Phanalax's Models

Hello everyone here! I'm would really like to contribute some 3d models for the SCP containment breach C++ remake. I was going to make a SCP-682 model, however I am uncertain what is canon for his appearance so I made a more insect like rendition of SCP-372. This is obviously untextured and still work in progress but Is rapidly nearing completion.
I would love some feedback from the community.
(about the 8 pairs of legs, it seemed extremely impractical)

Re: Phanalax's Models

Thanks! I can make it more like the picture there, The main differences being the position of the 2nd arm set and the length of the neck? Or are you asking to remodel to look like that picture? In addition If someone can give me a definite description of the visual appearance of scp-682 I would love to make a model for him also.

Phanalax wrote:Thanks! I can make it more like the picture there, The main differences being the position of the 2nd arm set and the length of the neck? Or are you asking to remodel to look like that picture? In addition If someone can give me a definite description of the visual appearance of scp-682 I would love to make a model for him also.
I don't think 682 is going to be officially added, at the time he's doing great with his Gate B cameo. I have heard of plans of a scripted chase event, but not in a while. But if you want to make a model, be my guest. And as of the visual description, here's a Deviantart page with some pretty good pictures of it.
http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/ ... iew_mode=2
I'm evil?

Phanalax wrote:Thanks! I can make it more like the picture there, The main differences being the position of the 2nd arm set and the length of the neck? Or are you asking to remodel to look like that picture?
I don't know, that's the image that best describe SCP-372, but you could just make it look like.
Phanalax wrote:In addition If someone can give me a definite description of the visual appearance of scp-682 I would love to make a model for him also.
Yeah, sure, first, the official pictures of SCP-682:
Spoiler
And now, how SCP-682 would look like in the game:
Spoiler
These images are from the Six-Eight-Two game, unfortunately the model has not been ported due to compatibility problems.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Holy Shit, Someone is finally making this. Best of luck to you sir!

(Wasn't chris gonna make 372? I need to punch him.)
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Wow, nice work so far! It really does look nice. Hope this will go through, 372 deserves something better than that horrible polygonal mess, and every time someone does start make something for him, it gets cancelled!

A few suggestions; 1) To fit a bit better with the articles description, try making some of the limbs longer and ganglier. 2) Extend the neck a little, it'd make the body in general look a lot more articulate. 3) Maybe work on the head a little bit? It's mentioned as being rather reptilian looking by the author outside of the article, maybe something like this, or this.

Here's a nice thread discussing the appearance of 372, you can find some of the technically canon descriptions quoted by the author in there. http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1351

Edit: Here's a edited version of the original image I made for 372. The current loading screen's decompressed at a lower quality. http://i.imgur.com/Ef9AYT2.png
It slep time bunner.

Amazing model! It's really well done but there are some major differences:
1) SCP-372 has 16 limbs (8 pairs of limbs)
2) It should have a more reptilian body (it has a salamander-shaped body with jecko limbs), the pinchers are out-of-place since it does not have them...
3) It needs a big sensory organ on the forhead
Great work though! :D
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)