Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

leviwolfe wrote:CP CB for mobile devices it's a great idea! You're genius! It would be nice if the developers took care of both Android and iOS.
Ignoring the fact you re-revived a long-dead thread:

Honestly, even tossing aside my bias against mobile gaming, I think it'd be a terrible idea. Not only is SCP Containment Breach way too large a game for most mobile platforms, the control scheme would require being reworked for a touch screen. Plus, the developers are all busy doing their own thing, and I highly doubt any of them would have any experience in developing for mobile platforms.

Contrary to popular belief, Containment Breach doesn't get regular updates anymore, and this is due to Barotrauma being the top priority, Regalis losing interest in SCP:CB and the game getting way too large to be stable, and it may very well be nearing the end of its development cycle. To rework the game for a mobile system, it would require rewriting the game from the ground up, and porting to a different engine, since as far as I'm aware, Blitz3D is incompatible with mobile systems.

So no, that won't be happening. And as for the number of fans increasing, I highly doubt the SCP Containment Breach fanbase is the mobile gaming type. Due to the limitations of mobile platforms, much of the game would have to be omitted, and if what they got was a bastardised version, there'd be a large backlash.

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Talen wrote:
Talen wrote:I'm not sure if the developers are aware about this, but it seems someone has taken upon the mobile version of SCP: Containment Breach in their own hands. I'll post a link to the page.
Edit: Never mind, I can't post a Link or I just don't know how this forum thing works. Either way devs y'all should look up SCP:cb on Google play. I highly doubt this was made with permission.
As long as it's not being sold for money, I don't see an issue, since 173 (and a couple of other factors) prevent the game from being sold for money.

I also fail to see how SCP:CB would work on Mobile. I doubt this is the first time anyone's attempted a mobile port. They should have really joined the forums and gotten in touch with the devs if they want credibility.