Re: Irrlicht Port

GIMLI_2 wrote:i can't wait to play it :)
You'll be waiting for a while.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

juanjpro wrote:173 now moves if it's behind a wall, thanks to Irrlicht's built-in support for occlusion queries.
I'm pretty sure Regalis could have already done it if he wanted to, considering the whole 173-activation concept that requires you to actually see 173 for the sound to play and for him to begin pursuit.
This brings up the obvious problem of nothing stopping 173. If you close the door, he can just open it if you can't see him. Will you put a restriction on the circumstances for :173: to open doors?
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Astray488 wrote:How do you find the passion and discipline to work on something like this Juan? :0492: :0492:
I don't know, I just have fun making stuff like this.
Hubbawubba64 wrote:If you close the door, he can just open it if you can't see him. Will you put a restriction on the circumstances for :173: to open doors?
Yes, it will take some time before it can open doors.

juanjpro wrote:
Astray488 wrote:How do you find the passion and discipline to work on something like this Juan? :0492: :0492:
I don't know, I just have fun making stuff like this.
Hubbawubba64 wrote:If you close the door, he can just open it if you can't see him. Will you put a restriction on the circumstances for :173: to open doors?
Yes, it will take some time before it can open doors.
Uhh... Are you referring to your progress on development or a set timer in game for it to open doors?

Re: SCPCBIrrlicht

Hi, I'm wondering one thing, do you SCP-173 will have his differents poses again ? (Like turning It's head everytime we blinked)
I don't remember why, but I think it was removed in the game due to a lot of bugs, with a giant invisible wall all above him, but now it will be in a different engine, so do you think the bugs will happen if he have this feature again ?

Re: SCPCBIrrlicht

MetroDelta wrote:Hi, I'm wondering one thing, do you SCP-173 will have his differents poses again ? (Like turning It's head everytime we blinked)
I don't remember why, but I think it was removed in the game due to a lot of bugs, with a giant invisible wall all above him, but now it will be in a different engine, so do you think the bugs will happen if he have this feature again ?
The head-turning will not come back unless someone can make it look good.
I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't cause any bugs, and that invisible wall bug must've been completely unrelated to the head-turning.