About 106's behaviour... (Rather technical thread, beware.)

I was testing the game mechanics today and i decided to go pay a visit to 106's room, i did the containment procedure correctly, blah blah. Then i used the command '106state'.

His coordinates were located at 'X:0,Y:500.0,Z:0' meaning that he was somewhere outside of the playing area, and above the map.

So, i started noclipping and i went to 0,0,0 (starting point for the map.) and then i went up, once i reached 0,450,0 (well, i was at 13.(random number), 451.(random number),-12.(random number) I was hit by the HORROR! My speakers were very loud.

The old man's music started playing! But since i was outside the map area and couldn't see a shit, i didn't really see the old man anywhere, i panicked, i thought he was gonna get me in the dark, i was confused, scared and cold like a mother bear with her foot trapped in a beartrap while it's raining.

With that panic, i messed up the coords a bit, i was at around 30, 480-something, -something. I couldn't hear the music again, but if i tried to get close to 0,500,0 again, the old man's music would play again, and again, and again!

So yeah, i teleported back to 106's room, and i freed him from his containment chamber, obviously, i started noclipping away from him until he stopped chasing me. And i waited a bit, then i used the command ''106state''.

Oh, it seems that he's not in the map area this time either, i saw that his coordinates were something like 100, -25, 100 (this one maybe was negative.) Well, i didn't really go to those coordinates because i'm not THAT stupid, and i don't really want to get scared by his music playing suddenly in the dark.

I have a few questions to Regalis or anyone who knows the coding of 106...

Does the old man chase you when you're near the coordinates 0,500,0 (where he's placed after recontainment)? If not, why does his music play?

If you ever manage to get to the exact coordinates and be close to him, is it possible to hear his breathing, and, if you touch him, will he have the same behaviour? (smacking you and sending you to the PD)

Why is he placed so high in the map?

When i went to his room again after going to 0,500,0 , his music started playing for a while (And i also had some screen zoom-in-and-out of when you see a SCP), but when i checked his state to see if he was in the room or near it, he was still in 0,500,0. Why does that happen?

And one last thing, when i reached certain coordinates (i think i was at Y:100 or more, probably more) i found some kind of flat ceiling that was completely white.
It couldn't be seen from above it, and it had two layers, the other one being a little spaced from the first and it was paler than the previous one.
For what are those used for?

I guess that's all. I wonder if the thread made any sense.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Re: About 106's behaviour... (Rather technical thread, bewar

Mirocaine wrote:Hehehe, so he DOES sit above the map waiting.. terrifying for him to chase you in the dark. "Your not the only one who can noclip, bitch."

I've run into the whitewall as well when I was searching for the Pocket Dimension, I guess it's some sort of Boundary box for rendering the map? :roll:
i remember noclipping past it in like 0.3 and i found the PD. i think. i can't really remember.

EDIT: to see 106 in the dark, set the fog to really damn high in the config. i.e. 10000000000 for near, 10000000000000000 for far.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

I took a quick look at the code, but I haven't found much.
I'm not sure why 106 is placed at (0,500,0), but it is hard-coded into the game to send him there when he is disabled.
His model is hidden when disabled, so you shouldn't be able to see him (Even if you turn wireframe on or mess with the fog settings)
As for all your other questions, I'm confused.
According to the code, no sounds or actions related to 106 should happen if he is idle.

Did you check 106's status when the music turned on near (Y 500)? If so was Idle equal to 1 or 0?
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:I took a quick look at the code, but I haven't found much.
I'm not sure why 106 is placed at (0,500,0), but it is hard-coded into the game to send him there when he is disabled.
His model is hidden when disabled, so you shouldn't be able to see him (Even if you turn wireframe on or mess with the fog settings)
As for all your other questions, I'm confused.
According to the code, no sounds or actions related to 106 should happen if he is idle.

Did you check 106's status when the music turned on near (Y 500)? If so was Idle equal to 1 or 0?
I did, i don't really remember too well, but Idle was probably 1.0. There was another thing, i think it was called State: or Status: which displayed weird numbers at times.

Oh! Can you rewrite a tiny ammount of code so that his model can still be seen when disabled? Then give it to me? I want to test something.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote: Oh! Can you rewrite a tiny ammount of code so that his model can still be seen when disabled? Then give it to me? I want to test something.
In 'NPCs.bb' lines 403 and 404 can be edited to alter the changes on 106 when disabled. It should be obvious as to what line 403 does, so you could comment that out by putting a semicolon in front of the line or deleting it.
Another thing you may want to do is edit the coordinates on line 404 so that he is placed right beside you. (For example: PositionEntity(n\obj, EntityX(Collider), EntityY(Collider), EntityZ(Collider) + 1.0, True)
Unfortunately I cannot recompile the code as I do not have Blitz3d or the extension library used in SCP.
M-x dingus-mode