[WIP] D-Class Quarters Toilet

I thought that the d-class personnel quarters didn't seem quite prison-y enough, so I've been working on a wall mounted security toilet/sink. I enjoy modelling stuff like this, so if you need similar objects I could pitch in (with the understanding that I'm easily distracted, and so I try to avoid committing to individual projects).

Also I know the toilet looks kinda high poly, but the finished version will have an appropriate poly count.
Spoiler
Last edited by Strogg on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [WIP] D-Class Quarters Toilet

Strogg wrote:I thought that the d-class personnel quarters didn't seem quite prison-y enough, so I've been working on a wall mounted security toilet/sink. I enjoy modelling stuff like this, so if you need similar objects I could pitch in (with the understanding that I'm easily distracted, and so I try to avoid committing to individual projects).

Also I know the toilet looks kinda high poly, but the finished version will have an appropriate poly count.
Spoiler
This actually looks good. YAY. It looks better than the one we have now, a normal fucking household toilet.
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.

Kewl.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

slender1200 wrote:This actually looks good. YAY. It looks better than the one we have now, a normal fucking household toilet.
Hubbawubba64 wrote:Kewl.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:Way better than the one we have. :)
Thanks :) unfortunately it seems blitz doesn't support normal maps and only has basic lighting, but I'm still working on this anyway. The version I upload will be altered a bit to better suit this, since the main version will use normal maps. The preview image has been updated.

Strogg wrote:unfortunately it seems blitz doesn't support normal maps and only has basic lighting
You could add normal maps for specific cases, but whether or not it looks good varies from model to model. However, it is a this-or-that situation with lighting. To get good lighting, the model has to be included into the baked lighting of 3D World Studio, but then you would lose the ability for normal maps.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

The Toilet/Sink combo is spot on from what i have seen personally and I think that would be more accurate to what one would find inside of a Class D Housing Cell rather then the current props. The Nova Prospect Toilet and sink are fine and dandy, but would not keep in the trends we see in current and modern Prisons and Jail cells. The SCP:CB Site is, as far as I can tell from the in game lore, Fairly new of at least 5 and upwards to as much as 10 years old.

Good work Strogg.

By the way Strogg, is your name a "Quake 2/3" reference?
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

Ninjabuntu wrote:The Toilet/Sink combo is spot on from what i have seen personally and I think that would be more accurate to what one would find inside of a Class D Housing Cell rather then the current props. The Nova Prospect Toilet and sink are fine and dandy, but would not keep in the trends we see in current and modern Prisons and Jail cells. The SCP:CB Site is, as far as I can tell from the in game lore, Fairly new of at least 5 and upwards to as much as 10 years old.

Good work Strogg.

By the way Strogg, is your name a "Quake 2/3" reference?
I personally don't see what's wrong with using an older style toilet, I mean ffs it's a TOILET.
You don't have to make it all fancy.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time