New Intro.

It would be cool if you got a better introduction to the main villain of the game, like you remember on ver0.5.4 you got to see how all hell broke loose, well it would be nice if there was this event but you actually died in it, it would be terrifying looking at the monster kill all your friends and leaving you as the last one just to eat out your brains, then "The player" realizes that you weren't actually playing with your character. This would give a feeling of desperation, and loneliness at the very beginning of the game and still managing to unfold what you are against at, and setting the mood for the rest of the game.

Hope my suggestion is clear enough. :)

-CostaRic

Also this adds into thinking, what is the first reaction for someone who is just a guinea pig into a super secret alien stuff that kills people instantly, being a prisoner I wouldn't follow orders and actually turn around after seeing my comrades get killed by this alien creature.

Even after playing the intro 5 times I STILL get scared with this and turn around, making it a bit frustrating since the save feature is with all respect, utter bullshit.

-CostaRic

Mod Edit: ANOTHER double post.
Inspiration is our best weapon.

Re: New Intro.

The save feature is great, its just that you don't know how to use it.

Changing characters "vision" would make it confusing. And it isn't really nesessary, since you are aware of what 173(the monster) is capable enough. Theres the intercom voice, documents, and you can see him in action.

Also, they are not friends, they are just there because they were chosen so, they probably have never seen each other. They don't care about each other either, since most of them are criminals.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:The save feature is great, its just that you don't know how to use it.

Changing characters "vision" would make it confusing. And it isn't really nesessary, since you are aware of what 173(the monster) is capable enough. Theres the intercom voice, documents, and you can see him in action.

Also, they are not friends, they are just there because they were chosen so, they probably have never seen each other. They don't care about each other either, since most of them are criminals.
Is not changing the vision, is a adding a visual effect to understand that you are touching a wall since you gotta watch the monster at all times(therefore you cant rely on your eyes but on your other senses) and the only sense that is missing is ductility.

spartan322 wrote:It would be more annoying than useful.

You already know when you are touching a wall. If you are walking in one direction, and you don't move, then you are touching a wall.
Why not have a customization option to be able to disable it, for those like you that doesn't like it? And this isn't about the ductile feature, and not to be mean or anything but this post is about the actual intro to the game if you haven't noticed.

I mean, the game is in VEEEEERY early beta, to say it couldn't happen.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:... alpha.... it is in alpha. you don't even know what you are talking about do you.
If you mean that I don't know the correct term, you are right, thanks for correcting me. :)