Beware of 106 stealing your stuff!

So I was playing on the Safe difficulty setting and attempting to get an Omni Keycard by dropping loads of keycards in 914's containment chamber until I was ready to start refining stuff. This meant leaving some of my valuables on the floor (a Gasmask, SCP-714, The S-NAV Ultimate, NV Goggles, a fine radio, and SCP-860 to be exact). I came back with a load of junk I was going to take to the SCP-1167 (the hole in the wall) to exchange for a bunch of keycards. SCP-106 showed up right at the wrong time in front of my pile of goods. Not thinking I saved after he passed over it. I came back to get my stuff and realized that everything except the clipboard was gone. It completely ruined my game and I had to restart. Case and point, watch where you put your stuff and make sure that 106 doesn't touch it.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill

Re: Beware of 106 stealing your stuff!

LORD DEATH wrote:I came back with a load of junk I was going to take to the SCP-1167 (the hole in the wall) to exchange for a bunch of keycards. SCP-106 showed up right at the wrong time in front of my pile of goods. Not thinking I saved after he passed over it. I came back to get my stuff and realized that everything except the clipboard was gone. It completely ruined my game and I had to restart.
To be honest, this is probably a save bug, and it's not recommended to immediately reload the game after such an event (it mostly ends in MAVs in my case). And also:
Spoiler
You can only obtain items that you lost in the past from the hole. As a D-Class, you never had any keycard access until the breach, so you won't ever obtain any keycard from using it alone. Risking it at the HCZ and/or SCP-914 is preferred.
Corrosive Beast wrote:its not scp 106 my items frok the ground dissapear too at random the devs just cant make a simple 200mb fps game without 10000 bugs
SCP:CB technically only has one developer, Regalis. And his commitments with the Barotrauma game (congrats by the way for him with the Steam Greenlight!) would inevitably mean lesser focus for SCP:CB in ironing out the bugs, and even then Blitz3D is an outdated engine anyway, so to expect most bugs to be cleared would never happen. Juanjpro has done major contributions to the game such as some of the SCPs from the BoH mod, the mavless DLL, and other improvements to the game's source code; but in the end it's Regalis' decision that actually put them in the game.

So when you think about a 200MB game made under an outdated engine by a single indie developer that had received contributions from other users to add further to the game and is currently working on a different game as well that is also complex in terms of gameplay, it's unavoidable that there will be misses. The better thing we should do is help him out instead of remarking about the 10000 bugs the game probably has.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

The game is not that buggy by any means. SCP:CB version1.3.7 is one of the most stable releases yet considering the jumbled mess of code that the devs have been sifting through. Vane Brain is doing a great job keeping the game alive and improving it through constant optimization updates and bug fixes. The game now runs as Regalis intended thanks to his efforts. Aside from that, the game still has a ton of bugs that must be ironed out and plenty of more optimizations to go through before it can be considered a finished project.

LORD DEATH wrote:The game is not that buggy by any means. SCP:CB version1.3.7 is one of the most stable releases yet considering the jumbled mess of code that the devs have been sifting through. Vane Brain is doing a great job keeping the game alive and improving it through constant optimization updates and bug fixes. The game now runs as Regalis intended thanks to his efforts. Aside from that, the game still has a ton of bugs that must be ironed out and plenty of more optimizations to go through before it can be considered a finished project.
I'm not only 1 who trying to keep this game not buggy. You forgot about Shaun (ENDSHN/PXLSHN)!
Also Juanjpro actually started to work for CB again! He is modding the engine right now.

Vane Brain wrote:
LORD DEATH wrote:The game is not that buggy by any means. SCP:CB version1.3.7 is one of the most stable releases yet considering the jumbled mess of code that the devs have been sifting through. Vane Brain is doing a great job keeping the game alive and improving it through constant optimization updates and bug fixes. The game now runs as Regalis intended thanks to his efforts. Aside from that, the game still has a ton of bugs that must be ironed out and plenty of more optimizations to go through before it can be considered a finished project.
I'm not only 1 who trying to keep this game not buggy. You forgot about Shaun (ENDSHN/PXLSHN)!
Also Juanjpro actually started to work for CB again! He is modding the engine right now.
Fair enough, I did forget to mention the other guys.

Apologies. Did not realize about Shaun at all, and I forgot about Vane Brain being one of the leads now since I did see him helping out people having bugs on SCP:CB on the Bug Report section on a few posts.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.