About the Engine change...

How graphically intensive do you think it's going to be? I like how well-optimized the new update is, and I don't want to see that go. I honestly would be protesting against the engine change because of this, but the current engine is so freaking old and dead that I can see why they would want to change it.
http://droptherapy.weebly.com/ my website
i've only been playing SCPCB since 0.8.2, but i have still seen huge improvements. :P

Re: About the Engine change...

Well 1.3.10 uses a hardware hack to let the game use a lot more VRAM on x64 platforms. Since the engine update will allow for 64-bit executables this addon is rendered useless.

With that in mind, the game should actually be able to run well without the hardware hack even on its current engine, but I guess that's what the rewrite's for.

CommanderMark wrote:Well 1.3.10 uses a hardware hack to let the game use a lot more VRAM on x64 platforms. Since the engine update will allow for 64-bit executables this addon is rendered useless.

With that in mind, the game should actually be able to run well without the hardware hack even on its current engine, but I guess that's what the rewrite's for.
I don't think you understand how bad my computer is. I don't even have a graphics card, and I have a mini tower. I would basically need to buy a 1-fan GPU and a better power supply to make the computer even decent.
i've only been playing SCPCB since 0.8.2, but i have still seen huge improvements. :P

DropTherapy wrote:I don't think you understand how bad my computer is. I don't even have a graphics card, and I have a mini tower. I would basically need to buy a 1-fan GPU and a better power supply to make the computer even decent.
As previously mentioned, the benefits of the hardware hack are going to be negated by the move to a 64-bit executable. As in, rather than hacking a 32-bit app to use the same amount of memory as a 64-bit app, it's just going to be 64-bit to begin with.

To put it more simply, the hack's benefits would already be part of the app, except it wouldn't be a hack anymore.

CommanderMark wrote:
DropTherapy wrote:I don't think you understand how bad my computer is. I don't even have a graphics card, and I have a mini tower. I would basically need to buy a 1-fan GPU and a better power supply to make the computer even decent.
As previously mentioned, the benefits of the hardware hack are going to be negated by the move to a 64-bit executable. As in, rather than hacking a 32-bit app to use the same amount of memory as a 64-bit app, it's just going to be 64-bit to begin with.

To put it more simply, the hack's benefits would already be part of the app, except it wouldn't be a hack anymore.
Ok, I was just worried about how if the graphics of the game were to be improved with the new engine than would my computer have a 60% chance of bursting into flames.