SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

If you have models, sound effects, textures or anything else you would like to be put in the game, post them here. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome.
leviwolfe
Class-D

Re: SCP Containment Breach Mobile?

Postby leviwolfe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:23 pm

CP CB for mobile devices it's a great idea! You're genius! It would be nice if the developers took care of both Android and iOS. The number of fans of the game will increase :laugh:
Pro in app promotion, handsome guy in life 8)

AgentParadox
MTF

Postby AgentParadox » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:11 pm

leviwolfe wrote:CP CB for mobile devices it's a great idea! You're genius! It would be nice if the developers took care of both Android and iOS.

Ignoring the fact you re-revived a long-dead thread:

Honestly, even tossing aside my bias against mobile gaming, I think it'd be a terrible idea. Not only is SCP Containment Breach way too large a game for most mobile platforms, the control scheme would require being reworked for a touch screen. Plus, the developers are all busy doing their own thing, and I highly doubt any of them would have any experience in developing for mobile platforms.

Contrary to popular belief, Containment Breach doesn't get regular updates anymore, and this is due to Barotrauma being the top priority, Regalis losing interest in SCP:CB and the game getting way too large to be stable, and it may very well be nearing the end of its development cycle. To rework the game for a mobile system, it would require rewriting the game from the ground up, and porting to a different engine, since as far as I'm aware, Blitz3D is incompatible with mobile systems.

So no, that won't be happening. And as for the number of fans increasing, I highly doubt the SCP Containment Breach fanbase is the mobile gaming type. Due to the limitations of mobile platforms, much of the game would have to be omitted, and if what they got was a bastardised version, there'd be a large backlash.

Talen
Class-D

Postby Talen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 am

I'm not sure if the developers are aware about this, but it seems someone has taken upon the mobile version of SCP: Containment Breach in their own hands. I'll post a link to the page.

Talen
Class-D

Postby Talen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am

Talen wrote:I'm not sure if the developers are aware about this, but it seems someone has taken upon the mobile version of SCP: Containment Breach in their own hands. I'll post a link to the page.

Edit: Never mind, I can't post a Link or I just don't know how this forum thing works. Either way devs y'all should look up SCP:cb on Google play. I highly doubt this was made with permission.

AgentParadox
MTF

Postby AgentParadox » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Talen wrote:
Talen wrote:I'm not sure if the developers are aware about this, but it seems someone has taken upon the mobile version of SCP: Containment Breach in their own hands. I'll post a link to the page.

Edit: Never mind, I can't post a Link or I just don't know how this forum thing works. Either way devs y'all should look up SCP:cb on Google play. I highly doubt this was made with permission.

As long as it's not being sold for money, I don't see an issue, since 173 (and a couple of other factors) prevent the game from being sold for money.

I also fail to see how SCP:CB would work on Mobile. I doubt this is the first time anyone's attempted a mobile port. They should have really joined the forums and gotten in touch with the devs if they want credibility.

Talen
Class-D

Postby Talen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:35 pm

The game contains ad, correct me if i,'m wrong but doesn't the creator get paid for the ads? If so isn't that in a way making money off the game?

Talen
Class-D

Postby Talen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:37 pm

BTW I absolutely love the gif. On your profile picture XD I have never seen that happen i n Super Mario 64

AgentParadox
MTF

Postby AgentParadox » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Talen wrote:The game contains ad, correct me if i,'m wrong but doesn't the creator get paid for the ads? If so isn't that in a way making money off the game?

It has ads? Then that's not allowed.

Talen
Class-D

Postby Talen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:05 am

Yep, there is even a button on the main menu to get rid of the ads...

Talen
Class-D

Postby Talen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:05 am

Talen wrote:Yep, there is even a button on the main menu to get rid of the ads...

And you have to pay to get rid of the ads

Return to “Collaboration”