out, but I doubt that people would play the game themselves. Markiplier is just showcasing the game and the people will just take it as it is. Don't get me wrong - It's great that someone with a large fanbase is showing the game to many people. However, he needs to play the game a few more times than once or twice in order to convince people to try the game out themselves.