[Model] SCP-1370 (Pesterbot)

Be afraid, users, for the most terrifying SCP of all is coming soon to a Site :REDACTED: near you!
SCP-1370 AKA Doombot2000 AKA RoboLord the Destructor AKA Prime Minister Sinister AKA Patheticon the Garglemost AKA Pesterbot will haunt your dreams for years to come!

Kinda double-posing what I already showed in the "Model Request" thread, but I'll be putting updates here from now on.

The only thing I feel is where I want it right now is the head texture, so a lot of it is probably going to change. After it's all done I'll rig and animate it, but to be honest I'm not exactly familiar with the Blitz3D engine, so I probably won't be able to implement him myself. I guess we'll see.

I feel adding another comical SCP couldn't hurt really.

In any case, thanks for reading! :D
Hey, if you've got a minute why not check out my modeling portfolio here!
Also be sure to check out my current project Equestrian Terrors!

Re: [Model] SCP-1370 (Pesterbot)

++Focus++ wrote:Well, we focus more on canon SCP's and trying to make them as canon as possible. This is, however, a very great model, and what modeling engine to you use?
Why, thank you!

I use 3ds Max, and Mudbox usually, but since he's got such a simple design I haven't needed to sculpt anything on this one. I read through the exporting process, exporting it as an FBX and converting it to the final .B3D and what not. It seems very do-able! :)

Twitch-A-Twitch! wrote:
++Focus++ wrote:Well, we focus more on canon SCP's and trying to make them as canon as possible. This is, however, a very great model, and what modeling engine to you use?
Why, thank you!

I use 3ds Max, and Mudbox usually, but since he's got such a simple design I haven't needed to sculpt anything on this one. I read through the exporting process, exporting it as an FBX and converting it to the final .B3D and what not. It seems very do-able! :)
I don't know if you know this yet, but if you plan to edit the .b3d file, do not export it in a different format or else you'll lose your animations.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

Pretty good model! I have no recommendations apart from maybe making the arms a TINY bit thicker.

Are there any full-body reference photos of SCP-1370? If not, you can do a lot of stuff with the legs to make him look more "cartoony" and look more unthreatening.

I would love to see this SCP in the game as a comical relief, maybe there could be some sort of scene where you hear something banging on a nearby door, the sounds are very loud and you expect something terrible to appear, then suddenly the door opens, and a small, hostile and unthreatening robot comes saying things reminiscent of old time villians, then it falls over.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:Pretty good model! I have no recommendations apart from maybe making the arms a TINY bit thicker.
Thank you, and will do! :D
Irontaco wrote:Are there any full-body reference photos of SCP-1370? If not, you can do a lot of stuff with the legs to make him look more "cartoony" and look more unthreatening.

Unfortunately I couldn't find where the photo originally came from or any full body shots, and the art based off of him isn't great. I'm definitely open to ideas on what I can do with the legs! :)
Irontaco wrote:I would love to see this SCP in the game as a comical relief, maybe there could be some sort of scene where you hear something banging on a nearby door, the sounds are very loud and you expect something terrible to appear, then suddenly the door opens, and a small, hostile and unthreatening robot comes saying things reminiscent of old time villians, then it falls over.
Exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for :laugh:

Thank you all for your support! I'll keep ya updated!