SCP-895

As of right now, there is absolutely no reason to go to 895's room. The risk is not proportional to the reward.

There needs to be an incentive to go inside, like a high level keycard or a helpful SCP.

However, the player should also have to be challenged. There should be a back corridor/maze with a bunch of monitors hooked up to the feed. The player must avoid looking at the monitors to get at the room. The monitors should be spread out on the ground, walls, and ceiling, so the player is on edge the whole time.

Thoughts/ideas/concerns?
"... your rubber ducky has also gone AWOL, captain."

Re: SCP-895

Not every SCP in the game has to serve as a primary/core part of the needed gameplay experience. 895 itself was added to help add to the atmosphere and mystery; technically it can also be a slight safe point/hiding place from other SCP's or the MTF down the road, but I think there will be a lot of SCP's that are extra's and part of people to recognize if they've read the article on the wiki before.

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Ketercheat wrote:The monitors should be spread out on the ground, walls, and ceiling, so the player is on edge the whole time.
The hell was the foundation thinking?
Dr. Bright made it......Don't ask questions....
My name is John...Yes you can call me that...Yes it's a bland name, but it gets the job done.
I Warhammer 40K harder than you.

UnbeknownstWatcher wrote:In another thread about this...there was an idea that SCP-079 would reroute other monitors to display SCP-895's monitor all around the facility, which is a perfectly fine idea.
Perhaps, this'd be pivotal in rooms, like the lockroom to be prevented. I think in the small control room atop the stairs in 895's chamber, there should be a CCTV camera feed emergency shut-down switch, effectively turning off all the cameras in the room.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Perhaps, this'd be pivotal in rooms, like the lockroom to be prevented. I think in the small control room atop the stairs in 895's chamber, there should be a CCTV camera feed emergency shut-down switch, effectively turning off all the cameras in the room.
It would make the player uneasy to watch video feeds- and in the lockroom to always be on their toes if the feed gets blocked out or turned off. Of course, while it is on, bonus points to see an MTF accidentally get the effects of SCP-895 from looking at one of the common monitors.

UnbeknownstWatcher wrote:In another thread about this...there was an idea that SCP-079 would reroute other monitors to display SCP-895's monitor all around the facility, which is a perfectly fine idea.
maybe the feed wouldn't have the same results as the one in the chamber, as those monitors are not in close proximity to SCP-895...
I think
All this scratchin' is makin' me rich!

Roller6902 wrote:
maybe the feed wouldn't have the same results as the one in the chamber, as those monitors are not in close proximity to SCP-895...
I think
it would be some more subtle illusions. like on the live feed from the wiki page. they wouldn't kill you, but it is a nice freakout and mess up the lockroom. also, we need more chat screens :)
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Roller6902 wrote: maybe the feed wouldn't have the same results as the one in the chamber, as those monitors are not in close proximity to SCP-895...
I think
That is true, however I don't think it's perhaps the monitor that is being directly affected. I think it may infact be the camera that is in SCP-895's chamber that causes the effects, meaning if that feed is streamlined you do get those same effects. If difficulty is a rising issue (lol) viewing the new changed monitors should just give those silly adverse effects like dizzyness, hallucinations, and paranoia :mrgreen: