Vents, Sound meter

To add to the stealth aspect to the game, I think if vents were added, you could maybe stand a chance of getting past MTF's.
First of all, they wouldn't be fool proof. I like to think 096 can rip a hole in them and tear you out if he hears you, and Larry can stick his head in while simultaneously snapping your tendon. Also, if you move excessively when an MTF is nearby, they can look up and shoot you in the vent. You would have to be very careful sound wise, which maybe could add a sound mechanic like in DayZ, when you have to go prone to be silent, whereas in this you would have to move slowly if an MTF is nearby to have a smaller chance of being heard. There could be a meter on the side of your screen that goes up and down varying on degree of the sound you make, like an ice density measuring device. That could even be a device you can pick up, and it can be run by batteries.

The vents would be in any random room, and you could jump into them and crawl into other rooms, and above the ceilings.

I don't think 173 would be able to get you partially because he's a statue, partially because it doesn't have super strength, but I don't know, maybe that would be a bit overpowered.

Thoughts?

Re: Vents, Sound meter

I'd love this, and Reg already said 173 uses the vents, you just don't see a lot of vents.

I think it should be kind of like Dead Space, where there were vents in every room, and Necromorphs would travel through them.

173 doesn't have to spawn out of every vent, his spawn rate should be the same as it is now. The vents could actually be used to keep making the player think that 173 could be in there.

You could also have it so that (If 173 is made to actually go in an out of vents.) you could hear him moving around. Would creep the player out, more so if whether or not the game makes it so that there could be a 50/50 chance that 173 will come out of a vent.

Edit: Also, OP, I don't know if you read my suggestion in the SCP suggestion thread, but I proposed 049 (and you should go read what I suggested to understand where I'm going.) a sound meter could also be used to try to avoid him.

This is what I posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-049 The Plague Doctor.

I think that 049 could make a nice little addition to the game, the player could find him in two different situations: 1.) 049 could be operating on a corpse, and once the player enters the room and spots him 049 would get up an proceed to chase the player down. Unlike 096, the player could actually escape 049, this would require the player breaking 049's line of sight on the player by closing doors, and taking different paths through the facility (There would be some sort of chase music that plays and stops when the player has escaped.) After escaping 049 will no longer be in the spot where the player found him, instead he may appear some where else operating on another body, or in situation number 2.

2.) 049 could be walking around calmly, observing his surroundings, the player may enter the same room as 049, but if the player sticks around too long/gets too close then 049 would start starring the player down, and if the player sticks around even longer then 049 would (According to the article he almost never speaks, but he would in game for the purpose of alerting the player.) proclaim something about the player being infected with the Pestilence, and attempt to chase the player.

If the player is touched by 049 they would fall down and die, but perhaps instead of having the usual Game Over screen we would see a lil cinematic (in first person.) of 049 operating on them, the screen would then fade to black (Simulating the passage of time.) and be resurrected, at that point the Game Over screen would then pop up.

And just something I thought of last minute: Perhaps, like 106, if one encounters 049 in a very dark area his Mask could give off a slight glow, to alert the player that he is there since all he wears is Black...and it's hard enough already to see things in the facility (Not to mention it could make the player unease.)

A Hideous Beast wrote:This is what I posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-049 The Plague Doctor.

I think that 049 could make a nice little addition to the game, the player could find him in two different situations: 1.) 049 could be operating on a corpse, and once the player enters the room and spots him 049 would get up an proceed to chase the player down. Unlike 096, the player could actually escape 049, this would require the player breaking 049's line of sight on the player by closing doors, and taking different paths through the facility (There would be some sort of chase music that plays and stops when the player has escaped.) After escaping 049 will no longer be in the spot where the player found him, instead he may appear some where else operating on another body, or in situation number 2.

2.) 049 could be walking around calmly, observing his surroundings, the player may enter the same room as 049, but if the player sticks around too long/gets too close then 049 would start starring the player down, and if the player sticks around even longer then 049 would (According to the article he almost never speaks, but he would in game for the purpose of alerting the player.) proclaim something about the player being infected with the Pestilence, and attempt to chase the player.

If the player is touched by 049 they would fall down and die, but perhaps instead of having the usual Game Over screen we would see a lil cinematic (in first person.) of 049 operating on them, the screen would then fade to black (Simulating the passage of time.) and be resurrected, at that point the Game Over screen would then pop up.

And just something I thought of last minute: Perhaps, like 106, if one encounters 049 in a very dark area his Mask could give off a slight glow, to alert the player that he is there since all he wears is Black...and it's hard enough already to see things in the facility (Not to mention it could make the player unease.)

One: I didn't know you wrote that, it's awesome.

and two, that would actually be pretty creepy. Perhaps you could even hear a slight whisper of him murmuring to himself how he must cure the disease. You could even encounter his Zombie corpses around the facility. It would be funny to see the reaction of someone who's getting the stare down of 49. Maybe we can suggest it to Reg when he comes back from his military service. The updates now are probably just gonna be minor graphical corrections, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

A Hideous Beast wrote:I'd love to have 049 incorporated into the game, right now I'm just drawing up different looks for him, but I doubt Reg would green light it, but still, I'll be posting pictures.
I am in favor of this SCP.
I'm bad at keeping my emotions bubbled and end up being perfect. It would have been trouble.