Re: SCPCBIrrlicht

So, what's the main focus right now with this project? I think a MAJOR way the game could be improved (to add new content/replay-ability) is to introduce or implement SCP's that are a VIABLE threat throughout the game, like 173 and 106 already are. One of the things I noticed, is although there have been a lot of SCP's added, is that a lot of them are one encounter scps. If there were more Keter scp's in the game that posed an overall threat like 173 and 106, it would make for some interesting game play.
My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/PCRageGamer

Spoiler
more than 70 bones are you serious
Sorry for the lack of progress lately, this (and procrastination) has been taking up most of my time up to this point.
Ps3RageGamer wrote:So, what's the main focus right now with this project?
The main focus right now should be getting the SCPs in, with basic implementations at least. I won't bother to fully code them yet, as I also have to get the events working.

juanjpro wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry for the lack of progress lately, this (and procrastination) has been taking up most of my time up to this point.
The main focus right now should be getting the SCPs in, with basic implementations at least. I won't bother to fully code them yet, as I also have to get the events working.
Although I haven't played it yet, I'm planning on doing so soon, since I just unpacked my capture card after the move. Looking forward to seeing how the games are different, and what has been improved on.

juanjpro wrote:
Spoiler

I just noticed, there's no "launcher" ( no config options or menu ) Do you know when this will be implemented? I was going to do a let's play of this, but I can't figure out if it's randomly generated or not. There's no menu, and I don't think there's a way to save as of yet.

Juan, there is a Blitz3D library that support Directx 9-11 called Hardwired. Not saying you should stop, but I would like to point it out. But great progress from what the videos and screenshots tell us.
I know you, but you don't know me.
I see you. Don't believe me?
Here is some proof:

==================
| You are viewing my post |
==================

Hardwired isn't stable enough to consider switching to, and since it's an extension for Blitz3D, it would still force the game to run on Windows only; Irrlicht is cross-platform. Also, CB's code is such a mess that a rewrite is pretty much required for stability.

AveryLP wrote:I think it's because he doesn't like the current incarnation of SCP-1074
This, and because I can't think of any good implementations for it. I was actually working on something better for it, but as progressed I realized that I still made it suck.