Warnings

My idea is warnings for SCP: Containment Breach. "How so," you might ask?

Instead of a message like this:
SCP-008 is nearby.
You'll hear D-9341 shivering or perhaps an arm comes up on screen with goosebumps. This should happen only a fraction of the time when a player is near an SCP/MTF unit, and should slowly decrease in chance until you won't experience it anymore, meaning after a while, that's it. Stay alert.

Sound good?
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Re: Warnings

CLgaming wrote:That kinda takes away from the atmosphere.

But nobody agrees with me anyways...
Well i agree.

A lot of different things make this game really scary, and one part is the dread, you never know whats nearby or waiting behind the door, be it 173 or 106, knowing there near takes away that dread and mystery.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

SCP-500 wrote:A lot of different things make this game really scary, and one part is the dread, you never know whats nearby or waiting behind the door, be it 173 or 106, knowing there near takes away that dread and mystery.
That's right. If you see on the navigator that 173 is nearby but you don't know where, it makes the situation very scary if you know what I mean.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Well, the problem with those kinds of "warnings" would be that SCPs who depend on jumpscares would lose their moment. I already refuse to use my Navigation thingie for that reason.
So I can yell and rant at my screen whenever 173 decides to pop up at the most impossible times :D
Although I think that it could work with SCPs like 049 or 096, although not through shivering or such but distant noises.

Like some faint screaming/crying and gunshot noises... perhaps someone screaming "OH GOD I SAW ITS FACE!" when you're getting closer to 096's location.
And 049 could be heard speaking very faintly mixed with some random shouts and screams.
Mind you, this would work anywhere in the "Heavy Containment Zone". Not just when you're nearby. But I think you should feel the threat that those SCPs create more often, even if you're not the one currently facing them head on.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:Not just when you're nearby. But I think you should feel the threat that those SCPs create more often, even if you're not the one currently facing them head on.
I agree, the player should get a hint of those things way before he or she encounters them. I know the loading screens & papers found already do that to a certain extent (I saw SCP-939 on a loading screen and almost stopped playing), but I mean things like briefly seeing 939 crawl somewhere & hearing it kill someone, hearing an SCP over the intercom, seeing what an SCP did, etc.

Although, I would like it a bit if the player had the S-Nav Ultimate up, it would say something aloud, like "WARNING: SCP-106 DETECTED" seconds before :106:'s spawning noises were heard. It might also add to the dread if it didn't show the SCP proximity circles on the S-Nav Ultimate.
SCP: Containment Breach can NEVER be too scary!
We must make it scarier!

But SugarLumpy-

SCARIER!!

SugarLumpy wrote:
Serimah wrote:Not just when you're nearby. But I think you should feel the threat that those SCPs create more often, even if you're not the one currently facing them head on.
I agree, the player should get a hint of those things way before he or she encounters them. I know the loading screens & papers found already do that to a certain extent (I saw SCP-939 on a loading screen and almost stopped playing), but I mean things like briefly seeing 939 crawl somewhere & hearing it kill someone, hearing an SCP over the intercom, seeing what an SCP did, etc.

Although, I would like it a bit if the player had the S-Nav Ultimate up, it would say something aloud, like "WARNING: SCP-106 DETECTED" seconds before :106:'s spawning noises were heard. It might also add to the dread if it didn't show the SCP proximity circles on the S-Nav Ultimate.
Nice necro, bro.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA