Re: The New Suggestions Thread

well I really hope that either 080 Dark Form, 650 Startling Statue, or 280 Eyes In The Dark get added. All of them would make great additions to the game. I also really think that 1021-1 would be good way to add a new ending to the game.

I PMed Regalis a few days ago asking for feedback but he still has not replied yet. Do you know if he is really busy right now or something?
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

So I had a suggestion that I made, but I forgot where I posted it! I don't even know if I really posted it.

It involves SCP-1048. It's an easter egg SCP right now. You can only see it in the Large Testing Chamber and checkpoint rooms. It's a really fun and cool easter egg, but it got my brain working. This easter egg could be used to make this game much scarier and nerve-racking. SCP-1048 isn't really all that scary to be honest. In game it's clearly breached containment. It's walking around doing what it is it does. It usually looks very endearing and safe.

Okay, so you see it in the heavy containment chamber right? I thought of something. After you spot it in the heavy containment checkpoint the other instances of SCP-1048 appear (SCP-1048-A, B, and C). Well not the exact things but things very similar. One would be made of knives (C analogue.), one of ears (A analogue) and all those things. Both of these instances would be free roaming and would attack the Player on sight. SCP-1048-C (Knife) would kill you on one hit and would be about as fast as walking. It could open doors too. It's a guardian of sorts. SCP-1048-A would be free roaming too. You would need to lose it as well. It would try to blow your ears out. It would not kill you instantly though. It could open doors and would be about as fast as walking too.

Just let me know what you think. Those are all my suggestions! :035:
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

I've noticed that there used to be a lot of complaints about the brightness, camera fog etc. Why don't you put a camera fog editor option in the options menu along with a brightness setting. Also, you could make it to were the camera fog has three different settings: Far, near, and close. These things would be useful as we we would no longer have to open the console to change these settings. You could also put in a image system to show the effects of your choices by setting up some slides to show how the in-game result would look.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

SCP Number: 912
SCP Nickname: Autonomous SWAT Armor
Ingame mechanics: Like in the document. I imagine it to be like this:
- You can find SCP-912's containment chamber and a police uniform (either somewhere else or in a sideroom of the containment chamber). If you encounter it, the containment chamber is locked and has to be opened, so this is an optional encounter.
- Having no uniform will make SCP-912 come for you to "arrest" you which may either result in limited movement or just death (because you resisted and it hit you 'too' hard).
- If you wear a police uniform SCP-912 will initially ignore you, except if you touch it (resulting in death).
- When you wear a police uniform and there is some other hostile SCP or MTF, SCP-912 will engage these, though being unsuccessful in restraining SCPs (May make SCP-106 disappear, but SCP-912 will disappear aswell and is gone for good for the rest of the game; It may be able to keep SCP-173 from moving while you are around but it will be absolutely incapable of stopping SCP-096 in any way).
- When encountering MTFs, SCP-912 will engage them, resulting in MTFs running away

Artwork/Models (optional): Sadly I cannot provide a model, as I am no modeler, but it could be worked off the current guard model, with visible arms and legs missing and just floating helmet, vest, a baton and boots for example.

What I would like to see in the future is more angled geometry in the rooms and having rooms that can rotate in all 8 directions instead of the standard cardinal 90 degrees. If you look at some levels from FPS games that take place in a base/facility (best example would be Half Life), you'll see what I mean.

legendaryweredragon wrote:well I really hope that either 080 Dark Form, 650 Startling Statue, or 280 Eyes In The Dark get added. All of them would make great additions to the game. I also really think that 1021-1 would be good way to add a new ending to the game.

I PMed Regalis a few days ago asking for feedback but he still has not replied yet. Do you know if he is really busy right now or something?
He is indeed a bit busy right now. But when I talked to him we ended up discussing about 080 as well. He did show interest in it, but said that he doesn't really want to add it because he can't make him shadowy and basically follow the wiki. Regalis really likes respecting the wiki, but he said "While I think 080 might work in the game, it's a bit problematic because light and shadows are such an important part of it. Any dynamic lighting effects are really hard to do without major changes to the way the game handles lighting, and imho leaving out the shadowy appearance and the fact that it disappears when a light enters the room would take out an important part of the SCP". So sorry guys. Unless he changes the whole lighting system, 080 might not appear. I did however suggested him a solution, so I guess we'll see if he uses that or not.