This poor game deserves better.

A major company needs to make a remake of this game this game deserves a better engine blitz is lame and unity engine is for the lazy people and dumb kids and less bugs and a better key card system for scp 914.

idc if its ea or activision just make a normal scp game!

maybe valve will make the game but i herd they dont make games anymore (rip half life)

Re: This poor game deserves better.

Corrosive Beast wrote:this game deserves a better engine
No it doesn't.

At the expense of being responded to with a 5 paragraph essay of gibberish from Vane Brain or whoever completely misses the point of my post, I really need to question the average intelligence of a CB fan.

I don't understand why people put CB on such a high pedestal, claiming that it's the best horror game ever made or that it needs a remake. For any remake of the game to actually be decent you would have to create an entirely different game because CB is fundamentally broken. If we lived in an alternate universe where CB was the exact same except it ran on every rig imaginable and had little-to-no game breaking bugs, it would still be pretty bad. Whether it is actually a good game or not is up to debate but anyone who claims that CB is somehow the best horror game ever made really has no idea what they're talking about.

Even if I disagree with a lot of Zornor's design choices for his Unity port he still has the right idea of changing how the core gameplay works. If anything his port might be the best one out there because it's at least planning to not be 1:1 and instead do its own thing (assuming it doesn't backfire).

Normally I wouldn't really care enough about people making stupid threads, but then there's threads like these that make me question whether or not the people who actually like CB have any good decision making skills at all. I mean wow, guys we totes got to get together and petition a revive of CB to Regalis even though he's already stated his opinion on the matter and probably prefers working on the project that'll actually make money and isn't a piece of garbage.
Corrosive Beast wrote:unity engine is for the lazy people and dumb kids
You will single handily be able to create a successful port to the Unity engine. I guarantee it.
Corrosive Beast wrote:idc if its ea or activision just make a normal scp game!

maybe valve will make the game but i herd they dont make games anymore (rip half life)
Durr hurr making references to popular negative opinions in the hopes of sounding cool. What are you, Discord staff?

Corrosive Beast wrote:A major company needs to make a remake of this game
You're not going to find one that's willing to invest in it, because there's no profit involved.
If you're not lazy, Unity can be great, you're just making a blanket statement here.
Corrosive Beast wrote:a better key card system for scp 914.
Pretty much the only thing I can agree on, the current system sucks. You don't need a AAA company to pull this off though, at most it takes a week's worth of effort to pull off for any half-competent indie dev.

Corrosive Beast wrote:A major company needs to make a remake of this game this game deserves a better engine blitz is lame and unity engine is for the lazy people and dumb kids and less bugs and a better key card system for scp 914.

So this is what happens when you try to revive the dead.

Ok, first of all, "deserves better". I would understand this phrase if it was something like a band not getting enough popularity due to current tastes despite the quality of their music, but you seem to be implying that a game "deserves" to be made better. A game is made the way it is by the merits of its creator, you can't say that something is entitled to be better.

Second is your entire argument about engines. Is Blitz an obsolete piece of garbage? Yes, but reg will even admit that most of cb's problems are his fault more than the engine's. Next is about Unity. While you're not wrong about Unity's user base consisting of a bunch of incompetent developers trying to catch a ride on the super hip and cool indie horror bandwagon, it's like saying that Unreal is a bad engine because Capcom made some extremely questionable choices in regard to their dlc practices when making Asura's Wrath. It doesn't actually say anything about the quality of the engine, if anything it really helped the aforementioned game do alot of the cool flashy shit that the game is known for, Capcom are just dicks. Tangential example aside, your statement does nothing to discredit Unity as a suitable engine for a low budget port that wants to turn a dead game into another Outlast-esque cash grab.

Third of all, you don't need to remake the entire thing to iron out bugs and rework the card system, that's just silly, you're silly, stop being silly. I mean, if your car starts having issues starting up then I suppose you could always drop it into a pool of Dr Pepper in order to get enough Youtube ad revenue to buy a new one, but it's probably a safer solution to just replace the one defective part.

"A big company would be able to make scpcb better, well not all big companies, but you get the gist. Oh, my stab at EA and Activision wasn't necessary? Well how else am I suppose to establish trust unless I make obvious jokes referencing popular negative opinions shared about companies?"

Also you seem to think that valve does nothing anymore but that's not true.

Top 10 current Valve exploits:
10.) Supporting DOTA 2
9.) Supporting DOTA 2
8.) Supporting DOTA 6 - 4
7.) Creating a new engine for DOTA 2
6.) Keeping a team of about 5 people employed while they occasionally try to continue to milk more money out of the dying TF2 fanbase while struggling to adapt to the fact that their game now has an increasing amount of competition after many long years of complacency
5.) Maintaining what's basically the only PC video game distribution platform that most people will ever bother using.
4.) Figuring out how to make Left For Dead 2 again, but in the DOTA 2 engine.
2.) Taking bets on how long these half life 3 jokes will last.
1.) Making as much money as possible from angry Russians who really like karambits.

Also the mere mention of Valve here is the most random and meaningless thing, there's absolutely no reason to think it would happen. I know you're a kid that just wants their wish about their favorite game that Markiplier recently played to be fulfilled but come on. I am looking forward to any Vane Brain X Gaben fanfiction that comes out of this tho.

So in conclusion, this is the part where I make some sort of overarching point to everything I just said, but there isn't one, this was just fun to make.
Spoiler
I lived, bitches.

Before I say anything, I'll let you know real quick that this is NOT personal or anything. Just trying to make a point.
Corrosive Beast wrote:A major company needs to make a remake of this game
Not necessary. Even if we suppose such a company would actually manage to have people with respect to Foundation lore and make it well-written and well-developed, licensing issues won't be in favor for them. SCP-173's appearance for instance would require further permission from the original sculpture's creator: it was only allowed on the SCP site as is, but if a major company would take upon the role to commercially distribute a game with SCP-173 on it the creator can argue a denial given it's not intended to be shown any further in that manner. And even then, the wiki is licensed under Creative Commons Sharealike anyway, which requires companies to distribute it under the same license: and they won't agree to this because that would mean that technically their game would be somewhat open source as they have to permit other people from getting parts of the game to use in their own purposes as long as they use the same license for that derived work, which I don't think closed-proprietary-thinking major companies would do mostly, and profit is a bit difficult to acquire in this manner too.
Corrosive Beast wrote:this game deserves a better engine blitz is lame and unity engine is for the lazy people and dumb kids
Sure, SCP:CB probably would be better on a more modern engine. But there's a difference between Blitz3D being 'lame' and its state of being 'outdated'. 'Lame' means that the engine is boring in a way that you can do little with it. Obviously that's false or otherwise we wouldn't be talking about the game in the first place XD. It is undoubtedly an outdated engine though, which is why it tends to have errors especially on newer systems that can't handle legacy software and such.

As for Unity, no. There's already enough proof that Unity can pave for well-developed games; focusing on the negative users would not help anyone.
Corrosive Beast wrote:and less bugs and a better key card system for scp 914.
Of course less bugs are always preferred. But the key card system for me is OK, since you're now put with a compromising choice on getting access to more rooms: stay on SCP-914 for a long time and run the risk of :106: and :173: getting close to you, or just get ahead to the HCZ to get higher keycards and go back later for other tools? I personally would always love to have a Level Omni keycard from SCP-914 whenever I end up with it in the past, where going into rooms was easier, but this choice to make the keycard system more difficult and allowing you to be less dependent on SCP-914 for me adds tension that works better for the game. I guess a minor complaint is that we should get more varying cards, like more credit cards (Visa) and staff IDs (like from Ross).

See above.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

CommanderMark wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:this game deserves a better engine
No it doesn't.

At the expense of being responded to with a 5 paragraph essay of gibberish from Vane Brain or whoever completely misses the point of my post, I really need to question the average intelligence of a CB fan.

I don't understand why people put CB on such a high pedestal, claiming that it's the best horror game ever made or that it needs a remake. For any remake of the game to actually be decent you would have to create an entirely different game because CB is fundamentally broken. If we lived in an alternate universe where CB was the exact same except it ran on every rig imaginable and had little-to-no game breaking bugs, it would still be pretty bad. Whether it is actually a good game or not is up to debate but anyone who claims that CB is somehow the best horror game ever made really has no idea what they're talking about.

Even if I disagree with a lot of Zornor's design choices for his Unity port he still has the right idea of changing how the core gameplay works. If anything his port might be the best one out there because it's at least planning to not be 1:1 and instead do its own thing (assuming it doesn't backfire).

Normally I wouldn't really care enough about people making stupid threads, but then there's threads like these that make me question whether or not the people who actually like CB have any good decision making skills at all. I mean wow, guys we totes got to get together and petition a revive of CB to Regalis even though he's already stated his opinion on the matter and probably prefers working on the project that'll actually make money and isn't a piece of garbage.
You will single handily be able to create a successful port to the Unity engine. I guarantee it.

Durr hurr making references to popular negative opinions in the hopes of sounding cool. What are you, Discord staff?
too long didnt read.
but i noticed something about scp cb being the best horror game and no its not p.t demo is the top horror "game" ever made, a real masterpeace fuck the devs for not releasing a game which would revive horror games. rip silent hills

and wtf is discord im not familiar with all this new shit like roblox and all the other crap

Awesomeguy147 wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:A major company needs to make a remake of this game this game deserves a better engine blitz is lame and unity engine is for the lazy people and dumb kids and less bugs and a better key card system for scp 914.

So this is what happens when you try to revive the dead.

Ok, first of all, "deserves better". I would understand this phrase if it was something like a band not getting enough popularity due to current tastes despite the quality of their music, but you seem to be implying that a game "deserves" to be made better. A game is made the way it is by the merits of its creator, you can't say that something is entitled to be better.

Second is your entire argument about engines. Is Blitz an obsolete piece of garbage? Yes, but reg will even admit that most of cb's problems are his fault more than the engine's. Next is about Unity. While you're not wrong about Unity's user base consisting of a bunch of incompetent developers trying to catch a ride on the super hip and cool indie horror bandwagon, it's like saying that Unreal is a bad engine because Capcom made some extremely questionable choices in regard to their dlc practices when making Asura's Wrath. It doesn't actually say anything about the quality of the engine, if anything it really helped the aforementioned game do alot of the cool flashy shit that the game is known for, Capcom are just dicks. Tangential example aside, your statement does nothing to discredit Unity as a suitable engine for a low budget port that wants to turn a dead game into another Outlast-esque cash grab.

Third of all, you don't need to remake the entire thing to iron out bugs and rework the card system, that's just silly, you're silly, stop being silly. I mean, if your car starts having issues starting up then I suppose you could always drop it into a pool of Dr Pepper in order to get enough Youtube ad revenue to buy a new one, but it's probably a safer solution to just replace the one defective part.

"A big company would be able to make scpcb better, well not all big companies, but you get the gist. Oh, my stab at EA and Activision wasn't necessary? Well how else am I suppose to establish trust unless I make obvious jokes referencing popular negative opinions shared about companies?"

Also you seem to think that valve does nothing anymore but that's not true.

Top 10 current Valve exploits:
10.) Supporting DOTA 2
9.) Supporting DOTA 2
8.) Supporting DOTA 6 - 4
7.) Creating a new engine for DOTA 2
6.) Keeping a team of about 5 people employed while they occasionally try to continue to milk more money out of the dying TF2 fanbase while struggling to adapt to the fact that their game now has an increasing amount of competition after many long years of complacency
5.) Maintaining what's basically the only PC video game distribution platform that most people will ever bother using.
4.) Figuring out how to make Left For Dead 2 again, but in the DOTA 2 engine.
2.) Taking bets on how long these half life 3 jokes will last.
1.) Making as much money as possible from angry Russians who really like karambits.

Also the mere mention of Valve here is the most random and meaningless thing, there's absolutely no reason to think it would happen. I know you're a kid that just wants their wish about their favorite game that Markiplier recently played to be fulfilled but come on. I am looking forward to any Vane Brain X Gaben fanfiction that comes out of this tho.

So in conclusion, this is the part where I make some sort of overarching point to everything I just said, but there isn't one, this was just fun to make.
Spoiler
I lived, bitches.
no valve has done nothing they said a big fuck you to single player and went for the easy cash by making multiplayer after multiplayer game and cant even say if half life 3 is in the making for a fucking decade now!

my fav singleplayer games keep getting abandoned rip half life, rip command and conquer, rip dino crisis, rip stalker i wish i could be stuck forever in the 2000-2010 years