A Texture Thread?

I have been browsing the forum for a while and I could not find any Recent threads dedicated just to textures.
I was wondering if they are just thrown into modelling threads not discussed much, but to me textures make half a game and think they should have a thread dedicated to making and finding and using and what not. :P

Re: A Texture Thread?

Hmm, I don't exactly see why not, the texture work in the game IS rather important, but I don't exactly see what collaboration will be made with texture-based work, seeing as how Regalis does about all of the work himself.

Also, if Regalis does check this thread, I made a modified texture for 106 a while back, which actually gives him eyes, and makes him slightly more accurate to the original image on the wiki. It also makes his jacket look actually like a jacket, and less like suspenders.

http://i.imgur.com/GojwMdH.jpg

Screenshot:
Spoiler
It slep time bunner.

Oh man! Omniary! That texture is so much better than the current one as it looks so much mmore like the original picture on the wiki.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

Juicy wrote:I don't like the contrast between his head and his body
Yeah, I'll have to agree there. The head and the body are definitely a different shade, mainly because the head uses the original pictures face, and the rest of the texture is custom made. I also need to fix the editing on the brow, it's rather distorted.

As for 106's 'greasy' skin, I don't believe that effect would be achieved with bump-mapping (the grease doesn't really have a texture to it, more like a shine), probably specular lighting though, like how 173 has. However, I can't really do anything for that, since I have no experience in either.
It slep time bunner.

NotoriousPyro wrote:Haven't been able to make a thread, so I guess I'll post this here.

I decided to texture a keypad. Hope you guys like!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/248 ... keypad.png
It looks nice, but I think it stands out too much in the facility - maybe tone down the bright colors? Also, instead of having SCP emblazoned in text i prefer a logo there instead :P
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."