Re: (SUGGESTIONS) Canon 173 model

I think that if it does not look monsterous enough it makes it less scary. Being killed by something that is just an object does not generate the same kind of fear even if it is just as dangerous because you intinctually fear being hunted by something obviously predatory. I am not saying to radically change its apearance, I am saying to make subtle changes to make it look more threatening. Make the face a little less abstract looking so that you perceive it as the face of something predatory. :173: I think that all it needs is a more prominent mouth and a few more subtle changes to the overal shape and finer details. Make the facial expression a little less neutral. It does not have to be something obvious like an evil grin or an expression of rage. Just make it look more like something that is looking back at you and is not friendly. Currently its face almost reminds me of the face of the front of a car, which isn't really a face at all, it just happens to look a little like a face because of how parts are positioned.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

The whole thing about 173 is that is not predatory or menancing in itself. It's a perfectly normal squlture that somehow tryis to kill people when out of sight, if it is obviously menancing or threathening 173 loses the creppy and the unsettling.

173 is not scary because it's a monster bent on killing you, monster killing people is within reason it is what monsters do, it is normal for a monster to follow the prey and to kill you. 173 is scary and unsettling because normal unsuspecting statues are not supposed to follow you and break your neck. It is not a monster, it does not look like a monster yet it still stalks you and kills you even thought normal statues are not supposed to do it. Remember that in the end 173 is not a monster in the shape of a statue, or a demon, or something statuelike. 173 point is being an strange looking avant-garde statue.

That kills.

Everyone imagines that the scary and dark statues can come alive to kill you, it is somewhat expected, the funny-looking statue with the ridiculous head? Why should anyone protec themselves from that?
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

I kind of do agree with that. I think we should try to find a balance between the two. The trick is to make it clearly look like it is just a statue while also giving it subtly aggressive feel. I think that in it's current form, 173 isn't enough of either. It doesn't really look like a statue because of the bad texture and shape, and the face doesn't look quite enough like a face to be creepy in the way that it should.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

legendaryweredragon wrote:I kind of do agree with that. I think we should try to find a balance between the two. The trick is to make it clearly look like it is just a statue while also giving it subtly aggressive feel. I think that in it's current form, 173 isn't enough of either. It doesn't really look like a statue because of the bad texture and shape, and the face doesn't look quite enough like a face to be creepy in the way that it should.
Indeed. Maybe we can use the face of the 173 in the official foundation picture.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

I have created a new model in light of reviewing this thread to find a more cannon version of 173 to add to the game.

I know I said I would be leaving but I spent hours last night turning in bed and couldn't sleep, I knew this had to be done so I spent the rest of the night up until this day working hard on sculpting a new model, observing and measuring every angle and meter needed to estimate the real mass and volume of 173 and perfecting every little detail up to each crack.
Spoiler
I would like to thank the community, Regalis, the SCP wiki members and my mother for the opportunity to work on this