[Suggestions] Community Console Ideas.

Let's get to the point, shall we? (These are placeholder command names)

CONSOLE COMMANDS BY CONNOR SYPHENTOTICS (SyphenTV)

1. "notarget/NoTarget" - Makes it so MTF, or any SCP's will not go for the player. Only needed if person wants to explore the map. With SCP's and MTF, only not getting slaughtered.

2. "reset096" - This command was broken since "lockroom2" (I think) was replaced with the server room. Should be fixed.

3. "resetMTF/resetMobileTaskForce" - Same thing as "reset096". Should be added since MTF are hard to get past, and can glitch inside each other.

4. "entRemove" - Removes the entity, or object in the way. Useful for glitched items, entity's, and objects.

5. "bind <key> "USE" - So you can bind the "spawn SCP-173" command to a key, and spam the button for infinite 173's.

6. "spawn SCP-<Number Here>" Let me explain. This command is only for if you want to observe SCP's without them killing you, or having to get a special item to block the effects. Ex. SCP-012.

7. This isn't a command, but in the options menu, there should be a list of binds you can change, without having to find the numerical values of keys and fixing the Options.ini.

8. "spawnDuck" - This is a funny command, can spawn any kind of duck. Just for fun.

9. "eventCreate" - This allows you to spawn events that happen ingame. (so, if there was a animation implemented where you can see your charecters arm getting ripped open from SCP-012, then it would spawn a Class-D or whatever doing that event, and when it's finished, he disapears.) EX. "eventCreate 012_arm_opening"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTHER FAN MADE COMMENTS - COMMUNITY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTHER FAN MADE COMMENTS - ADMINS AND MODERATORS

Thanks for reading this list, if you have any sugestions, I will add to the section: "OTHER FAN MADE COMMANDS - COMMUNITY". For Mods and Admins, "OTHER FAN MADE COMMANDS - ADMIN AND MODS". I will put your names next to it. EX. juanjpro - "noTarget/notarget" - <What it does>.
Last edited by Nehpys on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [Suggestions] Community Console Ideas.

If I have reason to believe that enough people are interested, I'll consider reviving the old Console Revamp.

As for the commands in question:
SyphenTV wrote:1. "notarget/NoTarget" - Makes it so MTF, or any SCP's will not go for the player. Only needed if person wants to explore the map. With SCP's and MTF, only not getting slaughtered.
This one can be awkward to implement depending on how exactly you want it done, most entities in this game aren't meant to do anything if the player doesn't exist. Wrote a primitive form of this way back, but nobody seemed interested so I dropped it.
2. "reset096" - This command was broken since "lockroom2" (I think) was replaced with the server room. Should be fixed.
The command is easy to fix. If I had to guess as to why it hasn't been fixed already, it's probably because hardly anybody knew about it, let alone used it.
3. "resetMTF/resetMobileTaskForce" - Same thing as "reset096". Should be added since MTF are hard to get past, and can glitch inside each other.
This one really depends on what you mean by 'reset'. As far as I remember, the MTF aren't bound to an event like 096 is. (It's been a long time since I looked at CB's code, so I might be wrong on this.)
4. "entRemove" - Removes the entity, or object in the way. Useful for glitched items, entity's, and objects.
Assuming the usage is 'entRemove $entitytag', I don't know how to implement this well without overhauling a decent chunk of the item system.
5. "bind <key> "USE" - So you can bind the "spawn SCP-173" command to a key, and spam the button for infinite 173's.
IMHO the console is there for debug purposes. It is not meant to be a toy you fuck around with for five minutes for a quick laugh. I honestly don't see any practical application for this since I have command memory in my previous code.
6. "spawn SCP-<Number Here>" Let me explain. This command is only for if you want to observe SCP's without them killing you, or having to get a special item to block the effects. Ex. SCP-012.
I have no idea how this is supposed to be different from the 'spawn' that is already implemented.
8. "spawnDuck" - This is a funny command, can spawn any kind of duck. Just for fun.
See above. If anyone else wants to add commands of this nature, that's fine. I just think it's a waste of time, so I won't be the one doing it.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
I have no idea how this is supposed to be different from the 'spawn' that is already implemented.
I think it's meant to expand upon the already existing spawn command, which sadly cannot spawn entities such as 939, 860-2, and ERIC unless if one manually modifies and compiles the executable.
eric

Theimperfectbeing wrote:
MonocleBios wrote:
I think it's meant to expand upon the already existing spawn command, which sadly cannot spawn entities such as 939, 860-2, and ERIC unless if one manually modifies and compiles the executable.

You are exactly right Imperfect. It was for spawning other things for observing it. I mean, 682's arm from the Gate B ending could be a good example.