Re: SCP-173 Concept Art and model.

mr_rowan13 wrote:Ahoy hoy, so I've been off the forums for a while (since you guise moved into the new one), but today I decided to see what is going on around here, since I really enjoy some of the threads launched by some people.

Now I came across this.
I'm sorry, but are you fucking kidding me? Changing SCP 173? This isnt a minor tweak you are suggesting, its a complete change from the original figure.
Fyi, the picture from the SCP 173 article is from an actual existing statue, made by some random artist and photographed from an exposition.
I dont quite understand what you are trying to pull off here, but it doesnt sound good, not one bit. As someone here already commented, you seem to know too little about the SCP universe and you quite frankly seem to not get how "things work". The art you made about it looks good, but its not realistic tking in consideration what 173 actually looks like. This isn't the first dumbass post I've see from you.

I know he looks like a god damn peanut, but its the more terrifying giant peanut I have ever seen. My personal opinion on its looks, its that it just makes him scarier (not the cliché alien/humanoid anorexic sharp teeth or claws kind of thing).

He could be a fucking dildo on the original paper, I would still not support your change idea.
I know what you mean by all this, am still working on how does he works, studying it and see what changes people reactions towards these changes, I want it to be realistic but not a complete change, people have told me this a hundred times, and the only response I can give is that this is not definite and it have been scraped, that's why it is a conceptual art, not final.

What would you suggest me to do? That doesn't changes 173 too much and keeping the fans happy but would appeal for a broader audience aswell?
Inspiration is our best weapon.

Man, as far as art goes, your mind is the limit.
I loved the drawings tbh, but putting it ingame would rape it.

Unless we start calling it KSCP:CP (Kinda'SCP: Containment Breach).
Imaging a guy drawing concept art on Gordon Freeman and going like "oh it would look so much cooler if Freeman was actually alien looking instead of just a person, he still would not speak and use the suit and crowbar, but now he's an alien. Yolo."

CostaRic wrote:What would you suggest me to do? That doesn't changes 173 too much and keeping the fans happy but would appeal for a broader audience aswell?
Leave it the same. What do you mean appeal to broader audiences? If it doesn't appeal to em, screw them, it's unique, there's no point to dilute that characteristic to 'appeal' to more people.
It slep time bunner.

mr_rowan13 wrote:Man, as far as art goes, your mind is the limit.
I loved the drawings tbh, but putting it ingame would rape it.

Unless we start calling it KSCP:CP (Kinda'SCP: Containment Breach).
Imaging a guy drawing concept art on Gordon Freeman and going like "oh it would look so much cooler if Freeman was actually alien looking instead of just a person, he still would not speak and use the suit and crowbar, but now he's an alien. Yolo."
As I said I am trying to keep it the same, that it keeps the fans happy and it looks good, maybe dome hands and feet would work wouldnt it? Would make it look better but dont change it as much, maybe add some floor particles to see from where he have moved in when you blinked would be nice.... hmm
Omniary wrote:
CostaRic wrote:What would you suggest me to do? That doesn't changes 173 too much and keeping the fans happy but would appeal for a broader audience aswell?
Leave it the same. What do you mean appeal to broader audiences? If it doesn't appeal to em, screw them, it's unique, there's no point to dilute that characteristic to 'appeal' to more people.
Ehh, I guess you are right, if it makes you guys happy I will just stop doing this, I have just spent so much effort and work into it, maybe I should just let go.
Last edited by CostaRic on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alright, the above is an example of a double post if you haven't recognized one. Just want you to see it before I revert it. Please try to just edit it.

On topic, I think it'd be best if you could do that, there's always a chance for participation in this game. For example, we have yet to have any D-Class models, the really crappy placeholders are still being used after 5 big updates.
It slep time bunner.

CostaRic, No offense, but I honestly think you're being a dick now. I don't think any of us give a shit if you drop this post or not. But I recommend you just drop the post before you get dropped worse.

Omniary wrote:Alright, the above is an example of a double post if you haven't recognized one. Just want you to see it before I revert it. Please try to just edit it.

On topic, I think it'd be best if you could do that, there's always a chance for participation in this game. For example, we have yet to have any D-Class models, the really crappy placeholders are still being used after 5 big updates.
I have actually thought about the D-Classes for a bit now, seemed like if someone really just screwed the textures, I will try to do a quick fix about that and then I will try to actually talk about actual re-models of the D-Class.

Oh, and about the double post, am sorry, I will just edit it and you can delete the resting one, I am renaming and scraping all my current work and alternating it into something else, I think that would be for the best.

CostaRic wrote:
Omniary wrote:Alright, the above is an example of a double post if you haven't recognized one. Just want you to see it before I revert it. Please try to just edit it.

I have actually thought about the D-Classes for a bit now, seemed like if someone really just screwed the textures, I will try to do a quick fix about that and then I will try to actually talk about actual re-models of the D-Class.

Oh, and about the double post, am sorry, I will just edit it and you can delete the resting one, I am renaming and scraping all my current work and alternating it into something else, I think that would be for the best.
A fix for the current D-Class texture already exists and is known by the community. Making a "new" one would be pointless.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:
CostaRic wrote:

A fix for the current D-Class texture already exists and is known by the community. Making a "new" one would be pointless.
So why isn't it yet implemented into the game or talked about?

Omniary wrote:
That is the Disney way of doing things (I fear for Star Wars 7)