Re: SCP: Containment Breach

Ely wrote:The game in alpha version since 2014, now beta is upcoming in september month (Steam), and release at the end of the year.
Huh?
That's Barotrauma, not SCP Containment Breach. CB left Alpha a LOOOONG time ago.

And sorry to break it to you, but Containment Breach is never going to officially be on Steam. The creator of the Untitled 2004 statue allowed the SCP Foundation to use the statue's likeness for SCP-173, for non-commercial purposes. This means it won't be allowed on Steam at all, even for free. Any time someone re-uploads it to Steam, Regalis has to issue a take-down order, because it's his game, and it also breaks the "non-commercial" agreement between Izumi Kato and the SCP Foundation.

Ely wrote:I don't need reception, what are you talking about?
Maybe if you actually read my original post, you'd know what I was talking about with reception :)

AgentParadox wrote:for non-commercial purposes. This means it won't be allowed on Steam at all, even for free.
AgentParadox wrote:This means it won't be allowed on Steam at all, even for free.
AgentParadox wrote:for non-commercial purposes.
AgentParadox wrote:even for free.
I don't think you understand what you're talking about.

AgentParadox wrote:
Ely wrote:The game in alpha version since 2014, now beta is upcoming in september month (Steam), and release at the end of the year.
CB left Alpha a LOOOONG time ago
Development have been started in 2010 and Pre Alpha came out in 2012, then Alpha in 2014, the game is in beta now, because no one take point of made up the final version.
Last edited by Ely on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
- Sector clear!
- There is nowhere'
- It's a valve...

Untitled 2004 Statue isn't SCP-173, it is another SCP just considering to a.m..
- Sector clear!
- There is nowhere'
- It's a valve...

Well, time to act like an average Netflix subscriber and binge watch one of my favorite series "What the fuck are you kids doing on my lawn?" starring Ely as the embodiment of humanity's struggle to find meaning in life, Agent "Snake, what are you doing!? You've changed the future! You've created a time paradox!" Kibymario as That edgy nihilistic kid who's dissatisfied with his philosophy major, and Awesomeguy147 as A fucking weeb that doesn't know where he's taking this introductory paragraph.

[quote="Kirby "Henry" Mario"]Also, Regalis (and 99% of SCP:CB's players)[/quote]

Can't take 99% of 5 people.

[quote="Kirby "I need net neutrality because I forgot to pay the isp bill" Mario"]Again, SCP Containment Breach has been its name since day 1, and if changed would also have a huge negative impact[/quote]

Yeah, name changes to an established property are awkward but if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does Lotims have to refilm cb:run again because the tree didn't fit his artistic vision? (And that should fill the "cb is dead" quota for this post, onto fresher things)

[quote="Kirby "Probably going to hate me after this" Mario"]SCP-682-B: Having a little girl SCP isn't original. It's been done countless times, even if this one is tied to a giant reptile that can adapt to physical trauma, elements and nuclear bombs.[/quote]

Using this criticism isn't original. It's been done countless times, even if this one is tied to a concept for a little girl tied to a giant reptile that can harden in response to physical trauma, YOU CAN'T HURT ME JACK!

[quote="Kirby "The kidnapper from Welcome to the Game is a relatable character, he has hands" Mario"] SCP-682-C: A giant lizard that kills you by falling on you? That isn't SCP material, it might as well be a big fuzzy grizzly bear, should that be the case.[/quote]

The fuck is "SCP material"? It's an anything goes creepypasta site that, as far as scp concepts go, only cares if your writing meets the sites "standards". If a lizard decides to go super mario on your ass, crushing you under its weight while screaming "so long gay bowser", I'm sure among the thousands of scps, worse have flown under the radar. (It is a shitty idea tho)

[quote="Kirby "Can't think of a joke, hey have you seen the new Castlevania series, it's pretty cool" Mario"]SCP-682-E: Having an SCP based off of an urban legend or mythical beast has been done before, and is not new or original, but it could work. However, what you appear to have done is written a description of a generic vampire, which isn't really SCP material, unless some other properties offset it from other vampires. (Also, the word you're looking for is "drain". "Drench" means to-[/quote]

Drench yourself

[quote="Kirby "Drenched" Snake"]Additionally, changing the logo would cause the same negative backlash[/quote]

You know, this seems to be a running theme with alot of your points. You don't really explain what's wrong with the idea in question but rather just point out that "this is gonna cause baaaaaacklash and thats baaaaad". Of course there's going to be backlash, everything gets backlash, heck there's controversy at the scp site over a sexy doorknob, so criticizing something by its ability to receive backlash, rather than criticize any quality of it that would justify said backlash, is really pointless.

[quote="Kirby "Cubes are not a creative shape" Mario"]If 012 were to be changed, it'd have to be under -10 rating on the writing wikia and hated.[/quote]

That's not even how scp site protocols work, that's the protocol for deletion. The scps can be edited as much as the author likes, within reason of course, and while changing 012 to a music box would be unconventional and extreme (still a shitty idea by the way, but I'm pretty sure that's the point (Hats off to Ely by the way, you smart, you a meme, I appreciate that)), if it's still essentially the same object then I don't recall much of any guidelines that really straight up stops them from doing so.

[quote="Kirby "WidthxLengthxHeight" Mario"]Anyways, judging by your account age, you barged into the fourms since you either: already hate the game
OR
Are a troll.
I bid you adieu, sir![/quote]

So a.)He's suggesting additions to the game and his account is new so he hates the game, sure, no conclusion jumping at all.
b.) You admit that he's achieved his goal in wasting your time, but you point it out after wasting your time so that makes you the cool person in this situation. Congratulations, you are winner.

[quote="Kirby "Too much like Syphen" Mario"]I don't want to backseat moderate, but I'm sure the advisory against double and triple posting in a row still is in effect.[/quote]

You know, this is honestly a minor thing to go after but I don't mind going after minor things. This whole "I don't want to do the thing that I'm doing right now" thing is an obvious lie meant to damage control performing the action. If you're going to do something, the least you can do is own up to it when you're doing the action instead of this wishy washy "But it's not like I actually want to backseat moderate, b-baka" bullshit.

[quote="Kirby "Name is not important" Mario"]The creator of the Untitled 2004 statue allowed the SCP Foundation to use the statue's likeness for SCP-173, for non-commercial purposes. This means it won't be allowed on Steam at all, even for free[/quote]
Spoiler
The internet is a really good resource, people should use it more often.
So now we're caught up on the adventures of kirbymario and his friends, kirbysmarios. Overall I'd say the plot was weird, the characters were annoying, especially awesomeguy, and while the show's themes of how a persons actions are shaped by the fear of backlash could have been portrayed cleverly through its multiple bdsm scenes, the portrayal of the themes were overall just poorly executed. The boob physics were amazing tho, 10/10 really hyped for season 2.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:-snip-
Of course, of course, what would you care?

Anyway, back to the OP. The point I should have made is that Barotrauma isn't SCP Containment Breach, and you seem to not listen to anything anyone says.

AgentParadox wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:-snip-
-complete dismissal of everything I said-

Anyway, back to the OP. The point I should have made is that Barotrauma isn't SCP Containment Breach, and you seem to not listen to anything anyone says.
hahaha, that's a funny meme haha
Spoiler
[youtube]Xc0EzLc7NZg[/youtube]