Old, creepy, abandoned heavy containment zone.

It should be rusty, cobwebby, basement-level, and creepier than any place in the facility. There shouldn't be music, but ambiance that's disturbing as hell. It should have containment chambers that look like they have failed in the past. Old, different buttons, doors, etc., should be in the zone. There should be 2 or 3 new, nightmarish SCPs roaming around the place, and they should get out to the rest of the facility after a while if encountered. To make the zone even more nightmare-inducing, it should have SCP-895's disruption effect, scrambling radios & navigators, showing unspeakable things on the old monitors, but not killing the player. There would be a stairway instead of an elevator to the zone. The player shouldn't have to go through there to get to the rest of the facility, but there would be some awesome goodies and a more efficient way between the zones for someone brave enough to step foot down there.

So what do you think, guys?
SCP: Containment Breach can NEVER be too scary!
We must make it scarier!

But SugarLumpy-

SCARIER!!

Re: Old, creepy, abandoned heavy containment zone.

I always fancied the idea of an abandoned zone that was either completely forgotten, or only under maintenance and construction at the time of the breach. It'd probably see the worst of the breach, since I'd imagine it'd be at the heart of the foundations of the facility. I thought it would be a nice nod if it resembled the early alpha versions (=pre 0.3) of the game, with the low ceilings and dirty walls.

I do recall Regalis was somewhat reluctant to start adding more zones due to memory consumption, so perhaps it would work better as a randomly generated environment, like the maintenance tunnels?
It slep time bunner.

Neat. Could also be a potential spot for 939, 066, other easter eggs (other SCPs have already been said, so)... come to think of it, there could be another 970 event there too! Or maybe there'd be a bunch of other 049-2 zombies around (or 008 infected people locked up). I don't think 106, 173, or 049 themselves should have to pop up on such a zone though (again), as tempting as it may be to do just that. I mean really though, I can feel 106 going around yet again, although a big part of me says no, it'd be too much if he pops down there as well.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Anything that would include more of SCP-939! It's my favorite SCP in the new update. I would really like to see more of it! Maybe it could be in the same scenario as the other 2 escaped specimens. When you die, it mentions that 4 escaped. Maybe the other two escaped to this containment zone?
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:Anything that would include more of SCP-939! It's my favorite SCP in the new update. I would really like to see more of it! Maybe it could be in the same scenario as the other 2 escaped specimens. When you die, it mentions that 4 escaped. Maybe the other two escaped to this containment zone?
I'd honestly like to see SCP-280 in this section of the site (that is of course the containment area is poorly lit), it'd be a pretty good scare factor towards the player, and it would definitely guarantee a "holy fuck, why did I even come here" sort of vibe.
That's how the Jonestown Massacre started!

Perhaps this area could be the remains of a previous containment breach, left to die of old age and natural causes. It would really spook the player to see the consequences of previous failures by the foundation, and from that you would get an idea of where the rest of the SCP foundation is heading. I think the overall design of this zone should be close to Aperture Science from Portal 2 before its reconstruction, with plant life and insects infesting the broken walls and floors. This zone should be populated with SCPs that are looking for an escape or a place to live, in the same way a pest insect would. You could find colonies of SCP-772 or SCP-363 lurking about and nestling in abandoned rooms.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Maybe someone could possibly make a (large) hallway, with stairs into something like this idea, to test what it possibly would/could be like in-game? Maybe to get from one side of this hallway to the other you have to go through it? As an extra room, essentially, for a test. In my opinion, it would work well to see people scare the crap out of themselves thinking something may happen inside it.

Obviously it would have large=true in it's room.ini index, or something, so that it has heaps of room and isn't as likely to be intersected by random crap like the maintenance tunnels and 049's tunnels.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

SugarLumpy wrote:It should be rusty, cobwebby, basement-level, and creepier than any place in the facility. There shouldn't be music, but ambiance that's disturbing as hell. It should have containment chambers that look like they have failed in the past. Old, different buttons, doors, etc., should be in the zone. There should be 2 or 3 new, nightmarish SCPs roaming around the place, and they should get out to the rest of the facility after a while if encountered. To make the zone even more nightmare-inducing, it should have SCP-895's disruption effect, scrambling radios & navigators, showing unspeakable things on the old monitors, but not killing the player. There would be a stairway instead of an elevator to the zone. The player shouldn't have to go through there to get to the rest of the facility, but there would be some awesome goodies and a more efficient way between the zones for someone brave enough to step foot down there.

So what do you think, guys?
That's a really good idea! Once I get a new sound card, I'll be able to make sound effects.

There should be a room, which is completely corroded by SCP-106. Once you enter it, the door behind you will malfunction and close. Then it will become pitch black. Suddenly, 106 will say something, for an example "I see you...*laughter*", then emergency lights go on, 106 will appear as well as some freaky music. Once he gets near to to the player, the screen goes black and lighs to back on. The room will look completely normal and it has some good items in it.

Once you open the door, you'll see a text written in blood on the wall on front of you says "I'm coming for you..." and some creepy music will play as well as 106 face will appearin your screen for a second.

This seems like a good idea.
If anything, since 079 is controlling the door systems, it should be kinda like a vault. A large rusted door closing off the older chambers of the facility that have been overrun with wear and tear now opened, and the player can walk into it. But what would be even more cool is if it showed just how old the foundation was, like chambers looking as if they were from victorian times, but abandoned. It would be a nice twist on atmosphere and gameplay if done correctly.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)