Re: D-9341 memoirs

Princess Luna wrote:Uh, how come I keep getting ignored?
Sorry, wrong button (post/reply button). However I don't understand what your point is about the topic. Sorry if I didn't explain well, english isn't my first language and I make mistakes very often.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Well, if the class D's are prisoners, then how does this story make sense? D 9341 is a person who just lost his job, and went through a divorce. That doesn't sound like a prisoner to me. Also, he gets an offer for an unknown job and accepts it, without any question as to what the job was.

This doesn't seem that thought out to me.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

Same as before, not all Class-Ds are prisoners, some of them are more innocent people contracted by the foundation. I obviously have to create a better story because I don't think that the SCP Foundation contracts anybody. I don't know, anyway, what I wrote was just an example.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
SCP classified documents
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Wait, you wrote that. I thought that was already in game. Well I'm dumb.
But what I said earlier still applies, stories must be done right or everyone will hate you for it. Look at what happened to Metroid Other M, I personally hate that game even though I am a big Metroid finatic. Nintendo tried to take a game that has no story, and slap some poorly written, non-proof read story in it. Now, there are a plethora of other reasons why I don't like this game, but this is the main one.

My suggestion will be to make him a murderer of some sort that came from a maximum security prison. Think about it, doesn't that sound more epic than a business man who lost his job and went through a divorce? And sometimes less is more. Again, like I said earlier, fans like to infer certain aspects of the character's life. So in this case, maybe you could leave out why he had been placed in a maximun security prison. This way these fans can make their inferances, you get to write story, and everyone is happy happy happy.

Wow! I usually don't write that much in a reply.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

I think you're right, but, you know, the purpose of this topic isn't to add my story but to add a background story to the character regardless who writes it or what is it about. I want him/her to have some kind of epic/tragic story, a story which can surprise the player with lots of plot twists and unsolved misteries, this is a good way to do it in my opinion, that's why I thought I could write it. I want to make the player wonder things like "why did the Class-D do that in the past?" or "what does mean that which the man in black said?".

My idea would cover only the past of the character, but in the "Add more to the story" topic are many good ideas which cover the present time of the game.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
SCP classified documents
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest