Edit or open the save.txt file correctly?

So, I've tried to open the save.txt file, because I wanted to find the keycodes :)

The only one I found is the keycode for the veryfineradio, like you know the... code for dr. maynards office? I guess.

But I want to know the other code that is on the SCP-372 document, like where is that saved, and where are the other saved at? I've tried to open the save.txt file with Notepad++ and put hexeditor on it but it didn't tell me anything. How can I open the save.txt file? Like what methods will tell me how to open it. I want to know it so I can learn like more coding and stuff?

Can someone tell me, please?

Re: Edit or open the save.txt file correctly?

karl-police wrote:So, I've tried to open the save.txt file, because I wanted to find the keycodes :)

The only one I found is the keycode for the veryfineradio, like you know the... code for dr. maynards office? I guess.

But I want to know the other code that is on the SCP-372 document, like where is that saved, and where are the other saved at? I've tried to open the save.txt file with Notepad++ and put hexeditor on it but it didn't tell me anything. How can I open the save.txt file? Like what methods will tell me how to open it. I want to know it so I can learn like more coding and stuff?

I made some research and found out that the code written in SCP-372's file is actually not saved in any way by the game, instead it gets calculated using Dr. Maynards office code.

This is the calculation written in the code for it:

Code: Select all

temp = ((Int(AccessCode)*3) Mod 10000)
If temp < 1000 Then temp = temp+1000
This means it gets the value of the access code and multiplies it by 3, then it uses "Mod 10000" in order to make the number not over 9999. The last step is to check if the number is smaller than 1000 (as 1000 is supposed to be the minimum) and if it is, then it adds 1000 to that number.

Some examples:
  • 2451 ---> 7353
  • 5414 ---> 6242
  • 9554 ---> 8662
  • 1321 ---> 3963
The number 5414 goes to 6242 because 5414*3 is 16242 and Mod basically removes the "1" in front of it (it removes the front number only if the value is 10000 or more).
Or 9554 goes to 8662 because 9554*3 = 28662 and Mod 10000 removes the 2 in front of it.

The numbers in the list above are just some random examples, as there are a lot of possible codes for Dr. Maynards office (and thus for the other code written in the SCP-372 document as well).

Hope I could help out a bit with it :D

PXLSHN wrote:
karl-police wrote:So, I've tried to open the save.txt file, because I wanted to find the keycodes :)

I made some research and found out that the code written in SCP-372's file is actually not saved in any way by the game, instead it gets calculated using Dr. Maynards office code.

This is the calculation written in the code for it:

temp = ((Int(AccessCode)*3) Mod 10000)
If temp < 1000 Then temp = temp+1000
This means it gets the value of the access code and multiplies it by 3, then it uses "Mod 10000" in order to make the number not over 9999. The last step is to check if the number is smaller than 1000 (as 1000 is supposed to be the minimum) and if it is, then it adds 1000 to that number.

Some examples:
  • 2451 ---> 7353
  • 5414 ---> 6242
  • 9554 ---> 8662
  • 1321 ---> 3963
The number 5414 goes to 6242 because 5414*3 is 16242 and Mod basically removes the "1" in front of it (it removes the front number only if the value is 10000 or more).
Or 9554 goes to 8662 because 9554*3 = 28662 and Mod 10000 removes the 2 in front of it.

The numbers in the list above are just some random examples, as there are a lot of possible codes for Dr. Maynards office (and thus for the other code written in the SCP-372 document as well).

Hope I could help out a bit with it :D

thank you, very nice, but what does Mod mean? I've read what you said, that it removes the one infront of it when the value is higher than 10000 but, what does Mod stand for?

karl-police wrote: thank you, very nice, but what does Mod mean? I've read what you said, that it removes the one infront of it when the value is higher than 10000 but, what does Mod stand for?
It's kinda hard to explain.
It is a command which returns the rest of an division.
Examples:

3 Mod 2 = 1
As dividing 3 with 2 gives a rest of 1

10 Mod 8 = 2
As dividing 10 with 8 gives a rest of 2

5 Mod 5 = 0
As 5/5 = 1 and the rest is 0

31 Mod 3 = 1
As if you divide 31 with 3, you would first get 10, and a rest of 1.

Here's what my IDEal editor says about this command:

Mod

Parameters:
None  

Description:
Basically, this will divide your number as many times as possible by the divisor, then return you the remaining amount.  

Example:
; MOD Example 

; Divide 10 by 3 until you reach a point that you can't ; Then print the remaining value - in this case, 1 Print 10 MOD 3  

PXLSHN wrote:
karl-police wrote: thank you, very nice, but what does Mod mean? I've read what you said, that it removes the one infront of it when the value is higher than 10000 but, what does Mod stand for?
It's kinda hard to explain.
It is a command which returns the rest of an division.
Examples:

3 Mod 2 = 1
As dividing 3 with 2 gives a rest of 1

10 Mod 8 = 2
As dividing 10 with 8 gives a rest of 2

5 Mod 5 = 0
As 5/5 = 1 and the rest is 0

31 Mod 3 = 1
As if you divide 31 with 3, you would first get 10, and a rest of 1.

Here's what my IDEal editor says about this command:

Mod

Parameters:
None  

Description:
Basically, this will divide your number as many times as possible by the divisor, then return you the remaining amount.  

Example:
; MOD Example 

; Divide 10 by 3 until you reach a point that you can't ; Then print the remaining value - in this case, 1 Print 10 MOD 3  
Whats about the other codes on the game?

karl-police wrote: wait, all these codes are the same like... that, so I've looked it up in the source files too. Like that how to find out the code for hcz?
Which one do you mean?
The code for the maintenance tunnels is written on SCP-372's document.
There are also a few keypads with innacessible codes such as the keypad to Dr. Gears office or the doors to SCP-860's testing room. Those usually have the codes "ABCD" or "GEAR" which cannot be typed by the keypad at all.