Autosave Feature?

I think an autosave feature would be a good addition. How it could work is that if you enter certain rooms then it saves for you. This only happens with checkpoints and really important rooms, since it can trap you in a sticky situation. You could still manually save. Would it be possible to implement?
I'm evil?

Re: Autosave Feature?

SCP-500 wrote:I think it should be an option that can be turned off and on.

Maybe a new difficulty.

Safe - Normal saving
Euclid - Auto-save only.
Keter - No saving
Sounds like a great idea to me. Although there must be some logic behind the autosave feature. I don't think a timed one is what we're looking for. Instead, an autosave each time you make progression in the game sounds better to me. For instance:

-Found a new key card
-Entered Heavy Containment Zone

or even when you've escaped the pocket dimension.
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

But what if you did a horrible mistake e.g. drinking something that will kill you slowly, then you walk into a room where an autosave happens and you die after that??? Your whole save would be fucked up...
General Discussion?... so there once was a Private Discussion! Now tell me, did he ever win any war?... And whothefuck is General Off Topic???

Niborius wrote:
SCP-500 wrote:I think it should be an option that can be turned off and on.

Maybe a new difficulty.

Safe - Normal saving
Euclid - Auto-save only.
Keter - No saving
Sounds like a great idea to me. Although there must be some logic behind the autosave feature. I don't think a timed one is what we're looking for. Instead, an autosave each time you make progression in the game sounds better to me. For instance:

-Found a new key card
-Entered Heavy Containment Zone

or even when you've escaped the pocket dimension.
That sounds like a great way to implement it!
I'm evil?

Same thought... where is the sense in loading your save and dieing the next minute.

I remember I once went through 914 on very fine and saved the game after realizing the topspeed... bad mistake! You know what happened... and now think of an autosave after that or for example after being infected with the Zombie Plague :/
General Discussion?... so there once was a Private Discussion! Now tell me, did he ever win any war?... And whothefuck is General Off Topic???

WhatTheBreach wrote: think of an autosave after that or for example after being infected with the Zombie Plague :/
That would put the player in a situation where they have to be quick and sharpen their problem solving skills. Also, wouldn't the player be smart enough to put on the hazmat suit and re-contain SCP-008?
I'm evil?