[SPOILER ALERT] What is your opinion of the new 1.3.10 update?

Noticing that discussion threads about an update are rare after release, I have decided to start this thread, so that users can share their opinion of the new update, so feel free to post your thoughts regarding 1.3.10 here.

Personally, I think that the update was well-made like always, in particular the SCP-049 extension, which in my opinion is just gorgeous. (I haven't really understood yet on how to trigger the new 1499 event yet, which is also very cool to have, since it adds depth to the SCP object,)
The only criticism that I personally have to give is that SCP-178 got removed. (Yes, it may not have been the most useful SCP, but it was kinda cool nonetheless, definitely better than SCP-1074)
But SCP-427 is pretty neat to have nonetheless, at least it gives us something new.
However, the removal of SCP-178 doesn't ruin a otherwise great update in my opinion. (I understand that it is hard to find uses for such an SCP, but perhaps it could have been moved into the room with the containment chambers of 500 and 1499, since in the Nine-Tailed Fox mod, the room also contains three SCP chambers.)
So I'd like to thank everyone involved (Regalis, ENDSHN and Vane Brain in particular) for giving us this new update, over 6 years after the first release, which is quite a long time for a freeware game.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] What is your opinion of the new 1.3.10 update?

AveryLP wrote:Noticing that discussion threads about an update are rare after release, I have decided to start this thread, so that users can share their opinion of the new update, so feel free to post your thoughts regarding 1.3.10 here.

Personally, I think that the update was well-made like always, in particular the SCP-049 extension, which in my opinion is just gorgeous. (I haven't really understood yet on how to trigger the new 1499 event yet, which is also very cool to have, since it adds depth to the SCP object,)
The only criticism that I personally have to give is that SCP-178 got removed. (Yes, it may not have been the most useful SCP, but it was kinda cool nonetheless, definitely better than SCP-1074)
But SCP-427 is pretty neat to have nonetheless, at least it gives us something new.
However, the removal of SCP-178 doesn't ruin a otherwise great update in my opinion. (I understand that it is hard to find uses for such an SCP, but perhaps it could have been moved into the room with the containment chambers of 500 and 1499, since in the Nine-Tailed Fox mod, the room also contains three SCP chambers.)
So I'd like to thank everyone involved (Regalis, ENDSHN and Vane Brain in particular) for giving us this new update, over 6 years after the first release, which is quite a long time for a freeware game.
I personally think they made the 049 room a tad too dark. I think the player should be able to at least barely make out the hallways.
http://droptherapy.weebly.com/ my website
i've only been playing SCPCB since 0.8.2, but i have still seen huge improvements. :P

DropTherapy wrote:
AveryLP wrote:Noticing that discussion threads about an update are rare after release, I have decided to start this thread, so that users can share their opinion of the new update, so feel free to post your thoughts regarding 1.3.10 here.

I personally think they made the 049 room a tad too dark. I think the player should be able to at least barely make out the hallways.
Well, it gives the night vision goggles a good use asides from seeing SCP-966 instances.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:
DropTherapy wrote:

Well, it gives the night vision goggles a good use asides from seeing SCP-966 instances.

I AM A DUMBASS. I TOTALLY FORGOT THOSE EXISTED BECAUSE I DON'T USUALLY CARE ABOUT SCP 966.
http://droptherapy.weebly.com/ my website
i've only been playing SCPCB since 0.8.2, but i have still seen huge improvements. :P