Re: D-9341 memoirs

I'm okay with backstories, if done right. In the case of D-9341 it doesn't look promising. I personally would prefer to come up with D-9341's back story with evidence I collected, not be spoon fed his life. Most fans like to make inferences on topics like these, and the game developers just don't seem to understand that. I suspect we are going to have another instance of Metroid Other M.
The day I quit is tha day I die.

I always that Class-D Personnel will be terminated and replaced with new Class D's every month,so there is no point of having a backstory.
But a backstory for D-9341 is okay though.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

How's it okay? Instead of a bad ass story of being a convict, they chose to make him accept the job without knowing what he was getting into, without a job in the first pace, and without a family. This is just a sad attempt at a backstory.
The day I quit is tha day I die.

I said it is okay in my opinion,but if the backstory for D-9341 is not suitable,then might as well forget about it.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

Brunou8 wrote:
Optimal wrote:I don't think it's a bad idea; it would certainly give me a reason to play keter mode. Hell, any unlock-able extras in the game would make me happy. I never have thought D-9341 being a vessel for the player, I thought I was playing as a criminal with a hidden background, and it certainly didn't take away from the immersion.
The class-D personnel aren't necessary convicts, except in the most extreme cases, but in general the class-D are contracted people.
Isn't it the other way around?

"Class D personnel are recruited from prison inmates. Condemned persons are preferred; in times of duress, Protocol 12 can be authorized, allowing recruitment of innocents or persons incarcerated for lesser crimes."

Unless that is what you're saying and I'm understanding it wrong.

Optimal wrote: Isn't it the other way around?

"Class D personnel are recruited from prison inmates. Condemned persons are preferred; in times of duress, Protocol 12 can be authorized, allowing recruitment of innocents or persons incarcerated for lesser crimes."

Unless that is what you're saying and I'm understanding it wrong.
Oh, it seems that I was mistaken.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest