Re: [WIP] D-Class Quarters Toilet

Ninjabuntu wrote:The Toilet/Sink combo is spot on from what i have seen personally and I think that would be more accurate to what one would find inside of a Class D Housing Cell rather then the current props. The Nova Prospect Toilet and sink are fine and dandy, but would not keep in the trends we see in current and modern Prisons and Jail cells. The SCP:CB Site is, as far as I can tell from the in game lore, Fairly new of at least 5 and upwards to as much as 10 years old.
So because the foundation is advanced the toilets have to be, to?
Spoiler

I get it's all hypothetical and all, but I do enjoy a good friendly debate.

No, I was talking in terms of construction trends. Especially from a Jail/prison point of view. Granted, this is an optional sort of thing, but so are the traditional fixtures.

However if I wanted to build a space that houses Hundreds if not thousands of imprisoned people. I would want to keep in line with the current trends in terms of security. A prisoner tends to want to rail out on the authority that is holding them. Destruction of the cell and what not. Couple that with violent tendencies as most Class-D are supposed to be death row inmates. They also tend to rail on each other as well. Shanks, and other lovely things of that sort are possible from the traditional fixtures.

This sorts of housing is not easy nor is it cheap. The traditional Fixtures like a sink and toilet are built around the civilian needs and aesthetics rather then ruggedness and also to have as few if any detachable part. The combination unit is study, all hardened steel, single unit construction allows the administration to provide the human needs with out allowing them anything that can be modified that is really very resilient to destruction.

When anchored to a solid, reinforced, cement wall. These things will not be moved without a nearly herculean amount of effort and strength. the same can not be said even in the slightest about the traditional setup.

I just do see The Foundation spend all this money and time to contain all these bad ass anomalies to go over the top with their security measures. and then just crap out on the housing cells of very violent and known killers to allow them to destroy their cells or give them the possible means to plan attacks or escapes. That would just be dumb of them, and we all know the Foundation takes containment and security very seriously.

So yeah, poke fun at my silly notion if you want, but admit it. I make a valid point too. I'm willing to admit I see it is also valid from your point of view as well.

Then again this is all Hypothetical after all.

I yield the debate on to you now. LOL...
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

I mean, the model looks nice. There's no point to not adding it in, I'd say. It looks more like a prisony type thing anyway, and considering where the Class-D's are, it makes sense. It's attention to detail like that that makes the game stand out. So why not?
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

Exactly. But the game is fun either way. Little details help, but in the end, they don't mater.
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

MrJPenguin1 wrote:I mean, the model looks nice. There's no point to not adding it in, I'd say. It looks more like a prisony type thing anyway, and considering where the Class-D's are, it makes sense. It's attention to detail like that that makes the game stand out. So why not?
Reg isn't going to add it, I already know.

and it's for a different reason other then I don't like the model
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:Reg isn't going to add it, I already know.

and it's for a different reason other then I don't like the model
Well that a shame.

Hey Strogg, I have my own version, but yours looks better. Send it my way and I'll use it along with any other models you send me. You'll get credit if I release my project with models you created.

PM me and we'll hammer out the details...