Re: Flash light to clear some fog and slow down 106

The flashlight idea is explicitely uncanon. And something that is not neccesary. If I'm honest this sounds like a cheap ass idea in order to make 106 even easier to evade that it is now, which is pretty easy if the games does not glich anything in your way. Also the intensity of light needed to affect 106 are at least 80,000 lumens(said on the contaiment protocols) that's a hundred times the intensity of a 60 watt lightbulb.

Since Regalis stated that the game should be as canon as possible I propose that this idea is discarded and forgotten.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:The flashlight idea is explicitely uncanon. And something that is not neccesary. If I'm honest this sounds like a cheap ass idea in order to make 106 even easier to evade that it is now, which is pretty easy if the games does not glich anything in your way. Also the intensity of light needed to affect 106 are at least 80,000 lumens(said on the contaiment protocols) that's a hundred times the intensity of a 60 watt lightbulb.

Since Regalis stated that the game should be as canon as possible I propose that this idea is discarded and forgotten.
I agree... I still like the engine lightning, it makes the game atmosphere to look creepy. There's no need to have a flashlight in CB, like you said it's too uncanon.

There should be an SCP who has a very bright lightning to affect SCP-106.

Lusor1111 wrote:The flashlight idea is explicitely uncanon. And something that is not neccesary. If I'm honest this sounds like a cheap ass idea in order to make 106 even easier to evade that it is now, which is pretty easy if the games does not glich anything in your way. Also the intensity of light needed to affect 106 are at least 80,000 lumens(said on the contaiment protocols) that's a hundred times the intensity of a 60 watt lightbulb.

What about a semi-working flashlight that doesn't affect 106? While it *might* break atmosphere (depending on the intensity), it also opens up some puzzle opportunities and potential moments of dread when your nice flashlight suddenly dies and you have to find some batteries... but you're not alone.

As for affecting 106, I think that using the flashlight should only piss him off and make him more likely to chase you, if it affects him at all.
My Acting Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TotalBunghole

Killing_You wrote:

What about a semi-working flashlight that doesn't affect 106? While it *might* break atmosphere (depending on the intensity), it also opens up some puzzle opportunities and potential moments of dread when your nice flashlight suddenly dies and you have to find some batteries... but you're not alone.

As for affecting 106, I think that using the flashlight should only piss him off and make him more likely to chase you, if it affects him at all.
Dude, you are KILLING_ME with your ideas.

Yeah, ok. The thing is, if you are going to implement something, make it so that it has all the effects it would have. Making the flashlight not do something without a reason is pretty lame.

Also, Regalis has said that the current engine wouldn't allow him to add a flashlight, so there goes the idea.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-