Re: [NEW] Improved Suggestions Thread

Omniary wrote:To be honest, I like the format of this thread better. It would be easier for Regalis (if he's alive or anything) to look over these in groups at a time and post his opinions on them in-game.

Should the other thread be locked in favor of this one?
I think this may be a better format, and I admit I wanted this to be the new suggestion thread.
eric

Omniary wrote:To be honest, I like the format of this thread better. It would be easier for Regalis (if he's alive or anything) to look over these in groups at a time and post his opinions on them in-game.

Should the other thread be locked in favor of this one?
Lock it. This thread is soooo much better.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

Can I make a suggestion to improve the server-room Guard event? The Guard should walk into the room from the other door instead of being in the booth. It just seems weird that he wouldn't notice SCP 096 in the same room after (presumably) being there for a while. 096 should be leaning against one of the electric boxes using Night's newer animations. He will then look at the Guard to his side and flip out instead of being angry prematurely as you enter.
When 096 flips out, he ought to accidentally smash the electric boxes with his arms. This will cause a blackout in the room and prevent you from viewing 096 killing the Guard. The blood on the window was a good idea to begin with, but the blood doesn't always cover up what you're not meant to see. Knocking out the lights would be creepier since it adds more mystery to what is happening in the room, whereas having blood on the window allows you to assume what 096 did to the Guard. Remember, we are never allowed to fully understand what 096 does to his victims. We ought to prevent people from making any kind of easy assumption.
When you enter the room, red emergency back-up lights should immediately switch on and illuminate the room moderately, revealing the aftermath of 096's rage more abruptly.

I've probably put this idea forward in the wrong place. Someone direct me to right right thread if so.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:Can I make a suggestion to improve the server-room Guard event? The Guard should walk into the room from the other door instead of being in the booth. It just seems weird that he wouldn't notice SCP 096 in the same room after (presumably) being there for a while. 096 should be leaning against one of the electric boxes using Night's newer animations. He will then look at the Guard to his side and flip out instead of being angry prematurely as you enter.
When 096 flips out, he ought to accidentally smash the electric boxes with his arms. This will cause a blackout in the room and prevent you from viewing 096 killing the Guard. The blood on the window was a good idea to begin with, but the blood doesn't always cover up what you're not meant to see. Knocking out the lights would be creepier since it adds more mystery to what is happening in the room, whereas having blood on the window allows you to assume what 096 did to the Guard. Remember, we are never allowed to fully understand what 096 does to his victims. We ought to prevent people from making any kind of easy assumption.
When you enter the room, red emergency back-up lights should immediately switch on and illuminate the room moderately, revealing the aftermath of 096's rage more abruptly.

I've probably put this idea forward in the wrong place. Someone direct me to right right thread if so.
You put it in the right place. I'll put your suggestion on the front page :)

Edit: Now that the thread has been sticked, should I change the title? And if so, what should the new title be? Just plain "Suggestion Thread" or maybe "Improved Suggestion Thread" or how about "New Suggestion Thread"?
Last edited by OnyxDarkKnight on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agreed on the ideas for the improved 096 event, I also want to suggest more evidence of how 096 got into the room, for example, a crumbled wall like that of 513's room, behind which is a collapsed area, so that our Class D here can't escape easily. Also, I honestly don't know why Regalis did this, but I uploaded the 096 screams separated from the chase music track for a couple of reasons. One of which being this cutscene. Having 096_3 play over 096guard2 really kind of ruins it, I don't see why after separating the music, the screams are still added over the pre-existing screams.

On a side note, stickied this and locked the other thread.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Agreed on the ideas for the improved 096 event, I also want to suggest more evidence of how 096 got into the room, for example, a crumbled wall like that of 513's room, behind which is a collapsed area, so that our Class D here can't escape easily. Also, I honestly don't know why Regalis did this, but I uploaded the 096 screams separated from the chase music track for a couple of reasons. One of which being this cutscene. Having 096_3 play over 096guard2 really kind of ruins it, I don't see why after separating the music, the screams are still added over the pre-existing screams.

On a side note, stickied this and locked the other thread.
Cool idea, I shall add that to the suggestion. Also, now that the other thread has been locked does that mean that I should rename this to just "Suggestion Thread"?

I like this thread.

I'd like to suggest something about SCP-049. 049 looks tad left alone, tbh, as no one suggests anything about him.

But surely when you encounter suddenly 049 coming out of his "room", shouldn't be there any clues or anything? I was thinking, if there could be a dead dissected scientist lying on a surgery bed. But also, 049s "room" should be expanded or more complexed, while he is chasing the D-Class, as you can find any things or clues. There also should be any X-rays of the dead dissected scientist, aswell scalpels, removed organs, etc.

Another SCP to suggest, though:

SCP Number: 408
SCP Nickname: Illusory Butterflies
Ingame mechanics: Can take camouflages of any entity or SCP, scaring the player away.
Artwork/Models:
Spoiler
Last edited by SCP 513 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SCP 513 wrote:I like this thread.

I'd like to suggest something about SCP-049. 049 looks tad left alone, tbh, as no one suggests anything about him.

But surely when you encounter suddenly 049 coming out of his "room", shouldn't be there any clues or anything? I was thinking, if there could be a dead dissected scientist lying on a surgery bed. But also, 049s "room" should be expanded or more complexed, while he is chasing the D-Class, as you can find any things or clues. There also should be any X-rays of the dead dissected scientist, aswell scalpels, removed organs, etc.
Well, there are those 2 dead guards he cured which wake up when you trigger the event.

Re: The New Suggestions Thread

Suggested by TastyRhombus:
- SCP-303: This SCP should be in the game, maybe the entrance zone of the game could have windowed doors.
- SCP-058: (Suggested as Joke SCP) This SCP should be hard to see, and suddenly kill the player, I don't know if this SCP should be in the game.
- SCP-027: (Suggested as Joke SCP) I don't know... maybe a document?
...this feels very misquoted.
Perhaps I'm confused, feel free to explain to me if I don't understand something.
I don't remember suggesting 058 as a joke SCP, unless that was inferred as an added opinion. I remember saying it should be more of an event and a non moving obstacle, if I DID say it was hard to see, well I wouldn't put it past myself to make that mistake, so again correct me if needed.
Heck I don't even remember suggesting 027, I feel as though this is really off.

I still suggest SCP-517
Spoiler
SCP Number:
SCP Nickname: Grammie Knows
Ingame mechanics: Just like in document (Set up to activate if the SCP is activated, then the computer's time reaches 1:43 AM)
Wouldn't be overly hostile, but would make for a rare scare that would probably confuse the hell out of those who don't bother to read the document :wink: