Re: SCP 682 Model

Juicy wrote:I don't like the film because...
Spoiler
Well I don't want to turn this thread into a movie discussion (anddoublepostsgiveaidstoafricankids) but that movie is like Justin Bieber: its fans like it because of how it looks, ignoring its real content. A 200 pages book just isn't enough to make three 3 hour long films. Those 20 minute walks and poor dialogues make it so damn boring. And in my town's crappy cinema -which is now closed- we needed to pay 10€ instead of 5€ to watch it because the producers wanted to make even more money.

I might make a thread to discuss things about films later.
Oh, and I wonder how 682 will be implemented on Irrlicht if the conversion goes well, there could be some kind of physics-related event where it destroys a wall or where you need to do some kind of puzzle to escape from it.

Or maybe an event where you need to make him go to something more interesting than a simple class-D such as 079 or a simple bunch of MTFs?

P.S: I was a bit wrong, Night is making this model and Mirocaine another one.
Whether you like the film or not is completely irrelevant to this topic :roll: The main reason I thought his suggestion was dumb is because its totally not canon.

Whoa, lots of things been going on since I wasn't here. :shock:

About the dragon thing from the Hobbit, I think _M4Z_ meant only the voice; the way it sounds, and suggested something similar for the voice of 682. In which case I would be fine with it I suppose.
edit*
Never mind that, didn't notice he wrote dialogue.
Juicy wrote:Oh, and I wonder how 682 will be implemented on Irrlicht if the conversion goes well, there could be some kind of physics-related event where it destroys a wall or where you need to do some kind of puzzle to escape from it.
Yeah, that'd be cool; I wonder if it could be used for 096 as well, which would be interesting.

Also, to stay on topic, I'm almost finished with the diffuse map then all that'll be left for textures is the hair and specular map (which are both pretty easy, hair a bit harder), then it's off to rigging and animating.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Spoiler
Well I don't want to turn this thread into a movie discussion (anddoublepostsgiveaidstoafricankids) but that movie is like Justin Bieber: its fans like it because of how it looks, ignoring its real content. A 200 pages book just isn't enough to make three 3 hour long films. Those 20 minute walks and poor dialogues make it so damn boring. And in my town's crappy cinema -which is now closed- we needed to pay 10€ instead of 5€ to watch it because the producers wanted to make even more money.

Oh, and I wonder how 682 will be implemented on Irrlicht if the conversion goes well, there could be some kind of physics-related event where it destroys a wall or where you need to do some kind of puzzle to escape from it.

Or maybe an event where you need to make him go to something more interesting than a simple class-D such as 079 or a simple bunch of MTFs?

well, whatever. It's your opinions. I can't force you to like a specific food for an example.

Skin_ wrote:
Spoiler

Whether you like the film or not is completely irrelevant to this topic :roll: The main reason I thought his suggestion was dumb is because its totally not canon.
How is it irrelevevant to this topic if I left a suggestion?

_M4Z_ wrote:
Skin_ wrote:
Spoiler

How is it irrelevevant to this topic if I left a suggestion?
what I mean is that his dialoge would be infulenzed by Smaug from the movie. Don't mean his whole dialoce has to be same. Also it was a suggestion. I am not offenced if anything I said will not be added.

As for the model, if two persons are going to make two models, how are they going to be added? Shouldn't it be just possible to make 2 feet and 4-limb poses?

Try not to double post man. Also to clarify I was replying to the other guy, since for some reason he thought that it was necessary to criticize the film in this topic. What you said yourself was relevant, but the suggestion itself sounded a little silly to me. I just think that it should sound like how it was written on the SCP wiki. Anyway, I feel like this is getting a little too derailed so enough of that.

About your other suggestion, I think its too late for the model to be changed around that much at this stage, since it looks its already being finished up. I honestly prefer it how it is, but I think the reason you imagine it differently is because that is how its often portrayed in images.

Night wrote:There will be two models because; one will be before getting heavily injured (the one I'm making now), and another one after getting heavily injured (which is the one Mirocaine is making, but I don't know if he's still working on it or not).
alrighty