[Update V5] Upgrading old sounds

This is version 5 of the upgraded sounds!
Changes:
-Upgraded Error.ogg, Horror7.ogg, teslaidle.ogg, teslapowerup.ogg and teslaactivate.ogg

Recently I went through some sounds in the game's folder and noticed that some are not that high quality. These are mainly sounds which were implemented in one of the earlier versions of the game and haven't changed since (like doors).
So I got to work on "upgrading" some sounds and made this little pack.

You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bolid5zx5flgg ... nds_v5.zip

I am always open for criticism. So if there are any ideas for improvement etc., post them down below.

Sounds changed:
Spoiler
Ambient/General/Ambient3.ogg
Ambient/Room ambience/drip.ogg
Ambient/Room ambience/ventilation.ogg
Ambient/Zone3/Ambient1.ogg
Doors/Door096Slam.ogg (requested by Prune)
Doors/DoorCheckpoint.ogg
Doors/DoorClose1.ogg
Doors/DoorClose2.ogg
Doors/DoorClose3.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen1.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen2.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen3.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen173.ogg
Doors/DoorOpenFast.ogg
Intro/Bang1.ogg
Intro/Bang2.ogg
Intro/Bang3.ogg
Intro/metal173.ogg
Music/AI.ogg
Radio/static.ogg
106escape2.ogg
914death.ogg
apachecrash1.ogg
apachecrash2.ogg
Bell.ogg
Burst.ogg
Button.ogg
Decay0.ogg
Decay1.ogg
Decay2.ogg
Decay3.ogg
Error.ogg
generator.ogg
GlassBreak.ogg
Hiss.ogg
Horror7.ogg
Lever.ogg
LightGun.ogg
LightSwitch.ogg
LureSubject8.ogg
Machine.ogg
Oldman1.ogg
Oldman2.ogg
Oldman3.ogg
Oldman4.ogg
Oldman5.ogg
Oldman6.ogg
OldmanDrag.ogg
PDbreath.ogg
PDimpact.ogg
PickItem0.ogg
teslaactivate.ogg
teslaidle.ogg
teslapowerup.ogg
Last edited by Class401 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Upgrading old sounds

Thanks to you all for the positive feedback! It makes me feel really happy. :)
Theimperfectbeing wrote:Good work! The only one I don't care for (of the ones I checked) was Machine.ogg. The old won seemed better. Otherwise, all of these are great improvements.
Well, when I created Machine.ogg I tried to make it a little more outstanding that the thing(914) is made fully out of clockwork. But that's just me. :)

Awesome job on these!
Theimperfectbeing wrote:Good work! The only one I don't care for (of the ones I checked) was Machine.ogg. The old won seemed better. Otherwise, all of these are great improvements.
To be honest, the current sound effect for 914 sounds a bit like a copier or something similar, and not like a machine fully made of clockworks. This one fits it better IMO.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Class401 wrote:Thanks to you all for the positive feedback! It makes me feel really happy. :)
Well, when I created Machine.ogg I tried to make it a little more outstanding that the thing(914) is made fully out of clockwork. But that's just me. :)
You've done a fantastic job with these, I'm glad you decided to upgrade those old sounds to sound modern.

I really think you should have a go at upgrading the SCP-106 sounds, preferably Oldman1.ogg to Oldman4.ogg and the "drip" sound in the "Room Ambience" folder.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:You've done a fantastic job with these, I'm glad you decided to upgrade those old sounds to sound modern.

I really think you should have a go at upgrading the SCP-106 sounds, preferably Oldman1.ogg to Oldman4.ogg and the "drip" sound in the "Room Ambience" folder.
Thank you! I'll see if I can get to work on these in the next few days. :)

Hey there!

Thanks to everybody for the positive feedback. I already got some suggestions for new sounds and I will take a look at them as quickly as possible.
Prune suggested:
Prune wrote:I really think you should have a go at upgrading the SCP-106 sounds, preferably Oldman1.ogg to Oldman4.ogg and the "drip" sound in the "Room Ambience" folder.
I took a look these sounds and upgraded them along with many others. So here's the 2nd version of the upgraded sounds.

You can download the pack with the link in the first post.

Following sounds have been changed in this version:
Spoiler
Ambient/Room ambience/drip.ogg
106escape2.ogg
173sound1.ogg
173sound2.ogg
173sound3.ogg
914death.ogg
Decay0.ogg
Decay1.ogg
Decay2.ogg
Decay3.ogg