Skin_'s Texture Shop

What is this thread all about?
This thread is basically where I will be posting all of the textures that I create so that if Regalis ever needs any, he can just pick one from here that fits straight away. If you are creating collaborative content or a mod for SCPCB, you can also use these textures. You MUST message me first though. Also, only proper mods that actually add content can use the textures, so sorry but no resource packs. Obviously, if a texture is already used, its likely (but not definite) that you wont be able to use it yourself. Reg can use whatever he wishes though :D

There isn't a whole lot here right now, but I will be adding more to this thread every now and then. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll eventually get to it if I think its a good idea. The thread also doesn't have to be limited to my own textures. If you have you own that you think could go here, I'll happily add them on.

"How do you do stuff like this...?"
Well, I guess it's largely due to skills that you either do or just don't possess, and I am fortunate enough to do so. That, and a bit of practice. I hadn't done anything like this before I started though, the only digital media being Minecraft pixel art. The strong concrete/metal texture used by InnocentSam is actually the first one I did. As for the things I use to do it with, it's just Paint.NET and a good 'ol computer mouse. Textures like the bricks also start off as pictures I take. Then I edit them and make sure they tile correctly.

CLICK HERE FOR THE ALBUM OF ALL THE CURRENT TEXTURES

Door Corrupted by 106
Spoiler
White brick wall 1
Spoiler
White brick wall 2
Spoiler
Wall with bricks and corrugated metal
Spoiler
Strong metal paneling
Spoiler
Corrugated metal roof
Spoiler
Brown floor tiles
Spoiler
Green floor tiles
Spoiler
USED -

Strong metal/concrete wall [InnocentSam - Box of Horrors Mod]
Spoiler
Medibay wall [InnocentSam - Box of Horrors Mod]
Spoiler
Last edited by Skin_ on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Re: Skin_'s Texture Shop

Akatos wrote:Great work, I would suggest to put the texures into sub folders like walls, ceiling, floor, npcs etc.
Thanks, I'll do that when I have a larger collection of textures. Right now there isn't much point. I also hadn't thought of doing any NPCs, but I just had an idea... hmm...

Nice work, love the medical bay wall texture!

If you could compile these into a gallery or album, like on imgur, I'd gladly update the resource thread for you, that way, it'd be more likely to be seen by Regalis, he's already implemented some stuff from that thread.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Nice work, love the medical bay wall texture!

If you could compile these into a gallery or album, like on imgur, I'd gladly update the resource thread for you, that way, it'd be more likely to be seen by Regalis, he's already implemented some stuff from that thread.
Thank you! I'm actually going away for a week now, so it will be that long until I can do what you said :p
I will do it though.

samhamnam wrote:Oh man, you are really good at making these textures. How do you do stuff like this?
Thanks! I guess it's largely due to skills that you either do or just don't possess, and I am fortunate enough to do so. That, and a bit of practice. I hadn't done anything like this before I started though, the only digital media being Minecraft pixel art. The strong concrete/metal texture used by InnocentSam is actually the first one I did. As for the things I use to do it with, it's just Paint.NET and a good 'ol computer mouse. Textures like the bricks also start off as pictures I take. Then I edit them and make sure they tile correctly.

More coming soon! I also messaged you, Omniary.

Skin_ wrote:
What is this thread all about?
This thread is basically where I will be posting all of the textures that I create so that if Regalis ever needs any, he can just pick one from here that fits straight away. If you are creating collaborative content or a mod for SCPCB, you can also use these textures. You MUST message me first though. Also, only proper mods that actually add content can use the textures, so sorry but no resource packs. Obviously, if a texture is already used, its likely (but not definite) that you wont be able to use it yourself. Reg can use whatever he wishes though :D

There isn't a whole lot here right now, but I will be adding more to this thread every now and then. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll eventually get to it if I think its a good idea. The thread also doesn't have to be limited to my own textures. If you have you own that you think could go here, I'll happily add them on.

"How do I do stuff like this...?"
Well, I guess it's largely due to skills that you either do or just don't possess, and I am fortunate enough to do so. That, and a bit of practice. I hadn't done anything like this before I started though, the only digital media being Minecraft pixel art. The strong concrete/metal texture used by InnocentSam is actually the first one I did. As for the things I use to do it with, it's just Paint.NET and a good 'ol computer mouse. Textures like the bricks also start off as pictures I take. Then I edit them and make sure they tile correctly.

CLICK HERE FOR THE ALBUM OF ALL THE CURRENT TEXTURES

Door Corrupted by 106
Spoiler
White brick wall 1
Spoiler
White brick wall 2
Spoiler
Corrugated metal roof
Spoiler
Brown floor tiles
Spoiler
Green floor tiles
Spoiler
USED -

Strong metal/concrete wall [InnocentSam - Box of Horrors Mod]
Spoiler
Medibay wall [InnocentSam - Box of Horrors Mod]
Spoiler
Nice textures, I wouldn't be surprised if Reg. used these when he adds something new. :173:
Last edited by Skull on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.