SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

If you have models, sound effects, textures or anything else you would like to be put in the game, post them here. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome.
spartan322
Senior Staff
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Raiding your bacon supplies

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby spartan322 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:51 pm

DeSujestor wrote:I know it's running on Blitz.
Plus, I know what u are going to do with the game on android: Crack it
Done in PC as Blitz. Done in iOS and Android in Unity, UDK, etc.
And if you actually read it, I said a REMAKE. So just make another version of Containment Breach and instead play as someone else in some other part of the facility, probably a scientist, guard, etc.


My point still stands. Why bother with a different game when the current one is not close to being done. Why make Regalis spend time on an app that won't be as popular nor as fun as the current PC game?

SCP:CB is a PC game, it doesn't need to be turned to IOS nor Android.

Also, don't double post. There is an edit button for a reason.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

DeSujestor
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby DeSujestor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:33 pm

spartan322 wrote:
DeSujestor wrote:I know it's running on Blitz.
Plus, I know what u are going to do with the game on android: Crack it
Done in PC as Blitz. Done in iOS and Android in Unity, UDK, etc.
And if you actually read it, I said a REMAKE. So just make another version of Containment Breach and instead play as someone else in some other part of the facility, probably a scientist, guard, etc.


My point still stands. Why bother with a different game when the current one is not close to being done. Why make Regalis spend time on an app that won't be as popular nor as fun as the current PC game?

SCP:CB is a PC game, it doesn't need to be turned to IOS nor Android.

Also, don't double post. There is an edit button for a reason.


Hey, it would be easier to play on android and iOS than PC, because of Portability. I mean, if you want to play on PC, you must go sit somewhere like a cafe and open your laptop or go home and turn on your desktop, while you could just play SCP in your mobile device anywhere. A train station, a waiting room, anything you can think of.
Also, I said in the FUTURE. Not now.
And one of the main ideas of this topic is that because the Mobile version *might* come soon, you might as well start discussing what to put in the game right now.
Any ideas for the game? You know what to do

spartan322
Senior Staff
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Raiding your bacon supplies

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby spartan322 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:00 pm

[quote="DeSujestor"
Hey, it would be easier to play on android and iOS than PC, because of Portability. I mean, if you want to play on PC, you must go sit somewhere like a cafe and open your laptop or go home and turn on your desktop, while you could just play SCP in your mobile device anywhere. A train station, a waiting room, anything you can think of.
Also, I said in the FUTURE. Not now.
And one of the main ideas of this topic is that because the Mobile version *might* come soon, you might as well start discussing what to put in the game right now.
Any ideas for the game? You know what to do[/quote]

No, it wouldn't be easier to play because the controls would be crap. First person perspective games in IOS and Android control like crap. Grabbing items, moving and opening doors at the same time, inventory management, etc... Those are things that are hell when playing in mobile devices.

Also, if you are going in a train or waiting in a room, you don't start playing videogames, but you mess around with phone apps which are more fitting for those situations. I mean, play a horror game in public? Do you want people to look at you weirdly when you scream while playing? I don't think so.

Also, wouldn't be better to discuss what to put in the current game that is being developed rather than in a game that will most likely not be made?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

overlord20011
Class-D
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 am

Re: SCP Сдерживания Нарушение Мобильного?

Postby overlord20011 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:25 pm

scp to make ios please :'(

User avatar
hug0905
Senior Staff
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: SCP Сдерживания Нарушение Мобильного?

Postby hug0905 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 pm

overlord20011 wrote:scp to make ios please :'(

Everyone said no already! Ios is made by apple anyways, maybe microsoft nokia windows 8, but not Apple Ios
It's been almost 5 years since I've been on this site. 5 years after, however, with the forums now semi-dead, I don't have a worth to really come here more often. I'll still be here to post on occasions, but as it stands, I'm not really active here anymore.

overlord20011
Class-D
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 am

Re: SCP Сдерживания Нарушение Мобильного?

Postby overlord20011 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 pm

[quote = "hug0905"] [quote = "overlord 20011"] scp, to make ios, please: '([/ quote]
All told there already! Ios is made by apple, in any case, may be, microsoft, nokia windows 8, but not Apple Ios [/ quote]
what? it does not stop to make a play for apple

User avatar
MonocleBios
MTF
Posts: 615
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby MonocleBios » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:09 pm

DeSujestor wrote:And if you actually read it, I said a REMAKE. So just make another version of Containment Breach and instead play as someone else in some other part of the facility, probably a scientist, guard, etc.

You say that so nonchalantly, I'm almost offended by it. Do you actually understand the amount of fucking work it takes to port this shit? Of course you don't, otherwise you wouldn't tell anyone to do such a thing. I know I've ranted about this a thousand times before, but this is a serious issue with entitlement (usually from children who have no fucking idea what they're talking about) on the internet. What everyone needs to realize is that neither Regalis, nor any of the other developers, are required to do anything for you. This is ultimately Reg's game, not some "everyone's a developer" indie game like everyone seems to think it is. Don't go around posting shit like "Hey I think this should be done for the game, someone go do it for me" because it makes you sound like an untalented asshole. If you want your "ideas" to be taken seriously, quit being lazy and do some fucking work on the damn thing before making the thread, I don't care if it's models, textures, sfx, even logic flow diagrams for the engine would be okay. I know that the ratio of "writers" to people who are capable of working on content for this game is something like 25:1, but could you offer a little bit of respect and try to understand the basics of modelling, sound design, programming, etc. There's too many 5 page papers on why an SCP should be added to the game, when in reality the SCP either can't be implemented due to limitations, or would take a stupid amount of hours to do so.

Quick tangent: Whenever I see someone who classifies themselves as a writer, I usually end up assuming that they're worthless to nearly every project relating to this game. (perhaps for some mods they are useful) It's not that I don't recognize writing as a profession, but for a game of this scale, you need a maximum of 5 non SCP writers, not 100.
M-x dingus-mode

DeSujestor
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby DeSujestor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:24 pm

MonocleBios wrote:
DeSujestor wrote:And if you actually read it, I said a REMAKE. So just make another version of Containment Breach and instead play as someone else in some other part of the facility, probably a scientist, guard, etc.

You say that so nonchalantly, I'm almost offended by it. Do you actually understand the amount of fucking work it takes to port this shit? Of course you don't, otherwise you wouldn't tell anyone to do such a thing. I know I've ranted about this a thousand times before, but this is a serious issue with entitlement (usually from children who have no fucking idea what they're talking about) on the internet. What everyone needs to realize is that neither Regalis, nor any of the other developers, are required to do anything for you. This is ultimately Reg's game, not some "everyone's a developer" indie game like everyone seems to think it is. Don't go around posting shit like "Hey I think this should be done for the game, someone go do it for me" because it makes you sound like an untalented asshole. If you want your "ideas" to be taken seriously, quit being lazy and do some fucking work on the damn thing before making the thread, I don't care if it's models, textures, sfx, even logic flow diagrams for the engine would be okay. I know that the ratio of "writers" to people who are capable of working on content for this game is something like 25:1, but could you offer a little bit of respect and try to understand the basics of modelling, sound design, programming, etc. There's too many 5 page papers on why an SCP should be added to the game, when in reality the SCP either can't be implemented due to limitations, or would take a stupid amount of hours to do so.

Quick tangent: Whenever I see someone who classifies themselves as a writer, I usually end up assuming that they're worthless to nearly every project relating to this game. (perhaps for some mods they are useful) It's not that I don't recognize writing as a profession, but for a game of this scale, you need a maximum of 5 non SCP writers, not 100.


Here is a fact: acting like you are the master of all such people like me won't help at all, unless that person is as, how do you say this, as "mature" as me.
And hey, surprise someone is making a game like containment breach for the Oculus Rift. Very similar. Some even made SCP related games if you haven't noticed.
Oh, and yes, I am a child, if you are curious. Not a teenager or some big tough guy on the internet who just blurts outs and swears in the internet to just enrage the person and be the "boss".
And hey, there is this thing called a "suggestion", sir. It is not always needed to be taken seriously. Who knows someone will come and start making it? It doesn't have to be made by me. If you were actually a "smart" person who isn't fat and doesn't sit down on a chair and just stares on the computer and starts typing swears, you would understand the word, "suggestion".
I don't consider myself a writer. I just suggest ideas.
And anyways, you don't know what SCP is. If you do, just hug SCP-999 .It'll do good help. If you have brain damage of some sort or have anger management problems, just use SCP-427 to heal you. Don't use too much, you will turn yourself to some jelly.
Have a good day.

DeSujestor
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: SCP Сдерживания Нарушение Мобильного?

Postby DeSujestor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm

overlord20011 wrote:[quote = "hug0905"] [quote = "overlord 20011"] scp, to make ios, please: '([/ quote]
All told there already! Ios is made by apple, in any case, may be, microsoft, nokia windows 8, but not Apple Ios [/ quote]
what? it does not stop to make a play for apple


What if someone already has an apple product, but cannot/doesn't need to buy an android because he already has an iPad or something?
This person counts as me.

User avatar
MonocleBios
MTF
Posts: 615
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby MonocleBios » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:07 pm

DeSujestor wrote:Here is a fact: acting like you are the master of all such people like me won't help at all, unless that person is as, how do you say this, as "mature" as me.

I'm not trying to be the master of anything here, just calling you out on your bullshit is all.

DeSujestor wrote:And hey, surprise someone is making a game like containment breach for the Oculus Rift. Very similar. Some even made SCP related games if you haven't noticed.

I'm well aware, but this doesn't change the purpose of what I said.

DeSujestor wrote:Oh, and yes, I am a child, if you are curious. Not a teenager or some big tough guy on the internet who just blurts outs and swears in the internet to just enrage the person and be the "boss".

I'm sorry, I thought you'd be able to handle a little bit of profanity given that you're on a forum for a horror game.

DeSujestor wrote:And hey, there is this thing called a "suggestion", sir. It is not always needed to be taken seriously. Who knows someone will come and start making it? It doesn't have to be made by me. If you were actually a "smart" person who isn't fat and doesn't sit down on a chair and just stares on the computer and starts typing swears, you would understand the word, "suggestion".

I appreciate the insult, but it sounds like you've completely missed my point.

DeSujestor wrote:I don't consider myself a writer. I just suggest ideas.

Pretty much the same thing in this context.

DeSujestor wrote:And anyways, you don't know what SCP is. If you do, just hug SCP-999 .It'll do good help. If you have brain damage of some sort or have anger management problems, just use SCP-427 to heal you. Don't use too much, you will turn yourself to some jelly.
Have a good day.

lolwut?
M-x dingus-mode


Return to “Collaboration”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest