Page 1 of 3

SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:58 pm
by Kenneth crooker
In my personal opinion, SCP-939's current in-game animations are a bit to unnatural and robotic in nature.
So, I converted SCP-939's model back to blender and redid most of the animations.
The model's natural movements are aided by it's feet, which are IK bones.
Here's the model if you guys want to download it and view its animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/at4pn ... 939+v2.zip
Tell me what you guys think. :wink:
EDIT: Uploaded a showcase of the animations.
[youtube]watch?v=QZQ2gfEyTZs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
And I also made this humorous extra:
[youtube]watch?v=w7Wb_YoymTw[/youtube]

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:01 pm
by Hubbawubba64
Kenneth crooker wrote:In my personal opinion, SCP-939's current in-game animations are a bit to unnatural and robotic in nature.
So, I converted SCP-939's model back to blender and redid most of the animations.
The model's natural movements are aided by it's feet, which are IK bones.
Here's the model if you guys want to download it and view its animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zf9ys ... CP-939.zip
Tell me what you guys think. :wink:

I can't view these, but thank you so much.

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:02 pm
by Kenneth crooker
Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:In my personal opinion, SCP-939's current in-game animations are a bit to unnatural and robotic in nature.
So, I converted SCP-939's model back to blender and redid most of the animations.
The model's natural movements are aided by it's feet, which are IK bones.
Here's the model if you guys want to download it and view its animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zf9ys ... CP-939.zip
Tell me what you guys think. :wink:

I can't view these, but thank you so much.

You're welcome, bruh.

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:24 pm
by Hubbawubba64
Kenneth crooker wrote:You're welcome, bruh.

Holy fucking shit I just viewed these (Yeah, I forgot I had blender) and f;ojnsrfjbnlsrkguhlkwrjsfhgl4uthgliw74thgluirthly75tblkjrskblfgurhtlgus

How long have you been doing animations? You could SERIOUSLY improve some stuff around here.

Cough Cough Guard Walking animations.
EDIT: Alert Idle is fucking nightmare fuel.

Maybe it's just me, but run ends a little abruptly.

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:32 pm
by Kenneth crooker
Thanks. The very first animations I have done were the ones of SCP-860-2.

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:37 pm
by MetroDelta
Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:You're welcome, bruh.


How long have you been doing animations? You could SERIOUSLY improve some stuff around here.



Yeah, for example, I'm thinking about the Zombie Guard animations, when they walk they still walk just like if they had a P90 in their hands, they could have some real zombie animations, just like the older models of SCP-049-2.

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:40 pm
by Kenneth crooker
MetroDelta wrote:
Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:You're welcome, bruh.


How long have you been doing animations? You could SERIOUSLY improve some stuff around here.



Yeah, for example, I'm thinking about the Zombie Guard animations, when they walk they still walk just like if they had a P90 in their hands, they could have some real zombie animations, just like the older models of SCP-049-2.


I know what you mean, bruh. I guess the zombies could use a good old tune-up.

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:54 pm
by Astray488
You know if you wanted to redo the animations I could of given you the original .blend

But it's alright these look great, animating isn't my strong point anyhow, perhaps when I finish SCP- :REDACTED: and SCP- :REDACTED: for the Fall update I'll let you animate them. :106:

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:57 pm
by Kenneth crooker
Astray488 wrote:You know if you wanted to redo the animations I could of given you the original .blend

But it's alright these look great, animating isn't my strong point anyhow, perhaps when I finish SCP- :REDACTED: and SCP- :REDACTED: for the Fall update I'll let you animate them. :106:

Ok. Thanks, bro. I'd be happy to help.
By the way, does Blitz3D Support models that have IK bones?

Re: SCP-939 Improved Animations

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:05 pm
by Astray488
Kenneth crooker wrote:By the way, does Blitz3D Support models that have IK bones?


Yeahhhh... there's an issue going on right now (at least with my exports) regarding models. fragMOTION loses track of some of the bone weights on the vertices and this causes massive stretching and distortion, I had to go into fragmo and redo a lot of bone bindings by hand (pain in the neck..).

I don't know if IK bones will follow the same issue, but if you export that as .FBX version 6 (or something) and start to see stretching and issues then.. well, yeah.

Anyhow I should REALLY do a video tutorial for all forum users (like I said I would 2 years ago) it's a complex process. Maybe as soon as I get my new PC.