Loading screens time lapse solution.

Really one of the things that most annoys me are this long , way over the top, Duke Nukem Forever kind of loading screens, I have lately been playing a lot of Bioshock 2, they did a real cool thing, that you can control whether to change or not the tip you where looking at + some nice elevator music, I was wondering if you guys could do that, maybe with the monster's face appearing all over the place randomly, or just showing useful tips a bit more often could make the time lapse feel shorter, because really all that time just for this sort of early coding shouldn't be a huge problem.

Thanks for your understanding.

-CostaRic
Inspiration is our best weapon.

Re: Loading screens time lapse solution.

spartan322 wrote:I think Regalis is more worried about making the actual game, than improving the loading screens.
Part of creating a game is making it enjoyable to every person without regard of their skill level on gaming, quality games like Bioshock and some even older games do this, and if you can make loading and saving a simple task then you are for a DukeNukemForevertastical time giving it a bad reputation as it happened with well... DNF, the point is that the community have given a lot to the game and they could as well help out with the loading screen if they really love this game, and I DO love the concept of the game.

CostaRic wrote:Really one of the things that most annoys me are this long , way over the top, Duke Nukem Forever kind of loading screens, I have lately been playing a lot of Bioshock 2, they did a real cool thing, that you can control whether to change or not the tip you where looking at + some nice elevator music, I was wondering if you guys could do that, maybe with the monster's face appearing all over the place randomly, or just showing useful tips a bit more often could make the time lapse feel shorter.
You lost me. I do like the idea of manually changing the screens, as it does tend to bug me when I get cut-odd mid sentence. But the part with the 'monster' faces occasionally popping up with elevator music sounds incredibly cheesy and not in good taste. The visuals should be subtle enough, we don't need jumpy loading screens before the game starts. And the tips are rather useful, albeit indirect, but they give you more knowledge based off the various SCPs that are in-game.

Oh, and to the comment right above, the loading screens are a community addition, Irontaco came up with the idea in the first place and some members helped out with the text and visuals. I'm pretty sure they've given enough.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
CostaRic wrote:Really one of the things that most annoys me are this long , way over the top, Duke Nukem Forever kind of loading screens, I have lately been playing a lot of Bioshock 2, they did a real cool thing, that you can control whether to change or not the tip you where looking at + some nice elevator music, I was wondering if you guys could do that, maybe with the monster's face appearing all over the place randomly, or just showing useful tips a bit more often could make the time lapse feel shorter.
You lost me. I do like the idea of manually changing the screens, as it does tend to bug me when I get cut-odd mid sentence. But the part with the 'monster' faces occasionally popping up with elevator music sounds incredibly cheesy and not in good taste. The visuals should be subtle enough, we don't need jumpy loading screens before the game starts. And the tips are rather useful, albeit indirect, but they give you more knowledge based off the various SCPs that are in-game.

Oh, and to the comment right above, the loading screens are a community addition, Irontaco came up with the idea in the first place and some members helped out with the text and visuals. I'm pretty sure they've given enough.
You miss understand, what i mean with the loading screen is that the monster (like it happens on the main screen) will pop up occasionally with no sound effect added, so it looks more like a shadow of the monster appearing behind the loading screen, if I am clear enough. But you are right, it might be a bit too much overused since is already in the main screen.