Re: Irrlicht Port

The RMesh importer was much easier to implement than I thought it would be:
Spoiler
I just need to add support for its most important features (invisible collision surfaces, lights specified by the files, translucent textures) and I'll upload a new demo.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonocleBios wrote:You do realize that when this happens all self control I have regarding my C++ OCD will be thrown out the window right?
I'll throw it out right now: https://github.com/juanjpro/SCPCBIrrlicht
I'm probably doing something weird, GitHub is new to me.

Here's another compiled demo for you guys to play with: https://www.mediafire.com/?dhir5c0c154s2qe

Invisible collision surfaces aren't implemented yet because it's easy to do. I had to ditch Irrlicht's fixed-function lights because light managers don't work properly with shaders. Spotlights also don't work, but they're barely used by the game so it's not high priority stuff.

nightscout01 wrote:I think a sticky is in order, seeing as this is the only engine port that has produced results that can be seen by the general forum user (an executable). :D
Well said!

BLAM! Stickied.

Really awesome work on this.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

I've been fixing some collision stuff I didn't like.

The player collider has this shape in the demo:
Spoiler
This shape causes a few issues, collision with the environment isn't very realistic. The player can't stay still on staircases and it can climb over handrails and fall to its death.
I replaced the stretched sphere with a more specific shape:
Spoiler
This solves those issues. The margin of the collider was also changed to get rid of twitching.

I also increased the gravity, so things are much less "floaty" and the player doesn't fly up stairs. Invisible collisions surfaces are working now.

I've been committing these changes to the GitHub repository, take a look to see what's changed.