SCP-939 Improved Animations

If you have models, sound effects, textures or anything else you would like to be put in the game, post them here. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome.
User avatar
Kenneth crooker
Operative
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: 'Murica

SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Kenneth crooker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:58 pm

In my personal opinion, SCP-939's current in-game animations are a bit to unnatural and robotic in nature.
So, I converted SCP-939's model back to blender and redid most of the animations.
The model's natural movements are aided by it's feet, which are IK bones.
Here's the model if you guys want to download it and view its animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/at4pn ... 939+v2.zip
Tell me what you guys think. :wink:
EDIT: Uploaded a showcase of the animations.
[youtube]watch?v=QZQ2gfEyTZs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
And I also made this humorous extra:
[youtube]watch?v=w7Wb_YoymTw[/youtube]
Last edited by Kenneth crooker on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

User avatar
Hubbawubba64
Operative
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:53 am
Location: US of A

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Hubbawubba64 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Kenneth crooker wrote:In my personal opinion, SCP-939's current in-game animations are a bit to unnatural and robotic in nature.
So, I converted SCP-939's model back to blender and redid most of the animations.
The model's natural movements are aided by it's feet, which are IK bones.
Here's the model if you guys want to download it and view its animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zf9ys ... CP-939.zip
Tell me what you guys think. :wink:

I can't view these, but thank you so much.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

User avatar
Kenneth crooker
Operative
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: 'Murica

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Kenneth crooker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:In my personal opinion, SCP-939's current in-game animations are a bit to unnatural and robotic in nature.
So, I converted SCP-939's model back to blender and redid most of the animations.
The model's natural movements are aided by it's feet, which are IK bones.
Here's the model if you guys want to download it and view its animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zf9ys ... CP-939.zip
Tell me what you guys think. :wink:

I can't view these, but thank you so much.

You're welcome, bruh.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

User avatar
Hubbawubba64
Operative
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:53 am
Location: US of A

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Hubbawubba64 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Kenneth crooker wrote:You're welcome, bruh.

Holy fucking shit I just viewed these (Yeah, I forgot I had blender) and f;ojnsrfjbnlsrkguhlkwrjsfhgl4uthgliw74thgluirthly75tblkjrskblfgurhtlgus

How long have you been doing animations? You could SERIOUSLY improve some stuff around here.

Cough Cough Guard Walking animations.
EDIT: Alert Idle is fucking nightmare fuel.

Maybe it's just me, but run ends a little abruptly.
Last edited by Hubbawubba64 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

User avatar
Kenneth crooker
Operative
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: 'Murica

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Kenneth crooker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks. The very first animations I have done were the ones of SCP-860-2.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

User avatar
MetroDelta
Technician
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 pm
Location: France

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby MetroDelta » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:You're welcome, bruh.


How long have you been doing animations? You could SERIOUSLY improve some stuff around here.



Yeah, for example, I'm thinking about the Zombie Guard animations, when they walk they still walk just like if they had a P90 in their hands, they could have some real zombie animations, just like the older models of SCP-049-2.
Image

User avatar
Kenneth crooker
Operative
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: 'Murica

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Kenneth crooker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:40 pm

MetroDelta wrote:
Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:You're welcome, bruh.


How long have you been doing animations? You could SERIOUSLY improve some stuff around here.



Yeah, for example, I'm thinking about the Zombie Guard animations, when they walk they still walk just like if they had a P90 in their hands, they could have some real zombie animations, just like the older models of SCP-049-2.


I know what you mean, bruh. I guess the zombies could use a good old tune-up.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

User avatar
Astray488
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:09 pm
Location: Site-██
Contact:

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Astray488 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:54 pm

You know if you wanted to redo the animations I could of given you the original .blend

But it's alright these look great, animating isn't my strong point anyhow, perhaps when I finish SCP- :REDACTED: and SCP- :REDACTED: for the Fall update I'll let you animate them. :106:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Astray488
>Previously known as Mirocaine.

User avatar
Kenneth crooker
Operative
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: 'Murica

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Kenneth crooker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Astray488 wrote:You know if you wanted to redo the animations I could of given you the original .blend

But it's alright these look great, animating isn't my strong point anyhow, perhaps when I finish SCP- :REDACTED: and SCP- :REDACTED: for the Fall update I'll let you animate them. :106:

Ok. Thanks, bro. I'd be happy to help.
By the way, does Blitz3D Support models that have IK bones?
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

User avatar
Astray488
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:09 pm
Location: Site-██
Contact:

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Postby Astray488 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Kenneth crooker wrote:By the way, does Blitz3D Support models that have IK bones?


Yeahhhh... there's an issue going on right now (at least with my exports) regarding models. fragMOTION loses track of some of the bone weights on the vertices and this causes massive stretching and distortion, I had to go into fragmo and redo a lot of bone bindings by hand (pain in the neck..).

I don't know if IK bones will follow the same issue, but if you export that as .FBX version 6 (or something) and start to see stretching and issues then.. well, yeah.

Anyhow I should REALLY do a video tutorial for all forum users (like I said I would 2 years ago) it's a complex process. Maybe as soon as I get my new PC.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Astray488
>Previously known as Mirocaine.


Return to “Collaboration”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests