Re: This poor game deserves better.

Corrosive Beast wrote:Awesomeguy pls dont try to troll or sound funny/cool you only embarrass yourself
WHOA MAAAN, WHOA. What is with that Motherfucking ATTITUDE there mister? I'm just trying to make this disgusting, dead shithole a better place, and yet here you are with yo motherfucking NEGATIVE COMMENTS. Why don't you LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVEE THE THREAD, because we don't need no shitty ass rude insults around these parts. (Life is a painful, meaningless affair, set in a hopeless world that is doomed to ruin itself. The only remaining salvation is a random half-baked indie game that the creator doesn't even really care about anymore) You did alot of stupid assthings like DISAGREEING WITH ME so obviously you have CRIPPLING DEPRESSION, and should go play CHECKERS AT SEA WORLD.
Spoiler
I'm sorry Taco-senpai.

I honestly would do what I normally do and try my best to actually add to the discussion after some shit-storm of a shitpost like this, but honestly, what am I supposed to say? Everything that can be said, has been said and it has become evident that, whether out of malicious intentions or not, the person who is instigating this discussion is completely unreasonable. While this has been fun, the responsible thing for the forums right now would be to lock this thread before it somehow gets even more out of hand (I mean, he did just call my life boring, pathetic and pointless(not that he's wrong), so we're obviously not at an emotionally good spot right now).

And finally, yes, Corrosive Beast is actually right in the above statement. My whole entire time on this forum have been filled with me going too far with jokes that are obviously not funny.I can imagine most of the people on this forum who are familiar with me letting out some annoyed sigh when they see my name, because they know what kind of shitshow they're gonna read when they click on the thread.Let me clarify that nothing I do is because I'm trying to be a dick (although I probably succeed in that regardless), or because I'm trying to look "cool" in front of a bunch of random horror fans (which I obviously fail at), but rather I do what I do because I believe it will make the best out of a bad situation, even if it is really fucking stupid.

But hey, that's just a rant, an Awesomeguy Rant, thanks for shitposting.

READING HELPS! Seriously, it can help in more ways than one in this case. If you're going to try and be apart of a forum, you'll need to do some reading. That's just the way it is. That aside, this post is pure comedy gold, cancer, and bleach brain killer all in one. I honestly didn't think this sort of thing was possible. That aside in an attempt to keep this discussion civilized, I'm going to address your statements one at a time.

" major company needs to make a remake of this game this game deserves a better engine blitz is lame and unity engine is for the lazy people and dumb kids and less bugs and a better key card system for scp 914."

In terms of your first statement about SCP:CB needing to be remade by a big name dev, SCP:CB is honestly just fine being an indie-horror game. While I do agree that a AAA title release of this game would be cool, it's simply not going to happen. The reason why is because this game has neither the popularity or demand required for a AAA release. No big name company would want to waste time and resources trying to make something that would only sell at best a few hundred copies. In terms of blitz being lame, no it is not. Blitz may be an old engine, but it still works in the case of SCP:CB. The only issue was Regalis's lack of experience when he first started working. He never really intended for the game to be as complex as it is now. It just sort of happened through the years of community support. In terms of Unity being for "dumb kids and lazy people" you're fallaciously associating bad engine design with poor development procedures. It's not the engine that's to blame, it's the fact that since this stuff is open source, literally anyone with (almost) any level of experience can make something. What usually happens is you have a whole bunch of people either making really simple, buggy or downright lazily designed games just for fun. Or, you have people stealing assets from one another and shoehorning them into their own design. I've seen this again and again with Unity games on Gamejolt. Despite this, I've actually found a collection of some pretty cool and well designed (and even optimized stuff).

"idc if its ea or activision just make a normal scp game!

maybe valve will make the game but i herd they dont make games anymore (rip half life)"

EA and Activision are both publishers. Not game developers. They own the right's to certain franchises such as Call of Duty and Battlefield to name a few popular franchises. An example of the companies that work for them would be Dice (who work for EA) and Sledgehammer Games (who are currently working on Call of Duty WWII which will be published by Activision). Even if they somehow wanted to do a remake of SCP:CB, they would need to get several additional rights not only from the SCP Wiki site and the authors of the SCPs, but they would also need to get permission from the authors of the content from which the SCP Wiki entries are based on. This would be an incredible feat in its own right. Also, game companies like these will only consider the task if it's deemed worth the time. The reason why these companies specialize on their respective franchises is because they sell millions of copies world wide and bring in millions, if not, billions of dollars. SCP:CB would only make at best, a few thousand dollars. No big name company would even think about doing something like that.

The conclusion is that SCP:CB is nothing more than an Indie game (albeit a very well crafted and deep one in terms of the price). It doesn't matter how badly you want a AAA release of the game, it won't happen without proper resources and demand. Right now, the game barely has any demand as is. It's not even Steam Greenlit.
Last edited by LORD DEATH on Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill

LORD DEATH wrote:SCP:CB is honestly just fine being an indie-horror game.
LORD DEATH wrote:Blitz may be an old engine, but it still works in the case of SCP:CB. The only issue was Regalis's lack of experience when he first started working. He never really intended for the game to be as complex as it is now. It just sort of happened through the years of community support.
LORD DEATH wrote:The conclusion is that SCP:CB is nothing more than an Indie game
I'll be honest, I wouldn't have expected such statements coming from you without an adde-
LORD DEATH wrote:(albeit a very well crafted and deep one in terms of the price).
Wait nvm there it is.
LORD DEATH wrote:Even if they somehow wanted to do a remake of SCP:CB, they would need to get several additional rights not only from the SCP Wiki site and the authors of the SCPs, but they would also need to get permission from the authors of the content from which the SCP Wiki entries are based on.
Uh no they don't.

Corrosive Beast wrote:Well i warned you twice about long posts now you are just trolling
What, are you gonna delete my post and ban me? Oh wait, your not a moderator. Again, if your going to try to participate in a forum, be prepared to read.

Corrosive Beast wrote:i will pay money to get mod if i have to and get rid of the pests who insulted me with name calling
Corrosive Beast wrote:get rid of the pests who insulted me with name calling
Corrosive Beast wrote:get rid of the pests who insulted me
Corrosive Beast wrote:get rid of the pests
Corrosive Beast wrote:get rid of the pests
Corrosive Beast wrote:the pests
Hypocrisy at its finest.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Corrosive Beast wrote:
Go play your goat simulator and leave this thead for people who agree with me and want to make this game better.

Yes, let's turn this forum into an echo chamber full of illiterate half-wits who have no idea what they're talking about and talk down to everyone. Would a moderator please lock thiread? It's gone way past its useful life.

LORD DEATH wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:
Go play your goat simulator and leave this thead for people who agree with me and want to make this game better.

Yes, let's turn this forum into an echo chamber full of illiterate half-wits who have no idea what they're talking about and talk down to everyone. Would a moderator please lock thiread? It's gone way past its useful life.
Negative kids like you will make this thread locked!
GO AWAY FROM MY THREAD its for civilized talk not for neatherlands