[HELP] I'm confused with the launcher and updating, please help [HELP]

So, I'm new here, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

When I try updating to 1.3.10, or any version at all, it does exactly that. But when I exit the launcher and reopen it again, it searches for updates and brings up the update i just downloaded.

Also, when i uncheck the box were it says check for updates when opening launcher, after opening the launcher again it checks for updates anyways and the box is checked again.

Can someone tell me what's going on please?

Note: I am using steam as a shortcut for this game, so I don't know if maybe that's affecting it.

Re: [HELP] I'm confused with the launcher and updating, please help [HELP]

FuelSauce wrote:So, I'm new here, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

When I try updating to 1.3.10, or any version at all, it does exactly that. But when I exit the launcher and reopen it again, it searches for updates and brings up the update i just downloaded.

Also, when i uncheck the box were it says check for updates when opening launcher, after opening the launcher again it checks for updates anyways and the box is checked again.

Can someone tell me what's going on please?

Note: I am using steam as a shortcut for this game, so I don't know if maybe that's affecting it.
Just use older SCP CB version that you have. Launch the game, wait for it to download and extract things. Then it closes old version and opens new one. You should probably have new versio downloaded and installed. Look for SCP CB exe with "v1.3.10 at the end"