Re: This poor game deserves better.

Lukasz123x wrote:so you say unity engine is bad...
hmm...
you not know what games are maked in unity...
i can say:
- rust
- hearthstone
- my summer car (favourite game hehe)
- itp...
pfft only heard of rust.
should i make a list with all the games that didnt use unity and will stay as the top games in humn history?
would need 1000 pages.

shitty unity games will be forgotten forever cause top games are not made in trashy unity.

unity loving mod pls dont ban me again for hating your super awesome engine

The only reason I can figure out for all the hate in Unity, is that it's so easy to use people make small shitty games and place it on Steam (which of course gets Greenlit). The game is shit, people think it's Unity's fault.
Nope.

Unreal Engine 4 and Unity are two of the best engines out there on the market, and when used correctly, can create awesome games and visuals.

I invite you to check out this video, which shows some of the good games made with Unity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lWpnvNxs8k
Maybe working on a SCP project.

Corrosive Beast wrote:unity loving mod pls dont ban me again for hating your super awesome engine
If you were temporarily banned, blindly hating on Unity was only a small part of the problem. The main reason you were banned is because you have been nothing but rude to people who tried to add to the conversation, and have been incredibly possessive over who is "allowed" to post on threads you make (it's a publicly available forum, no-one is "not allowed" to post on your threads), not to mention the random posts where you dump on Regalis' design choices and blame him for the faults of a very old game engine which he had nothing to do with developing.

You're allowed to dislike Unity if you want, just don't disrespect the good side of the engine, and those who like a lot of Unity games. If you haven't heard of a game, but someone has, take it as advice that you might want to check out the game (you don't even have to buy it; just look at gameplay footage on YouTube.)

3rlite wrote:The only reason I can figure out for all the hate in Unity, is that it's so easy to use people make small shitty games and place it on Steam (which of course gets Greenlit). The game is shit, people think it's Unity's fault.
Nope.
Yup. Unity can be optimized if you are smart, and don't use their standard code design but build using smart, game-programming event-driven systems. Because Unity is so easy to develop for, people do associate it with a lot of bad games...honestly though they've probably played good games made with unity and not noticed.

I mean, sure, Unreal engine is a lot better but it's also a lot harder to develop for so one man projects probably aren't going to go as far.

Tbh, every game has its flaws. Fuck, I've posted stuff left and right on these forums on how I think CB could be better. But the key words there are "I think". No two people look for the same thing when it comes to..well everything. So just because you think something is bad doesn't mean some one else does. Even if they do, doesn't mean they think so for the same reason.

You may think it's the engine's fault (hell, I used to say the same), but 9 times out of 10 it's the programmer who puts those very flaws into a game. Being stubborn and not listening will not change this.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Corrosive Beast wrote:*still waiting for a name of a unity game that got atleast 1 award*
unreal engine 4 is like unity on steroids tbh its going to be the engine for the 200 p.t clones
Awards mean nothing. If you don't form your own opinion and stay with the same "this has no awards, it's SHIT!" mindset, people are not going to understand you at all. Like I've said, you appear to be unable to learn from your mistakes, learning from mistakes is what being human is about.

There are such things as bad Unreal games. I've seen a few.