Re: A better model for SCP-178-1

SyphenTV wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote: Anyway, I tested the model out in-game, and there were no lag spikes whatsoever. It's very safe to use.

That depends on what computer you are using, I'm guessing.

If you have a Windows XP that's been used for 9 years, it would probably have some effect.
I use 8.1.
Anyway, the model itself works well enough to be implemented. So my hopes are pretty high.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Kenneth crooker wrote:
Airplane611 wrote:Uhhh.

I don't think...

It pretty much looks like an alien.
So what? It already was inhuman in the first place,
please ignore airplane
their comments can be annoying but just ignore them please, we don't want any more flamewars involving them
Welcome to the Pocket Dimension, may I take your order?

It could definitely use more improvement, but it looks nice.

It's hard to know SCP-178-1s appeareances in the first place since the article does not detail much, but if it's going for 'arthropod' look, maybe you could start by making the body a lot more "segmented" but tighly packed and kinda "swollen", like insects usually do. Pherpaps some color markings lal over their bodies and shapes, It's also missing the extra pair of arms.

My main concern is the lenght of the legs, they seem too short. Here's a few extracts from the SCP Foundation article to give a few ideas.
Subject states it walks using both its legs and upper appendages. Subject equates Entity 2’s gait to that of a gorilla “if someone put its skeleton together wrong”.
That is something that it's probably best to ignore, since there would be the need of new animations if this happened.
Subject 1 states that there is an entity “about a foot” in front of her, and that the entity’s head is “about two feet” taller than her.
This part is specially weird since it's saying that the entity's head is 60 centimeters taller than her, not than her head. It makes it super hard to visualize, i'm supposing she's saying they're plenty taller than a human, hunched over, and with a head about two or three times larger than a human's head; of course we can ignore this and go for the generally-arthropod look, or making them really tall-skinny-ish. Pherpaps similar to a grasshopper? Looking for grasshopper-man in google yielded weird but interesting results.

Try reading the article carefully, it's hard to find details on a 178-1 instance's appareance but they're there and they give a few hints. There's always room for improvement.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:It could definitely use more improvement, but it looks nice.

It's hard to know SCP-178-1s appeareances in the first place since the article does not detail much, but if it's going for 'arthropod' look, maybe you could start by making the body a lot more "segmented" but tighly packed and kinda "swollen", like insects usually do. Pherpaps some color markings lal over their bodies and shapes, It's also missing the extra pair of arms.

My main concern is the lenght of the legs, they seem too short. Here's a few extracts from the SCP Foundation article to give a few ideas.
Subject states it walks using both its legs and upper appendages. Subject equates Entity 2’s gait to that of a gorilla “if someone put its skeleton together wrong”.
That is something that it's probably best to ignore, since there would be the need of new animations if this happened.
Subject 1 states that there is an entity “about a foot” in front of her, and that the entity’s head is “about two feet” taller than her.
This part is specially weird since it's saying that the entity's head is 60 centimeters taller than her, not than her head. It makes it super hard to visualize, i'm supposing she's saying they're plenty taller than a human, hunched over, and with a head about two or three times larger than a human's head; of course we can ignore this and go for the generally-arthropod look, or making them really tall-skinny-ish. Pherpaps similar to a grasshopper? Looking for grasshopper-man in google yielded weird but interesting results.

Try reading the article carefully, it's hard to find details on a 178-1 instance's appareance but they're there and they give a few hints. There's always room for improvement.
Understood. I was trying to add the arthropod-y segmented look to the creature, but it's kinda difficult considering Sculptris' rather rudimentary paint mode.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Kenneth crooker wrote:
Airplane611 wrote:Uhhh.

I don't think...

It pretty much looks like an alien.
So what? It already was inhuman in the first place,

True, It is inhuman, But, I think it needs a little more "texture", and realistic, glossy, features.
I'm a thread of yarn.

Eric? SHE PEES

"Run! Get to Gate-A or B! Try to run without SCP's and MTF's spotting you! Try to get items that help, and escape."