A Good Way To Put SCP-682 Into The Game.

Smaster posted that YouTube video a day or two ago, and this made me think of a way 682 could be in the game.
Basically, SCP-682 is inside of it's chamber, swimming in acid and mumbling to himself about how sucky his life is in there, and when you come in, he starts to try to break out like in the audio. When he breaks out through the giant door inside of his chamber, the acid will pour out with him, letting you pass through. You must go quickly though because the chamber will be really unstable and might collapse. Does anyone like this idea? It would be cool to see.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

Re: A Good Way To Put SCP-682 Into The Game.

I'd assume 682'd be out of his chamber, since there's already audio for him attacking people about the facility.

I had an idea way back (some guy on the other forum posted a very similar idea) where you encounter 682 right outside the chamberlock sets outsite its containment chamber, and it chases you towards it. You'd have to close the several blast doors on the way, each blocking him more, until you get to the doors to his room. You'd escape through a door to his containment cell, which would lead to another room.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:I'd assume 682'd be out of his chamber, since there's already audio for him attacking people about the facility.

I had an idea way back (some guy on the other forum posted a very similar idea) where you encounter 682 right outside the chamberlock sets outsite its containment chamber, and it chases you towards it. You'd have to close the several blast doors on the way, each blocking him more, until you get to the doors to his room. You'd escape through a door to his containment cell, which would lead to another room.
Maybe the attack sounds wouldn't play until he escaped? That would work.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

I kind of like this actually.

It could be something like this: The player finds a very large blast door blocking his/her way (Let us assume, since the map is randomly generated, that this is the only path forward for the player.) The player would then have to enter a pass code or use an Omni-card to enter. The player would then see a series of locking mechanisms disengaging, afterwards the doors finally open. The player walks into a very large open room, above are Catwalks and control rooms protected by re-enforced walls, the player would see a large vat a short distance away, and a series of lights will turn on above and below (as in lights built into the floor) to illuminate the entire area (Due to the AI, to show the player what he/she is up against.)

As the player approaches the vat they would hear 682 gurgle and taunt the player, perhaps even making fun of him/her on their encounters with various SCP's (Depending on which ones the players had encountered.) the player would then see 682's skull press against the vat, looking at the player (slowly, not a jump type of thing). After a few more lines the AI would announce that he was able to disengage some of the security measures for 682, 682 would then laugh and claim that he could have gotten out anyway, he then would begin to thrash about, eventually shattering the vat, swinging his none-disintegrated limbs all around, smashing the lights, causing some to stop working or flicker violently. The acid would then spill all over various parts of the room, and combined with his thrashing would create cracks in the ground. At this point 682 would begin to violently regenerate, and the player would have to basically run through a debris filled obstacle coarse to reach a hole in a wall. (Since it's a randomly generated map, the hole could be anywhere.)

I think this could really unnerve the player since the lights would be flickering rapidly, various parts of the walls and floors would be collapsing all around, and the size of 682 combined with his very violent thrashing, regeneration, and screams/roars could really cause panic.

When I imagine the regeneration part I think of the Hunter from Dead Space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XjBVdi_BgQ

And referring to the whole hearing him through the radio: Perhaps if the player doesn't visit his room in a certain amount of time they would hear the sounds on the radio, but if they do find his room, they would find it in a completely destroyed state.

I am very, very wary of any attempt to place SCP-682 into that game that does not involve it killing the player near instantly. While I am fine with a chase sequence for example, in a situation that makes sense, I should stress that this creature can and does easily break through anything in its way. So a hole in the wall is not going to deter it.

In fact even a very reinforced door is not going to stop it, which is why I would see SCP-682 being a creature the player may encounter near the end of the game.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Jellycog wrote:Hmm, I don't really like 682, he is a bit "OP". Some sort of dinosaur that destroys everything and can't die? Meh.

Let's keep with the SCP's that are interesting and SCARY. The scary SCPs are the ones that are supernatural, but not A SUPAH BESTEST AWESOME MONSTAR THAT BREAKS STUFFS AND CANT DIE!
I in part agree with this, cool monsters aren't scary. But It's fucking scary to hear a big monster roaring. Think about Resident Evil 1, when you see the Tyrant. Or this (hear the "roars"): http://youtu.be/rBnQnA2qRr0?t=7m21s
So in my opinion 682 should be added, but not for a long, only sporadically and very little.
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

A Hideous Beast wrote:I kind of like this actually.

It could be something like this: The player finds a very large blast door blocking his/her way (Let us assume, since the map is randomly generated, that this is the only path forward for the player.) The player would then have to enter a pass code or use an Omni-card to enter. The player would then see a series of locking mechanisms disengaging, afterwards the doors finally open. The player walks into a very large open room, above are Catwalks and control rooms protected by re-enforced walls, the player would see a large vat a short distance away, and a series of lights will turn on above and below (as in lights built into the floor) to illuminate the entire area (Due to the AI, to show the player what he/she is up against.)

As the player approaches the vat they would hear 682 gurgle and taunt the player, perhaps even making fun of him/her on their encounters with various SCP's (Depending on which ones the players had encountered.) the player would then see 682's skull press against the vat, looking at the player (slowly, not a jump type of thing). After a few more lines the AI would announce that he was able to disengage some of the security measures for 682, 682 would then laugh and claim that he could have gotten out anyway, he then would begin to thrash about, eventually shattering the vat, swinging his none-disintegrated limbs all around, smashing the lights, causing some to stop working or flicker violently. The acid would then spill all over various parts of the room, and combined with his thrashing would create cracks in the ground. At this point 682 would begin to violently regenerate, and the player would have to basically run through a debris filled obstacle coarse to reach a hole in a wall. (Since it's a randomly generated map, the hole could be anywhere.)

I think this could really unnerve the player since the lights would be flickering rapidly, various parts of the walls and floors would be collapsing all around, and the size of 682 combined with his very violent thrashing, regeneration, and screams/roars could really cause panic.

When I imagine the regeneration part I think of the Hunter from Dead Space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XjBVdi_BgQ

And referring to the whole hearing him through the radio: Perhaps if the player doesn't visit his room in a certain amount of time they would hear the sounds on the radio, but if they do find his room, they would find it in a completely destroyed state.
This is totally a great idea +1
Do implement Hideous Beast's idea
Endermans are always my friend(Despite the fact they are hostile)
Wear a pumpkin

Steelpoint wrote:I am very, very wary of any attempt to place SCP-682 into that game that does not involve it killing the player near instantly. While I am fine with a chase sequence for example, in a situation that makes sense, I should stress that this creature can and does easily break through anything in its way. So a hole in the wall is not going to deter it.

In fact even a very reinforced door is not going to stop it, which is why I would see SCP-682 being a creature the player may encounter near the end of the game.
It wouldn't really end there, that was just a suggestion on a way to get out of the unstable room.