Re: MTF model file

Ok boys I'm afk for a week or so to finish my Spring classes.

I decided to put the energy into 860 instead these past day/s because I feel guilty for playing Dota instead of working on it.

The low poly p-90 has all its normals done and looking OK, just have to touch up a couple areas on it and paint out a decent diffuse map (which I suck at).
Then I'll go onto finishing the MTF model maybe in time for 1.0

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Wait, this is awesome.

Speaking of, why a P90? I understand a guard, but wouldn't make sense that an MTF unit would need a higher caliber for what he would combat?
Well a P90 is very easy to deploy. It's relatively light and can the holder can change positions from waist level to sighted in, ready to fire in a short moment. The MTFs need to be efficient, ready for action. Running in, guns a-blaze with the heaviest most powerful .50 cal machine guns would not work in most cases.
I'm evil?

Well, yeah, but consider this:

Guards only have the worry of SCPs in a secure (well, not so much) site as well as individuals such as Class-D trying to make a run.

MTF should be ready upon launch, especially the armed response teams. They should already have weapons out when deployed.

So what I'm saying is for MTF, they're ready.
RaptorCyclone wrote:The MTFs need to be efficient, ready for action. Running in, guns a-blaze with the heaviest most powerful .50 cal machine guns would not work in most cases.
That's terrifying AND inefficient. I'd expect them to at least carry something heavier than a P90. It's just too... small. and 9m don't do crap for something like SCP-106.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:I'd expect them to at least carry something heavier than a P90. It's just too... small. and 9m don't do crap for something like SCP-106.
Not even a .50 cal round would work on it, it doesn't matter how big the projectile is, all solid matter is subject to SCP-106's corrosion. They would most likely need to carry flash-bangs or miniature versions of the HID Turret, to at least deter it.
I'm evil?

Stopped to work on some steam Workshop and other 1.0 update thingies:

Finished the P90, working on finishing MTF textures and it's already rigged, so then I get to spend painstaking hours perfecting every animation until I end up with an MTF walking like he got kicked in the balls or something. Thanks to my 1337 te3tur1ng sk1llz dude LOL xdDDDdd
Spoiler

P90 is light weight, compatible and extremely powerful in a situation where you're dealing with an enclosed facility with a modular room system. I don't see what's wrong, the MTF are trained not to KILL every SCP they encounter, these guys are Veterans and are briefed on just about every nightmare lurking in there that may of escaped. Bullets are also ineffective VS SCP-106 as stated earlier.

Mirocaine wrote:Stopped to work on some steam Workshop and other 1.0 update thingies:

Finished the P90, working on finishing MTF textures and it's already rigged, so then I get to spend painstaking hours perfecting every animation until I end up with an MTF walking like he got kicked in the balls or something. Thanks to my 1337 te3tur1ng sk1llz dude LOL xdDDDdd
Spoiler

P90 is light weight, compatible and extremely powerful in a situation where you're dealing with an enclosed facility with a modular room system. I don't see what's wrong, the MTF are trained not to KILL every SCP they encounter, these guys are Veterans and are briefed on just about every nightmare lurking in there that may of escaped. Bullets are also ineffective VS SCP-106 as stated earlier.

The model is awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it in action when the whole thing is finished.
I'm evil?

New MTF Animations

The animations are great, but I think the MTF/Guard units could use new animations.

1) Reloading
I think this would be a good animation.
Also, have the MTF units only have a
certain amount of ammo.

2) Running
There already is a running animation for
them, but make the running animation some
what close to Call of duty's running animation

3) Opening Doors
This would make the game have some good physics,
unlike the MTF's randomly opening door's with there brains

4) New idol animation
Except for them standing still with there guns, make them maybe
put there guns lower and make there backs hunch a bit

5) Talking animation
When communicating on radio to command, make them
put there hand up to there helmet so it looks like there are
talking with the command

Now, this is only a suggestion and does not actually have to be a thing.
But it would be a good idea (I think)
  • Modder of SCP Containment breach.
Also, my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbSf5r ... d43Gf_FXHQ