Re: Compatibility with Steam

Regalis wrote:
You know when on steam you just press f5 (or else) and you get an instant screenshot of whatever you where looking at? Well there is a problem in here with this game, is that you can't, you might say is because is a non-steam game, but no you can't even work around it and press Shift+Tab to talk to your buddy.
Or you could just use print screen. :)

Blitz3d has a command for saving screenshots, so adding a feature that lets you save a screenshot just by pushing one button would only take one line of code... I think I'll add it right away.
I see it as an steam user standpoint. To be more comfortable.
Askru wrote:What about to suggest SCP CB to Steam Greenlight? I think it would be popular game.
I bet! But I dont know how to do so... :(

EDIT

Searched on steam, and there minimum fee to add a game on "Steam GreenLight" is 100$(we cana dd as many games as we want though), so guys please click that donate button! XD

Mod Edit: Yet again another double post.
Inspiration is our best weapon.

Not an issue, at all.
I had the same problem and came up with the trick.

First of all, well add the SCP exe to the steam library.
Then the launcher shows up, you run it full screen.
Steam will not work along with the game UNTILL you actually start the level (or load whattever).
It will still not work now. You can't alt-tab, yet.
What do you do now? F12, a couple of times in a row. Wait a couple of seconds and it should "activate" the steam al-tab thing and show you taking the screenshots.

Works for me every time. Soooo try it idk it might function.

mr_rowan13 wrote:Not an issue, at all.
I had the same problem and came up with the trick.

First of all, well add the SCP exe to the steam library.
Then the launcher shows up, you run it full screen.
Steam will not work along with the game UNTILL you actually start the level (or load whattever).
It will still not work now. You can't alt-tab, yet.
What do you do now? F12, a couple of times in a row. Wait a couple of seconds and it should "activate" the steam al-tab thing and show you taking the screenshots.

Works for me every time. Soooo try it idk it might function.
Thank's for your suggestion Rowan, I will try it next time I set up SCP:CB on Steam.

The problem with Greenlight is that SCPCB is a free game. Putting a game on Steam costs money to Valve (bandwidth is not free you know), and they have to get money from somewhere to make up for that. As far as I know, the only free games that have gotten through Greenlight are Black Mesa and Cry of Fear. They both showcase Valve's Source engine and Black Mesa introduces new players to Half-Life and will boost the sales of HL3 for sure (assuming it will ever be released), so it makes sense to put them on Steam even if they're giving them out for free. I can't see how they could benefit from putting SCPCB. So even if I paid the $100 and SCPCB somehow got enough votes (which I doubt), it probably wouldn't make it to Steam.

Regalis wrote:The problem with Greenlight is that SCPCB is a free game. Putting a game on Steam costs money to Valve (bandwidth is not free you know), and they have to get money from somewhere to make up for that. As far as I know, the only free games that have gotten through Greenlight are Black Mesa and Cry of Fear. They both showcase Valve's Source engine and Black Mesa introduces new players to Half-Life and will boost the sales of HL3 for sure (assuming it will ever be released), so it makes sense to put them on Steam even if they're giving them out for free. I can't see how they could benefit from putting SCPCB. So even if I paid the $100 and SCPCB somehow got enough votes (which I doubt), it probably wouldn't make it to Steam.
Have you ever heard about McPixel or they They Bleed Pixels, +all this you already mention.

McPixel, was actually a freeware game on ThePirateBay, but the fans insisted that he should put it in GreenLight and they would be glad to pay anything, he said: "Well, if you guys really like it that much then ill put in there".

Maybe we could charge a minimum of 1$ for each sell and let Steam add the amount they think is considerable in pair with what they offer.

But as I have said before, this is only an idea.

CostaRic wrote:Have you ever heard about McPixel or they They Bleed Pixels, +all this you already mention.

McPixel, was actually a freeware game on ThePirateBay, but the fans insisted that he should put it in GreenLight and they would be glad to pay anything, he said: "Well, if you guys really like it that much then ill put in there".

Maybe we could charge a minimum of 1$ for each sell and let Steam add the amount they think is considerable in pair with what they offer.

Nope, SCPCB will stay free for two reasons:

1. I don't like the thought of making money on someone else's ideas and work.
2. The Foundation wouldn't approve of it. They tend to brew a little shitstorm every time they see someone selling anything SCP-related.

Regalis wrote:
CostaRic wrote:Have you ever heard about McPixel or they They Bleed Pixels, +all this you already mention.

Nope, SCPCB will stay free for two reasons:

1. I don't like the thought of making money on someone else's ideas and work.
2. The Foundation wouldn't approve of it. They tend to brew a little shitstorm every time they see someone selling anything SCP-related.
Well we could keep it free in one website and as an option pay for it on Steam if they want to support the game(as a donation mostly), for all I care you could keep all the money, am interested in this project for the actual experience, so you have no problem with me on that front.